Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Munstermunch

Nothing yet, Pointless trying to contact An Post they said they haven’t received it yet!! So frustrating 🙄I’m praying it’s just delayed as per recent An Post article attached but how long realistically would it need to be delayed for me to get worried? Any advice

If yours turns up any time soon please let me know I’m at my wits end worrying over it 😑

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LfcIreland

If yours turns up any time soon please let me know I’m at my wits end worrying over it 😑

Ive seen that article too and now your post is re assureing because its similar to mine with dates etc

If it moves I wiil get back to you and please do the same

Im thinking its just sitting at customs waiting to be cleared and then an post update the system. Its what ive gather from my online searches

Hopefully will come soon

LfcIreland wrote: »
    Ive seen that article too and now your post is re assureing because its similar to mine with dates etc

If it moves I wiil get back to you and please do the same

Im thinking its just sitting at customs waiting to be cleared and then an post update the system. Its what ive gather from my online searches

Hopefully will come soon

🀞ðŸ»Praying to St. Anthony 😂😂

I received my package, but there was no update on tracking. It just turned up.

How long where you waiting did in the end until it turned up if you don’t mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mufc2803

Mufc2803 wrote: »
    Good to know I will leave it a few days before ordering again so. Thanks for your help

Finally!! Its in dublin sorting centre so now it's the wait to see how long it stays in dublin 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 JamboTyson

Mufc2803 wrote: »
    Finally!! Its in dublin sorting centre so now it's the wait to see how long it stays in dublin 😂

Same here, order that was shipped from amazon on Oct 31st just got a scan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

JamboTyson wrote: »
    Same here, order that was shipped from amazon on Oct 31st just got a scan

imo if its finally got scanned then its shouldn't be long. The problem seems to be the stuff thats sitting there unscanned.

Edit - cancel that I've just notice that one item that was supposed to be delivered today (Thursday) arrived was scanned in Dublin by An Post early in the morning of Tuesday. Still stuck in Dublin.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,248 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Woohoo - my parcel from the 30th has been scanned in - at least I can expect it now in the next day or so

fritzelly wrote: »
    Woohoo - my parcel from the 30th has been scanned in - at least I can expect it now in the next day or so

Just watching RTE News, An Post warn of delays due to high no. of Parcels from uptake in online shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

An Post unprepared for expected massive surge in online shopping. I, for one, am shocked.

• Advertisement

imo if its finally got scanned then its shouldn't be long. The problem seems to be the stuff thats sitting there unscanned.

Edit - cancel that I've just notice that one item that was supposed to be delivered today (Thursday) arrived was scanned in Dublin by An Post early in the morning of Tuesday. Still stuck in Dublin.

Just got a text saying it'll be delivered within 3 days so I guess we'll see if that happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Deub

JamboTyson wrote: »
    Just got a text saying it'll be delivered within 3 days so I guess we'll see if that happens!

A friend got this text but then....nothing It was scanned in Dublin on the 6th and that’s it

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Mine still hasn’t had any new scan since it left Merseyside on November 1st ! But seeing others get scanned is giving me hope !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

am expecting another parcel, has been sitting in Drogheda in the last few days. Will probably be out for delivery tomorrow, but I won't be home, anyone know if you can change the delivery date?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,248 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Can anyone who normally gets post from the D12 hub confirm if they are delivering the next day or if there is still a delay?
    Usually if it hits there its out for delivery next day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

An Post unprepared for expected massive surge in online shopping. I, for one, am shocked.

Not Entirely .

Xmas hours are starting next Monday which is over 2 weeks earlier than it has ever started before .

Unfortunately Lockdown caused a spike even earlier than expected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

ED E wrote: »
    Saturday for parcels has been a thing for ages. If they were serious they'd be doing Sundays.

I think you need to re-read the post you replied to :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Mine has just been scanned in at the Dublin depot FINALLY !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Got email yesterday -

New additional automated facility opening today. (Fri)

Delays dramatically reduced in the past week with substantial numbers now being delivered within two days.

Backlog from 27th Oct to 4th Nov to be cleared by today.

