Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racing Uncertainties

Options

Comments

2.25 Dundalk Vivalicious 18/1 e/w

Taking a punt this one will try, and succeed, to make all here from box 1. First time blinkers as well.

8.30 Kempton Grey D'Ars 5/1 win

7.25 Kem Island Brave 10/1 e/w

Running P & L -59.5pts

Invested today 7pts

Returns

7.25 Kempton Island Brave (e/w) done at 10/1 places at a fifth the odds returning 3pts

Today's loss 4pts

Running invested total 138 pts

Total P & L -63.5pts

Newcastle

2.20 Nicholas T 20/1 e/w
    4.50 El Hombre 11/1 e/w

Wincanton

1.40 Kentford Heiress 40/1 e/w
    2.12 Native Robin 8/1 e/w
    3.12 Getaway Fred 11/1 e/w
    3.42 Rowley Park 12/1 e/w Gates Pass 18/1 e/w

Chelmsford

4.30 Samphire Coast 20/1 e/w
    5.30 Merhoob 10/1 e/w
    6.00 Theydon Louboutin 12/1 e/w
    7.00 Dynamo Walt 8/1 e/w
    7.30 Kenstone 11/1 e/w
    8.00 Melabi 25/1 e/w

Gluck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭mayoman1973

Newcastle

2.20 Nicholas T 20/1 e/w
    4.50 El Hombre 11/1 e/w

Wincanton

1.40 Kentford Heiress 40/1 e/w
    2.12 Native Robin 8/1 e/w
    3.12 Getaway Fred 11/1 e/w
    3.42 Rowley Park 12/1 e/w Gates Pass 18/1 e/w

Chelmsford

4.30 Samphire Coast 20/1 e/w
    5.30 Merhoob 10/1 e/w
    6.00 Theydon Louboutin 12/1 e/w
    7.00 Dynamo Walt 8/1 e/w
    7.30 Kenstone 11/1 e/w
    8.00 Melabi 25/1 e/w

Gluck :)
    Good calls on Nicholas T and Native Robin sir. And the day aint over yet !! Kentford didnt have the legs to hold on for a place for what was a nice SP of 67.0 :)

Good calls on Nicholas T and Native Robin sir. And the day aint over yet !! Kentford didnt have the legs to hold on for a place for what was a nice SP of 67.0 :)

Thanks mayoman. Some days you're the pigeon - Well; whatever about 'pigeons' , I'm not the 'statue' today so far :p

I see Kerrera is well punted in the 7.30. Just an observation - didn't do her. Mare is at the basement mark of 45. J Quinn takes over from Sophie Ralston, who has ridden almost all of the horse's races since the stable change. Wouldn't be for me, and I think the money is in the hope that Jimmy can finish a few lengths closer tonight (in fairness 'distance wise' kerrera hasn't been beaten all that far in most of her nine most recent outings, since she last won over a shorter distance; with Ms Ralston on top). Wouldn't be a backer, or a layer. Not putting anyone off; I just think punters have latched onto the 'Jimmy factor' .

In other news thread ok today.

^^^^^^
    Re my previous post.

Came third Kerrera - just nabbed my selection on line for that position :o

Was confident Kenstone just held on. Hope nobody was put off the third :(

At last.. A winning day to reduce deficit :)

*Glitch on account :confused: Can't do P & L update:(

The one day I turn a ruddy profit :o

*Can't check re places/ rule fours etc :mad:

Might try pick some for Sat hopefully

• Advertisement

From yesterday 19 Nov

Running P & L -63.5pts

Invested 26pts. El Hombre 4.50 Wol NR @ 2pts. Samphire Coast 4.30 Chelmsford NR @ 2pts. 22pts at stake.

Returns

Nicholas T 2.20 Newcastle done at 20/1 each way wins with a quarter the odds returns 27pts
    *Kentford Heiress 1.40 Wincanton finishes 4th at 66/1 (done each way) at a fifth the odds returns 14.2 pts.
    Native Robin 2.12 Wincanton wins at 17/2 (done each way) with a fifth the odds returns 12.2pts
    Gates Pass 3.42 Wincanton done at 18/1 (done each way) places at a fifth the odds returns 4.6pts.
    Merhoob 5.30 Chelmsford places at 10/1 (done each way) places at a fifth the odds returns 3pts.

