Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 5.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

I work events in the main though obviously covids stopped that but christmas is usually one of my busiest periods for work. no holidays built up or anything like that
    like last year i worked up to 22nd in one job and was back racing on stephens day. so with none of that this is my first year in 7/8 where im not working 3/4 days between christmas and new years

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I've a bit over a month booked off over Christmas cause I had 40 something days leave at the start of our leave period (financial year).

Dunno what I'm gonna do to be honest. Have a feeling I'll be painfully bored by the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Witcher 3. That'll sort ye for most of that time off, if you've not already played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Witcher 3. That'll sort ye for most of that time off, if you've not already played it.

Hopefully Cyberpunk actually gets released, would definitely shore up some of the time + the new Assassin's Creed.

I'd say I might pick up a new hobby, but I'd only be lying to myself and everyone else.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Witcher 3 is bloody fantastic.

I have to work from home anyway, so I will just work from home from the depths of Ireland for a couple of weeks while I isolate. Without telling my work...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Was outrageously lucky today in nabbing a PS5 from Tesco of all places. Boards is superb for things like this. A poster threw up that they had them and I was lucky enough to see it quickly. Absolute carnage everywhere looking for them. Even Amazon crashed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Synode wrote: »
    Was outrageously lucky today in nabbing a PS5 from Tesco of all places. Boards is superb for things like this. A poster threw up that they had them and I was lucky enough to see it quickly. Absolute carnage everywhere looking for them. Even Amazon crashed

Lucky you. Any idea on a second batch being released?

FACECUTTR wrote: »
    Lucky you. Any idea on a second batch being released?

Wish I could open and play the thing but it's a Santa present for one of the kids. Still no word on more stock. I'd be surprised if they don't release another batch this side of Christmas. Huge demand for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Wish I could open and play the thing but it's a Santa present for one of the kids. Still no word on more stock. I'd be surprised if they don't release another batch this side of Christmas. Huge demand for them.

Ya I know a few people chasing them down. I'll probably wait till the new year to get myself one.
    Either that or I'm going to jump ship to a pc for a the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

I've not owned a console since the PS1 but wouldn't it be best to get it opened and updates applied in advance? I think I see that tip somewhere every year.

• Advertisement

FACECUTTR wrote: »
    Either that or I'm going to jump ship to a pc for a the first time.

You won't look back and regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Anyone here watching the Mandalorian?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

molloyjh wrote: »

The spin off has bettered the original...

This is the way :)

The spin off has bettered the original...

This is the way :)

Yeah, I'm really enjoying it. Love that they've built in certain things from other media, like the Krayt Dragon, and delivered on them so well. Things that could have been cheap and cheesy fan service are being done to a high standard. If they can get the Ahsoka Tano thing as right as everything else then Disney just need to just hand the Star Wars reigns over to Filoni and Favreau lock, stock & barrel. Also, Bruce Dallas Howard is proving to be a dab hand behind the camera.

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Half way through the first season, it hasn't really gripped me yet.

Yeah, I'm really enjoying it. Love that they've built in certain things from other media, like the Krayt Dragon, and delivered on them so well. Things that could have been cheap and cheesy fan service are being done to a high standard. If they can get the Ahsoka Tano thing as right as everything else then Disney just need to just hand the Star Wars reigns over to Filoni and Favreau lock, stock & barrel. Also, Bruce Dallas Howard is proving to be a dab hand behind the camera.

Bryce? :)
    The little hints and nods are fantastic.... Easter egg etc...and can't wait for the spin off...of the spin off, Boba Fett

Bryce? :)
    The little hints and nods are fantastic.... Easter egg etc...and can't wait for the spin off...of the spin off, Boba Fett

Bloody autocorrect...

awec wrote: »
    Half way through the first season, it hasn't really gripped me yet.

Yeah I wasn't sure after the first few episodes, especially given the rave reviews it had been getting. It was a bit slow or something. But the last couple of episides I thought were great and they've kicked on to a new level with season 2. Albeit one that probably appeals to Star Wars fans more than the general public with the fan service type stuff. They brought a character over from some of the animated stuff too (which I only saw bits of) and managed to keep it completely secret. Nobody knew it was coming. And stuff like that gives great pay off.

Anybody watching The Boys ?....
    I do love how some hardcore Trump supporter's are comparing him to the "hero" Homelander...I have a feeling quite a few of them havent seen it ;)

Mandalorian S2:

First episode, decent. Second episode was sh*t. Might watch more tonight, see if it improves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Anybody watching The Boys ?....
    I do love how some hardcore Trump supporter's are comparing him to the "hero" Homelander...I have a feeling quite a few of them havent seen it ;)

it is a fun show but i wish they would reduce the amount of profanity. “The Boys” implies a certain level of childhood naïveté, and that is hard to maintain with Mr Butcher referring to everyone as “See You Next Tuesdays”.

the incredibly graphic violence doesn’t help either.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,076 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

it is a fun show but i wish they would reduce the amount of profanity. “The Boys” implies a certain level of childhood naïveté, and that is hard to maintain with Mr Butcher referring to everyone as “See You Next Tuesdays”.

ermmm nah.... those parts are the parts i love about the show... and the fact its very funny. Without that it just becomes another "Titans" type show

most of the best stuff created by gareth ennis is like that. I love Preacher and Punisher as well.

Mandalorian S2:

First episode, decent. Second episode was sh*t. Might watch more tonight, see if it improves.

Episode 3 is excellent. Give it a go.

I feel like you've totally missed the point of the show (and the source material for that matter).

The whole thing is superheroes for adults, it's Garth Ennis after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

I feel like you've totally missed the point of the show (and the source material for that matter).

The whole thing is superheroes for adults, it's Garth Ennis after all.

superheroes are for children. everyone knows this. they need to clean up their act or the parental backlash will be severe. maybe introduce an educational component? have the children count the severed heads of terrorists, that sort of thing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Mandalorian S2:

Ah feck. I was going to watch episode 2 tonight. Thanks Dave! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

awec wrote: »
    It's probably less.

Not unusual for annual leave for new hires to be as little as 10 days a year in the US, even in the big tech companies with all their perks.

10 days holidays....ppffttt, I'd use them up in a week.

Realised today that I haven't worn a pair of jeans in about 8 months. Solid trouser wearer now. Never thought that day would come but hey ho.

mfceiling wrote: »

Realised today that I haven't worn a pair of jeans in about 8 months. Solid trouser wearer now. Never thought that day would come but hey ho.

Where sells good trousers these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Where sells good trousers these days?

Hilfiger for the win here!! Also rocking the Hugo Boss chinos at the weekends.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

mfceiling wrote: »

I get upset when I have to change out of my pyjama bottoms to go to the shop...

Though tbh I thought trousers was a catch all for every leg based clothing item.

Advertisement