Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 5.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Anybody watching The Boys ?....
    I do love how some hardcore Trump supporter's are comparing him to the "hero" Homelander...I have a feeling quite a few of them havent seen it ;)

The Boys is utterly fantastic. Homelander is brilliant and an utter psychopath. Thankfully Trump isn't actually that competent or powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I'm onto the final episode of season 1, it's absolutely great. I believe season 2 is meant to be even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Anybody watching The Boys ?....
    I do love how some hardcore Trump supporter's are comparing him to the "hero" Homelander...I have a feeling quite a few of them havent seen it ;)

The second series is where the satire really takes off. Thought the first series was good, if trying a little hard, and then the second series really hit its stride. The emotional disintegration of Homelander is genuinely fantastic.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Is The Boys on netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

awec wrote: »
    Is The Boys on netflix?

Amazon tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

awec wrote: »
    Is The Boys on netflix?

Prime exclusive

Anybody got an illegal link to Chasing the Sun? If so, do not pm it to me. That would be illegal.

errlloyd wrote: »
    Prime exclusive

I do so yearn for the days of yore when Netflix was the only subscription one had to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I do so yearn for the days of yore when Netflix was the only subscription one had to have.

I've had a prime subscription for years. Despite the fact that Amazon are the devil next day delivery on basically anything in the world you could want is pretty hard to beat.

Not sure if you get that for Ireland but with the prime video options I'd probably still keep up membership in Ireland now.

Bazzo wrote: »
    I've had a prime subscription for years. Despite the fact that Amazon are the devil next day delivery on basically anything in the world you could want is pretty hard to beat.

Not sure if you get that for Ireland but with the prime video options I'd probably still keep up membership in Ireland now.

Amazon didn't even deliver to Switzerland full stop until recently enough! but it does mean the prime subscription is bizarrely cheap here.

I'd happily pay my Prime sub for The Expanse alone, so I don't mind. Just preferred when everything was in one place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Amazon didn't even deliver to Switzerland full stop until recently enough! but it does mean the prime subscription is bizarrely cheap here.

I'd happily pay my Prime sub for The Expanse alone, so I don't mind. Just preferred when everything was in one place!

The Expanse is fantastic.

FACECUTTR wrote: »
    The Expanse is fantastic.

Thought the latest season was noticeably weaker than the previous ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Bazzo wrote: »

Usually 2 day delivery for Ireland, but a lot of stuff is starting to go one day, and they deliver on Saturday and Sunday in Dublin as well which is unbelievably handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Thought the latest season was noticeably weaker than the previous ones.

Yeah it was definitely the weakest. The book it was based on was probably the weakest of the ones I read. Isn't there a new season due very soon. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Synode wrote: »
    Yeah it was definitely the weakest. The book it was based on was probably the weakest of the ones I read. Isn't there a new season due very soon. Can't wait.

There is, out December 16th... And based on the books, Season 5 should be a return to form and general approach from the first three seasons. Without spoiling anything, it's far more Sol-system oriented. Books 5/6 are two of the best from the series. 1

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Brilliant Bloody Sunday tribute at Croke Park. I'm sure it will be available later for those who didn't see it live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

Brilliant Bloody Sunday tribute at Croke Park. I'm sure it will be available later for those who didn't see it live.

The kind of thing that would get Stephen Kenny fired?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Anyone watching Prime Time? Eir are so full of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Started watching The Boys after the comments here recently. Why did I not know about this ages ago. Its fecking great. It moves so effortlessly between the comedy and the dark satire so well. Only 4 episodes in but properly hooked.

I highly recommend The Queen's Gambit on netflix. 7 episode mini series so not a huge commitment. You don't need to know anything about chess to like it but I happened to get back into chess over the summer so I loved it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I highly recommend The Queen's Gambit on netflix. 7 episode mini series so not a huge commitment. You don't need to know anything about chess to like it but I happened to get back into chess over the summer so I loved it.

Yeah watched it a few weeks ago and enjoyed it. Haven't a rashers about chess

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

RIP Diego. Amazing player, flawed character, fascinating story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Anybody have any idea when or if there will be a delivery of Xbox series xs before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭swiwi_

dregin wrote: »
    Also QLED. As far as I know there's no comparing LED and OLED. Bought an LG CX during the week. The image is stunning.

Have taken advantage of Black Friday week to get the LG CX OLED.

But now required to update the Apple TV HD to the 4K version, and upgrade the Netflix account from HD to 4K...

Whether I change the Sonos Beam to an Arc will depend on any sales...can't buy electronics to my heart's content then offer the wife and kids gruel on christmas day!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

swiwi_ wrote: »
    can't buy electronics to my heart's content then offer the wife and kids gruel on christmas day!

Well, you can, but...

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Have taken advantage of Black Friday week to get the LG CX OLED.

But now required to update the Apple TV HD to the 4K version, and upgrade the Netflix account from HD to 4K...

Whether I change the Sonos Beam to an Arc will depend on any sales...can't buy electronics to my heart's content then offer the wife and kids gruel on christmas day!

Disney Plus and Apple TV Plus look far better on the CX than Netflix 4K (which I find to be very compressed and pretty disappointing) so make sure you get one of those

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

FACECUTTR wrote: »
    Anybody have any idea when or if there will be a delivery of Xbox series xs before Christmas.

Currys PC world have them physically in stock in Cork as of today (not available online)

Other stores may have stock too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Anyone watching Prime Time? Eir are so full of ****.

The statement about it being a mistake to pick Sligo ... Woof.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭b.gud

Do anyone know who I need to contact about ensuring I win the Euromillions tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Just watched the latest episode of The Mandalorian. I've not been overly impressed with this season as it felt like the show was treading water slightly. But the newest episode blew me away. Best episode of the entire series to date.

Advertisement