No rule 4s
    * J Mullins charge was paid out by the book where bet was done, as 4plcs a fifth was on offer.

Not up for argument, and no proof will be offered either. Believe or not. Works only one way for me - The Truth - and if the boot was on a different shoe, and a third placer finished at a quarter the odds a 3 place handicap but a fifth was what was done 4plcs; then that would be reflected in the stats.

Any genuine mistakes will be amended.

Total at play 22pts - returns 61pts

Yesterday's profit 39pts

Running invested total: 125pts

Total P & L -24.5pts

6.30 Dundalk Bellick 12/1 win

Nice price. Should be there or thereabouts, if the 10lb claiming jockey Cillian McConnell can get a tune out of him. Trained by John; who's presumably his father, or uncle; one would imagine that he'll be at least trying today.

Spotted this one on another thread :p a few mins ago, and looks a good punting proposition. Nothing in "my rules" says I cannae do that :pac:

Gluck if any followers :)

Have picked out a few for tomorrow aft.

Mainly concentrating on racing at Wolves evenin meet. Have quite a few picked out, and will give reasons for backing; however brief or trite those reasons may be.

Hope to put them up later, even if I'm the only one interested :pac:

Hello all Saturday posters, punters, and lurkers alike.

Have had a good look at Wolverhampton tomorrow evening, with a fair few picks.

But first - I only had a cursory glance at these 3 races, and some biggish priced fancies/ hopefuls I picked out.

2.20 Lingfield Verne Castle 9/1 e/w
    Not a lot of horses in this, so not much looking required. This fellow will do here, albeit after over an eight month absence. A multiple distance winner at this grade or higher; if he's on song he should not be far away.

1.50 Haydock Fix Sun 16/1 e/w
    Only looked at a couple in this, and the selection will do. Trained by the legendary Nicky Henderson, has good form on soft ground, lightly raced, and a big price. Can't ask for much more than that with about 10 mins study :D

2.25 Kalashnikov 22/1 e/w
    One of my fav horses. Has promised a lot more than what he's delivered. Mainly a chaser, he takes his chance in a 3 miles hurdes' race. Topweight in a Handicap, and a big price - why not?

Now to Wolverhampton....
    Have had an in-depth look at this meet, with a few selections in most of the races. If anyone wants a few to back win, or each way for 50c, or a Euro of a miserable Saturday eve; I hope if you're following that most can give us a run for our money :):)

4.30 AMOR FATI 8/1 e/w
    Won easily the last time he tackled C & D which was last month.
    RECUERDAME 6/1 e/w
    Another recent C & D winner - top jock Luke Morris on top.
    LAKE SAND 18/1 e/w
    Taking a 'punt' on this one - not a lot of form to go on.

*Also in this race, and not counted for stats, nor indeed am I doing it myself, but some might like to oppose the short-priced (2/1 currently best available) fav BEAU GESTE for 3 places, at the likely short odds. I'm not liking him.

5.00 RECTORY ROAD 14/1 e/w
    Down in grade - R. Kingscote on top. Could be a player.
    ZEYZOUN 66/1 e/w
    Going on a 'hunch' - taking a punt on Alex Dunn's horse here - does have some form from last year, which would not make him a complete no-hoper.
    HARLOW 2/1 e/w
    Shorter than I thought he'd be. Will change that e/w to a win only

5.30 Anything could win this. Athmad and Convertible have lto winning form.
    Anyway, my selections are:
    ATHMAD 10/3 WIN
    Won the last twice over C & D - nuff said.
    CITYZEN SERG 7/2 e/w
    Topweight in a handicap - should go close.
    ZAFARANAH 16 e/w
    One at a big price that's not out of it.

