Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Smoking should be banned in Pubs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

All for it and I'm a smoker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Would it be a good idea to get a smoker, non-smoker and ex-smoker on each team? (Might be hard to get an ex-smoker to be for it though!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

In favour of the ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,891 ✭✭✭✭Stark

In favour of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

Do NOT, repeat do NOT start debating the topic, this is only for garnering who is interested in the debate and on which side.

pyramid man .....your calling him stupid ?

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

In favour.

Originally posted by pyramid man
    narrow minded
    Theres nothing narrow minded about law makers choosing to promote peoples health in the law they propose over and above peoples "rights" to blow a cacinogen in peoples faces.

I'm For the Ban obviously.

mm

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭valen

<massive snip>
    Guys, can I debate ? (evidently... - DeV>

John

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

*cough*

"Do NOT, repeat do NOT start debating the topic"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭valen

I wasn't debating the topic, so much as troll baiting. And surely that's what boards in general is about ?

John

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

I'm an ex-Smoker and 100% for the ban. It's about bloody time to be honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

All For the Ban

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

neutral / undecided

i have reasons for why i would be with/against both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

In Favour

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

You remember that bit where Dev said not to debate it in this thread? You do? Strange...

Anyway, I'm a smoker and while I don't really mind either way, I love a good argument so I'll put my name down against the proposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

against.

Not willing to debate.

Willing to fill an audience spot with rotten fruit though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Nothing better then the roasted smell of smoke on ya fingers after a good night out.

I'm against smoking been banned.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

In favour (non-smoker)
    lived in a pub for 20 years of my life...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

in favour . - ill just have a look and see how it goes

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thread sanitised. No apologies to anyone who feels hard done by that their essays were deleted without trace. Tough sh*t.

John, Boards is NOT about trolling or baiting. Its not big and its not clever and people will think you are 13. ....

Still need a couple more of "againsts" who are willing to argue (Dustaz you f*ckin' GURL!)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Vehemently in favour of the ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

As Stated before Against and I am WILLING to ARGUE:horned:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Excellent. I think we are almost there....

I'll appoint Captains soon and they will pick lieutenants and we'll commence things!

I still have to find a decent independant third judge but I'll do that during the week probably!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Will the smoking team be allowed take periodic breaks during the debate to hang around outside, looking furtive & cold, struggling to light their cancer sticks in the Force 8 gales?

Yeah, we'll give them 5 Min breaks every hour.... but they MUST smoke while typing their replies :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I'd like to withdraw my name from consideration for this debate.

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

I hereby withdraw my name as a possible participant, in the proposed "Smoking should be banned in Pubs " debate.

P.:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Number6

In Favour, I dont want to be on the debating team

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Nero

In favour

Advertisement