Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firestick general discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

No :-D No experience with IPTV, any recommendations?

Google gives lots of options, always take a free trial first and if it looks good then try a months worth. €10 a month will get you every channel under the sun

• Registered Users Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Nigzcurran wrote:
    Google gives lots of options, always take a free trial first and if it looks good then try a months worth. €10 a month will get you every channel under the sun

Sounds like choosing a service is a minefield, I'd be grateful for recommendations, privately of course

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Anyone have the url to side load the virgin media player using downloader on the firestick please can’t find it anywhere and I’m a celeb staring tomorrow thanx

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lujan

Random issue with my 4k firestick.
    Over the last 2 days, when I select a movie/show, the sound starts immediately, but I get the loading circle which stops at 25%, sound just works away as if the video is on though.
    Has anyone encountered this?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Lujan wrote: »
    Over the last 2 days, when I select a movie/show, the sound starts immediately, but I get the loading circle which stops at 25%, sound just works away as if the video is on though.
    Tried unplugging and plugging back in?

• Advertisement

Yeah, works ok for a while and then happens again.

Thargor wrote: »
    Tried unplugging and plugging back in?
    Actually this reminds me of a random problem my father is having with his 4k stick:

When he goes to use it sometimes it refuses to switch on, as in he can press the middle button and every other button on the controller all he wants and nothing happens, he has to unplug it and plug it back in then it works perfectly, it just wont wake up the first time, any clue what thats about? Its not the remote batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

bought a firestick 4k on amazon and its only 5gb in memory,reading online the say the are quad-core 1.7GHz CPU with 8GB of memory.anyone shed some light on this ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,830 ✭✭✭✭muffler

bassy wrote: »
    bought a firestick 4k on amazon and its only 5gb in memory,reading online the say the are quad-core 1.7GHz CPU with 8GB of memory.anyone shed some light on this ?.
    Im not into the technical side of things but I believe that the pre-installed software, apps and OS system are using 3Gb hence you only have 5Gb approx.

muffler wrote: »
    Im not into the technical side of things but I believe that the pre-installed software, apps and OS system are using 3Gb hence you only have 5Gb approx.

sure the normal non 4k has 5gb

• Advertisement

the os and apps use up 3gb hence why user is left with 5gb,my mistake lol.

the os and apps use up 3gb hence why user is left with 5gb,my mistake lol.
    Eh?

Eh?

the factory preinstalled apps etc take up 3gb in memory hence why theres only 5gb to use on downloading apps etc

the factory preinstalled apps etc take up 3gb in memory hence why theres only 5gb to use on downloading apps etc
    Why did you ask and answer your own question

Why did you ask and answer your own question

i only realised after lol

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Don't forget to thank yourself for being a helpful forumite :-D

Don't forget to thank yourself for being a helpful forumite :-D

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Anyone figure out how to get Sky Sports running on the 4k Fire TV Stick?

I have an official Sky Sports subscription with Virgin Media and have sideloaded and can login to the Sky Sports App but it says it needs Google Services to run once I select a stream, is there any way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Properly been asked before, cant seem to get Nowtv on my Firestick, use the downloader with online links, downloads fails to install.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Properly been asked before, cant seem to get Nowtv on my Firestick, use the downloader with online links, downloads fails to install.

don,t think you can get it on the stick,well you can put the apk on but it will not work.

• Advertisement

reni10 wrote: »
    Anyone figure out how to get Sky Sports running on the 4k Fire TV Stick?

I have an official Sky Sports subscription with Virgin Media and have sideloaded and can login to the Sky Sports App but it says it needs Google Services to run once I select a stream, is there any way around this?

Hi,
    I hadn't considered using virgin on the Firestick. Quick google and I had it setup in about 15mins.
    I installed "apps 2 fire" on my phone, then installed the virgin app from my phone to the firestick.

Seems to work fine, however, I find that navigating the tv guide quite tough. I end up just typing in the name of the channel. I use the "firetv" app on my phone for quicker typing on the firestick.

Hi,
    I hadn't considered using virgin on the Firestick. Quick google and I had it setup in about 15mins.
    I installed "apps 2 fire" on my phone, then installed the virgin app from my phone to the firestick.

Seems to work fine, however, I find that navigating the tv guide quite tough. I end up just typing in the name of the channel. I use the "firetv" app on my phone for quicker typing on the firestick.
    Did you get the sky sports app running on it properly or just the virgin TV anywhere app which does not have the premium sky sports channels?

Did you get the sky sports app running on it properly or just the virgin TV anywhere app which does not have the premium sky sports channels?

I just checked there, the standard channels work fine. No access via internet for movies or sports. I assumed once I got the regular channels working that it meant all channels were. I didnt realise you needed a separate app for sports.

Apparently downloading sky sports app and logging in under virgin option works. Will try side load and test it later.

I just checked there, the standard channels work fine. No access via internet for movies or sports. I assumed once I got the regular channels working that it meant all channels were.

Apparently downloading sky sports app and logging in under virgin option works. Will try side load and test it later.
    That is exactly what I said I tried earlier in the thread and it will not work as it says it required Google services....

That is exactly what I said I tried earlier in the thread and it will not work as it says it required Google services....
    Try these methods especially the cache clearing one, I occasionally have to clear cache to get my Google services back:

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/9037938?hl=en

Thargor wrote: »
    Try these methods especially the cache clearing one, I occasionally have to clear cache to get my Google services back:

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/9037938?hl=en

So you have Google services installed on your firestick?
    If so how did you install it?

So you have Google services installed on your firestick?
    If so how did you install it?
    Oh sh1t I thought I was in the Chinese Android Phones thread when I posted that, sorry!

Try this maybe?

https://firestickhacks.com/install-google-play-on-firestick/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

4k firestick on curry 45eur delivered. 43eur on amazon.

but1er wrote: »
    4k firestick on curry 45eur delivered. 43eur on amazon.

Crap from Amazon I got 4k stick 2 weeks ago from Amazon for 33 euros delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Crap from Amazon I got 4k stick 2 weeks ago from Amazon for 33 euros delivered.

£29.99 at the moment

Advertisement