7.00 WURLITZER 7/1 e/w
    Only his third run - can build on first two.
    BOMB SQUAD 16/1 e/w
    Probably place only possibilities. Anything better be a bonus.
    GLESGA GIRL 9/2 e/w
    Could be the classiest in the field, Hugo's filly. 1st time blinkers.

7.30 DANIELSFLYER 22/1 e/w
    Bit of a punt, but at the price a case can be made for him.
    CLINICIAN 3/1 e/w
    A bit short for each way perhaps; but not too short, this Cheveley Park filly could be the best horse in the race.
    DE VEGAS KID 14/1 e/w
    Acquitted himself well the couple of times he ran over C & D.

8.00 NIBLAWI 10/3 e/w
    Not beaten far in a 4 horse race here in September.
    BATTLE OF MARATHON 9/1 e/w
    Has a chance in this grade over the course and distance.
    MANJAAM 11/1 e/w
    Think with the low weight and the jockey's claim, this gelding might go from the front, and try to make all.

Also, just to note; I think the fav Amtiyaz has enough to prove. And while Glan Y Gors was a C & D winner in March, in a very fast time; I'm calling that a 'fluke' - a massive price though, but three picks is enough methinks.

Lastly
    8.30 GLASVEGAS 12/1 e/w
    Cos I saw him run last time, and I don't think the jockey was too hard on him.
    LILKIAN 7/2 e/w
    Twice a course winner over 6 and 7.
    INEVITABLE OUTCOME 10/1 e/w
    1st time cheekpieces, and trained by the shrewd D Loughnane.

A lot of selections, and I hope I turn a profit. Far too many for anything other than small win or each way bets for anyone considering backing. Just mainly for an interest, and to continue my 'experiment'. I'm backing almost all of them each way, and just a few win only.

Good luck to anyone following, and I hope we get a few shouts in tomorrow

That is all for now :)

From yesterday, with 1 losing selection

Running P & L -24.5pts

Invested (for) yesterday 1pt

Yesterday's loss 1pt

Running invested total: 126pts

Total P & L -25.5pts

No joy at the early meets unfortunately, but doing okay so far at Dunstall Park; with a few races to go :)

A profit today :)

Will tot up P & L later.

Sunday 22/11/2020

Had a quick look, and here are tomorrow's darts. All each way, and a couple at massive prices. Only small stakes recommended. Just to keep the experiment going - the 'can I make a profit to level stakes' one, that is. All to a single point for a win, and 2 for each way. These will give me a bit of an interest, and the two at massive prices are in 4plcs a fifth races. One of them hits the crossbar, and it covers the thread outlay.

I vary stakes myself, but that's nowt to do with the purpose of the thread.

On the offchance I really fancy 1; will give it a mention.

Exeter

1.33 Broadclyst 9/1
    3.18 Comeragh Lad 50/1
    3.53 Berboru 40/1

Uttoxeter

12.48 Scartare 8/1
    2.28 Sirobbie 6/1

Gluck all :)

Sunday 22/11/2020

Had a quick look, and here are tomorrow's darts. All each way, and a couple at massive prices. Only small stakes recommended. Just to keep the experiment going - the 'can I make a profit to level stakes' one, that is. All to a single point for a win, and 2 for each way. These will give me a bit of an interest, and the two at massive prices are in 4plcs a fifth races. One of them hits the crossbar, and it covers the thread outlay.

I vary stakes myself, but that's nowt to do with the purpose of the thread.

On the offchance I really fancy 1; will give it a mention.

Exeter

1.33 Broadclyst 9/1
    3.18 Comeragh Lad 40/1
    3.53 Berboru 50/1

Uttoxeter

12.48 Scartare 8/1
    2.28 Sirobbie 6/1

Gluck all :)

Got those two in bold the wrong way round, so reposting for authenticity...