As for the person saying they should be working Sunday, they've been on a 7 day delivery since mid October and bank holiday too. Parkwest is operating 24/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Mines getting delivered today after being stuck in limbo for 2 weeks, refund was issued from Amazon a few days ago

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Darc19 wrote: »

Backlog from 27th Oct to 4th Nov to be cleared by today.

That's not the case in my case. It better not be lost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Parcel with two books from Amazon scanned today. It was presumed lost and refunded on Nov 4th.

Deub wrote: »
    A friend got this text but then....nothing It was scanned in Dublin on the 6th and that’s it

Tracking now says out for delivery today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Cazale wrote:
    Parcel with two books from Amazon scanned today. It was presumed lost and refunded on Nov 4th.

Got another message now saying they are out for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JamieTra2017

Bought some Costume jewelry on line form USA sender sent it via Priority Mail express International Insurance included. on 5/11/20
    the priority Mail express International stated 3-5 days! Am I being totally naïve expecting it would come in this time frame?
    at first I got regular updates from my USPS tracking no. but nothing has updated since Sunday last 8/11/20.
    I am really worried now, Its not showing on An Post tracking it was not a large parcel it was a padded envelope .
    Would you say it will come and the likelihood is that it is just delayed? Most people on here seem to have received theirs eventually

Last entry from USPS was:
    November 8, 2020, 8:37 am
    Departed
    DUBLIN, IRELAND
    Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on November 8, 2020 at 8:37 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

November 7, 2020, 7:43 pm
    Departed
    NEWARK, UNITED STATES

November 7, 2020, 10:28 am
    Departed
    MIAMI, UNITED STATES
    November 7, 2020, 2:07 am
    Arrived
    MIAMI, UNITED STATES
    November 6, 2020, 5:36 pm
    Processed Through Regional Facility
    MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    November 6, 2020, 5:35 pm
    Arrived at Regional Facility
    November 6, 2020, 9:53 am
    Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
    November 5, 2020, 9:51 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
    ATLANTA-PEACHTREE GA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    November 5, 2020, 4:30 pm
    Departed Post Office
    MC CAYSVILLE, GA 30555
    November 5, 2020, 1:48 pm
    USPS in possession of item
    MC CAYSVILLE, GA 30555

Hi by any chance did your tracking update ? Im expecting a similar package to yours and mine was scanned 10 minutes ahead of yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Anyone else noticing the an post status not filtering through to amazon as promptly. Having to go into an post tracking to do an update to see if out for delivery. It could be an hour or so later before it updates.

Item ordered on the 5th was due 2 days ago arrived in dublin yesterday. Still up there, normally would be down this end of the county and delivered this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

spookwoman wrote: »
    Anyone else noticing the an post status not filtering through to amazon as promptly. Having to go into an post tracking to do an update to see if out for delivery. It could be an hour or so later before it updates.

Item ordered on the 5th was due 2 days ago arrived in dublin yesterday. Still up there, normally would be down this end of the county and delivered this morning.

Thats been going on since late March for me. Its not regular but the odd time I'll check in the mooring long after the postman will have scanned an item and its shown still in Dublin (not as us should show as out for delivery) but come lunchtime he's there at the gate with it.

Edit - Even the delivery update is hours out. 6 hours after delivery it still says out for delivery never seen that before.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jlayay

Is the AnPost Dublin hub really backed up? Sold off a couple of items to Cex and mailed them off to Dublin from Cork on Tuesday still in Portloaise

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

Jlayay wrote: »
    Is the AnPost Dublin hub really backed up? Sold off a couple of items to Cex and mailed them off to Dublin from Cork on Tuesday still in Portloaise

I'd say all of their hubs are experiencing backlogs. Its a shame they closed the sorting center in Little Island in Cork, now all items are going via Portlaoise or Athlone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Jlayay wrote: »

Woman in front of me at the P0 on Thursday was posting off an item asked how long it would take (somewhere in ireland) and was told 4 days even with express. That was Thursday morning so god knows what it is now.

Advertisement