Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 5.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Every year the other half insists on watching the toy show live and every year rte player completely ****s the bed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Bazzo wrote: »
    Every year the other half insists on watching the toy show live and every year rte player completely ****s the bed

It is hopeless.... actually beyond hopeless. Completely useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Clegg wrote: »
    Just watched the latest episode of The Mandalorian. I've not been overly impressed with this season as it felt like the show was treading water slightly. But the newest episode blew me away. Best episode of the entire series to date.

Loved it. They didn't waste any time getting into it either. The way they've brought some of the animated characters into it and are building up to something big is great. And I dont feel they've gotten any of those things wrong at all.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The toy show cures all ailments.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,001 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

awec wrote: »
    The toy show cures all ailments.

The vino while watching the toy show cures all ills

• Advertisement

Young Adam with his virtual hug.....

I'm not crying, you're crying!

Jackie and his snooker is class too.

awec wrote: »
    Jackie and his snooker is class too.

Theres so many of them. Every year. Its not a show I should like, but some of those kids.....you'd want a heart of stone not to be drawn into it.

I fully concur that rock is the best medicine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

molloyjh wrote: »
    Young Adam with his virtual hug.....

I'm not crying, you're crying!

Have had the pleasure of meeting this kid. What you saw tonight is 100% typical of him and his family.
    Delighted he got to be on tonight.
    Infectious smile is right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I really don't understand the Irish obsession with the Toy Show. I get it if you have little kids but adults watching it?? I have mates who are made to watch it every year by their other half and they have no kids. Its bizarre. I don't think I'll ever understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Say nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I really don't understand the Irish obsession with the Toy Show. I get it if you have little kids but adults watching it?? I have mates who are made to watch it every year by their other half and they have no kids. Its bizarre. I don't think I'll ever understand it.

Nostalgia

Eh... are the mods asleep?

Forum ban material.

Its a cultural thing. We all grew up with it. And then you have some of the kids on it who are hilarious. I'm not sure I could tell you much, if anything about the toys from last night. And I have a little one who would probably love most of them. I just found some of it funny and other bits heart warming.

And other bits boring too tbh, but thats part & parcel...

Alright scrooge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Very few toys on last night's show which made it odd. Think they did a good job considering, and raised a wad load of cash for good causes too. Hope they keep that bit when we're back to normal

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

If awec thinks you're scrooge, you must me one miserable f*cker, YR.

Buer wrote: »
    If awec thinks you're scrooge, you must me one miserable f*cker, YR.

Have to admit, I am a bit of a grinch. Never bothered putting up any Xmas decorations.

And shut up Buer!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Have to admit, I am a bit of a grinch. Never bothered putting up any Xmas decorations.

And shut up Buer!!

We're the same most years. Last year we had an artificial tree that had led lighting but that was it

We also tend not to watch the toy show we watched about 20 minutes last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Next thing you'll say you hate John Hayes.

N7PN72j.jpg

Stheno wrote: »
    We're the same most years. Last year we had an artificial tree that had led lighting but that was it

We also tend not to watch the toy show we watched about 20 minutes last night

The wife puts up enough decorations for 5 houses. My contribution is helping her get them out of the attic. When I was floating or living on my own, I never bothered. Just didn't see the point. I'll just concentrate on the Xmas dinner.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

The wife puts up enough decorations for 5 houses. My contribution is helping her get them out of the attic. When I was floating or living on my own, I never bothered. Just didn't see the point. I'll just concentrate on the Xmas dinner.

We do go a bit mad on the dinner if his kids are over

If not we eat out, last year we'd a lovely meal in Jerusalem on Camden St

I'm irish and I don't get it at all. It's dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

it’s just memes lads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

The Toy Show is literally the best thing on TV. It's fun, it's emotional, there are musical numbers and last night it raised five million euro for charity in three hours.

If it was using the old Gaybo format of precocious kids telling you how to use a complicated (expensive) toy and giving it marks out of ten, people would be moaning about it being one long ad for Smyths.

It's brilliant and Tubridy is tailor made for it, much better than Byrne ever was.

They completely nailed the Toy Show, got the sentiment totally right and given the last year.

And the Tubridy fcuk meme is going to get plenty of use.

Also agree on the Mandalorian - best episode of the show to date by a margin. As a big heir to the empire fan
    was great to hear Thrawn coming into it.

Also suspect we may see a younger actor cast as Luke Skywalker later this season or early next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

They completely nailed the Toy Show, got the sentiment totally right and given the last year.

And the Tubridy fcuk meme is going to get plenty of use.

Also agree on the Mandalorian - best episode of the show to date by a margin. As a big heir to the empire fan
    was great to hear Thrawn coming into it.

Also suspect we may see a younger actor cast as Luke Skywalker later this season or early next.

Not too worried about spoilers myself but if you mention Heir To The Empire people are only thinking of one character :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Not too worried about spoilers myself but if you mention Heir To The Empire people are only thinking of one character :pac:

Prince Charles?

Advertisement