Up to and including 20th Nov

Before start of day: Running P & L -25.5pts

Invested 46pts

Returns

Lake Sand 4.30 Wolves done at 18/1 e/w a fifth places returning 4.6pts
    Rectory Road 5.00 Wol done at 14/1 e/w a fifth places returning 3.8pts
    Harlow 5.00 also done win at 2/1 wins @ 5/1 returning 6pts
    Cityzen Serg 5.30 Wolves done each way a fifth the odds at 7/2 wins returning 6.2pts
    Wurlitzer 7.00 Wolves done at 7/1 each way a fifth the odds places returning 2.4pts
    Glesga Gal also done at 9/2 each way wins at 11/2 at a fifth the odds each way returns 8.6pts
    Niblawi 8.00 Wolves done at 10/3 each way places at 10/1 with a fifth the odds each way returning 3pts
    Manjaam also done at 11/1 each way places at 12/1 with a fifth the odds a place returning 3.4pts
    Glasvegas 8.30 Wolves done at 12/1 each way places at 14/1 with a fifth the odds a place returning 3.8pts

Total at play 46pts - returns 41.8pts. Had anticipated a profit before I totted up - miscalculated :(

Yesterday's loss 4.2pts

Running invested total: 172pts

Total P & L -29.7pts

• Advertisement

Got a 'run for our money' with Scartare in the 12.48; but that's all :( Looked favourite jumping the 2nd last; but shortly after jumping the last was odds on to be outside the top 3, and ends up 4th. Hopefully luck will improve :)

And Broadclyst comes 3rd in the 1.33. Was up with the pace throughout; and given his lack of fluency over a few of the obstacles he never looked the likely winner at any stage. Small profit on e/w there.

Another selection

2.20 Navan BRAHMA BULL 8/1 win :D - cos only 4; it's the only option of the two regardless :pac:

Gotta oppose the 1/6 jolly Minella Indo (1/6 'shortest' price, 2/9 best available currently) here. Only 4 go to post, and the thinking here is twofold - 1/6 yokes are "always" worth taking on; and, from looking at the form, both the fav and the selection like to frontrun, so the 1/6 might look vulnerable if he's pressurised.

Based on that, and not counted for stats, if anyone has the option to bet jolly Not To Win that would be worth a few shillings imo also.

Maybe a combo forecast w/o Minella Indo closer to the off depending on his price come 2.20 ish.. Gluck:)

2.55 Navan Lord Erskine 14/1 e/w

Drifted out to a nice price. Soft ground and the distance - 22fs should suit.

3.45 Cork Fauguernon 5/1 win

2nd run in a chase. Has a chance if can build on his Fairyhouse outing. First time tonguestrap also.

Another selection

2.20 Navan BRAHMA BULL 8/1 win :D - cos only 4; it's the only option of the two regardless :pac:

Gotta oppose the 1/6 jolly Minella Indo (1/6 'shortest' price, 2/9 best available currently) here. Only 4 go to post, and the thinking here is twofold - 1/6 yokes are "always" worth taking on; and, from looking at the form, both the fav and the selection like to frontrun, so the 1/6 might look vulnerable if he's pressurised.

Based on that, and not counted for stats, if anyone has the option to bet jolly Not To Win that would be worth a few shillings imo also.

Maybe a combo forecast w/o Minella Indo closer to the off depending on his price come 2.20 ish.. Gluck:)

:D Jolly far too good :( Worth a try tho.

Sirobbie comes placed in the 2.28 - will take that. Was off the bridle a lot of the way.

3.03 Utt Lac Sacre 16/1 win

2nd last year. Big price. Will do for me.

2.55 Navan Lord Erskine 14/1 e/w

Drifted out to a nice price. Soft ground and the distance - 22fs should suit.

:D:D BOOOM!1

$ When the moon hits your eyes , it's a big bigga surprise, that's Black-A-Moray $

Gwan ya Dancer ! Top Jock Rachel :)

• Advertisement

Sunday 22/11/2020

3.18 Comeragh Lad 50/1

:D Half a BOOOM!! Lands 4th place at 4plcs a fifth :)

The 50/1 was incorrect - 40s was taken. I amended it when I 'requoted' OP.

Happy days so far :p

Advertisement