Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 doel

kilkenny34 wrote: »
    Just dont think Keoghan is up to the required level at inter county.What is Deegans injury?

Keoghan seemed to be showing good form with the club and it'll be interesting to see the line up of our forwards. Don't think TJ will be left inside too long.
    Unfortunately I'm predicting a Galway win but I hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭booterboy

Could be annihilated at Midfield with Browne and Leahy,two of them wouldn't tackle a bag of chips,completely harmless.
    Think a 6 to 8 point loss is on the way.
    Hope Im wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Grats

booterboy wrote: »
    Could be annihilated at Midfield with Browne and Leahy,two of them wouldn't tackle a bag of chips,completely harmless.
    Hope Im wrong.

Who would you have in midfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kkclubhurling

Hope Im wrong.

Browne is in the top 5 athletes on the panel if not even the top 3, his game is literally built on being strong and fast, not exactly harmless

Richie more of a flair player but has the legs and skill to get hooks and blocks if he applies himself.

Grats wrote: »
    Who would you have in midfield?

Buckley and Fogarty if Paddy wasn't out.
    Slim pickings all over the Squad.
    Know Browne is a big unit but needs to show his physicality.Leahy drifts in and out of games.
    Hopefully will prove me wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Grats

Buckley and Fogarty if Paddy wasn't out.
    Slim pickings all over the Squad.
    Know Browne is a big unit but needs to show his physicality.Leahy drifts in and out of games.
    Hopefully will prove me wrong.

Yes, hopefully you're wrong.

As you're taking two out of the half back line I could ask you who'd replace them, but as you say, slim pickings.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Swamp_Cat

Hope Im wrong.

Hope I'm wrong but don't like the look of this team other than the full forward line which is obviously potentially deadly, ...if that's where they play ...if we get ball in to them effectively. Galway is not Dublin. Surprised Joey's missing out again. we'll see soon enough.

Julie catch a rabbit by its hare...

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭The_Ghost

Not too confident about the game tomorrow myself after seeing the teams but I wouldn’t totally write us off. I’m confident we can put up a good score but not sure we’ll be able to hold them out. Conor whelan is a top top player I hope he’s out the pitch like he was against Wexford but I think that was down to Wexford’s system. If it’s him and concannon inside we could be under pressure.

On the team selection I’m abit disappointed Richie Reid is dropped. Not overally sure Martin keoghan is the one either but he has had some very good games and he’s young so hopefully he goes well. Time for Lawor Delaney Leahy to stand up and be counted and if that happens and tj Colin and padraig plays well we’ll have a chance. Had very good chances to win the last 2 Leinster and didn’t so hopefully we change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Good luck to the seniors today.I like the pairing of browne and leahy and overall happy with the team.woukd have liked to see blanch at 11 as he should be really making his mark and leading at this stage.ger and richie on the bench with joey and pail murohy give us a good strong expiernced bench.see us winning by 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Swamp_Cat

dubcat51 wrote: »
    Good luck to the seniors today.I like the pairing of browne and leahy and overall happy with the team.woukd have liked to see blanch at 11 as he should be really making his mark and leading at this stage.ger and richie on the bench with joey and pail murohy give us a good strong expiernced bench.see us winning by 4.

I really like Liam & there's no doubt he's got talent and is an ox of a man but he's been around long enough to have cemented a place on a team not exactly littered with stars. So I'm just not sure he's ever gonna be there. Again, really hope I'm wrong. Both for KK hurling and for himself.

Julie catch a rabbit by its hare...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Galway have done most of the hurling so far but yet it's a draw.

Very hard to assess how we are doing when our forwards are being fouled so much. Good to see that we are not just launching the ball long... but in saying that Lawlor running straight up the field after the short puck-out was just kamikaze stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭kksaints

Need to move TJ out to the half forward line. Tight match, Galway look sharper but there's only a point in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Kkman00

Galway have done most of the hurling so far but yet it's a draw.

Very hard to assess how we are doing when our forwards are being fouled so much. Good to see that we are not just launching the ball long... but in saying that Lawlor running straight up the field after the short puck-out was just kamikaze stuff.

Pretty sure it’s tommy Walsh you’re referring to there?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭sportsmaddad

Very promising 1st half. The young lads showing the way in the forwards. And TJ pretty quiet so far.
    Hard to know how much of a factor the wind is.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 catseye2

Need to bring tj out to centreforward. See if colin or wally can get more joy. Backs improving in last 10 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭dzer2

All those fouls.and no yellow card to stop them

We've gotten better as the half went on.

Eoin Cody, Keoghan and Donnelly are getting on a lot of ball and are working their socks off. TJ, Colin Fennelly, and Walter are not in the game at all.

We need to get Richie Leahy on the ball as much as possible.

Kkman00 wrote: »
    Pretty sure it’s tommy Walsh you’re referring to there?

Sorry it might have been Walsh. Either way it was crazy to do it. Run the ball out when you're out on the wing but not when you are in the full-back position.

Need to take Wally out asap,one possession in 37mins and hit it 5 yards wide.

We are on the ropes here

• Advertisement

GAME ON GER

What a chance for Richie! We can still win this

• Registered Users Posts: 36 castlecat

Ó ye of little faith, cody genius

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

castlecat wrote: »
    Ó ye of little faith, cody genius

So true. A lot of bull****ters on this thread at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Garyp88

Fantastic result rode our luck at times but who cares Richie could have had another goal so should have mossy great win came back so well after the dublin match

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

****ing hell unreal. Richie bloody Hogan

Never as happy to have my earlier posts shoved down my throat. Thought we were En route to a trimming before the goals and again when they went two ahead.

Unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

mighty win great stuff , huge win

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭paulie gaultieri

Hogan's goal...I still have a semi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

My heart is absolutely pounding after that

• Advertisement

Conor Browne was immense,apologise for by earlier post.
    Great Heart from the Boys.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement