Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭brookville

Billy ryan injured himself in training recently.Hopefully he will be back.Need to shake up mid field anyway. Probably be 3 or 4 changes from the last day

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Is Mullen far away .i know its a leinster final but it is kinda a free shot at getting to a simifinal.could try him for half

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Eugene Cloonan new manager of Ballycallan!!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kilkenny34

Eugene Cloonan new manager of Ballycallan!!

Surprised at that.Where does Cloonan live?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Is Mullen far away .i know its a leinster final but it is kinda a free shot at getting to a simifinal.could try him for half

Since the injury was torn cruciate ligaments, I really hope they don't take any chances. It's not worth the risk of doing further damage

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Swamp_Cat

Comerman wrote: »
    I like the look of that team but can I ask an honest question? Was Wallace that poor to be dropped? Other "team picks" before didn't include him either. Also I'd pick Fogarty any day ahead of Wally in midfield (despite some opinions of him)

Absolutely on Fogarty. Until I see different I think he needs to be on the field. Few work harder than he does & he's more consistent than Wally. As interesting as seeing Wally in midfield is. I thought Wallace was solid enough given his experience, but haven't seen enough of the young guys like him, T. Walsh, & others outside of club hurling. that's where this shortened year really hurt teams, leaving them no real chance to bring new & younger players up to IC Championship levels. Going from league to championship is a big step up. Lots of these guys are essentially going from club to championship, maybe a few league games under their belt. We'll see & I for one can't wait.
    Time to step up & win back Leinster +

Julie catch a rabbit by its hare...

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭briancoolcat

Grats wrote: »
    Kilkenny team for Leinster Final

Murphy
    T Walsh Lawlor Holden
    P Walsh Delaney. Buckley
    Browne. Fogarty
    Leahy TJ Donnelly
    Fennelly. Walter Cody

I like the look of that team but it won't start like that. Too many changes for Cody's liking. Billy ryan won't be playing he is out with a quad injury from what I'm told. How is Ger Alyward going does anyone know. He can be a bit headless but I like that he is a nuisance and he has no fear of the tough stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,312 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Bennetsbridge still looking for a manager, after Bennett was appointed , but then pulled out due to work pressures ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 10,312 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

6.15 throw in on Saturday - live on RTE

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Grats

greenspurs wrote: »
    Bennetsbridge still looking for a manager, after Bennett was appointed , but then pulled out due to work pressures ?

Who's Bennett?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Heard Paddy Deegan will be out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭therealdonster

What's up with Paddy Deegan?

Heard deegan came in to close contact with a covid case.He will be a loss.Team will probably be released tomor.The talk is joey and browne could come into the team but with deegan now gone we will have to re shuffle things.Buckley might go to six with delaney on the wing.

Kilkenny team for Leinster Final

Murphy
    T Walsh Lawlor Holden
    P Walsh Delaney. Buckley
    Browne. Fogarty
    Leahy TJ Donnelly
    Fennelly. Walter Cody

Might be the team yet!

Might be the team yet!

There is talk of leahy starting aswell so that could be close.
    I do think it's time for delaney to really cement his place on this team.I do see him as our long term number 6.Leahy burst onto the scene below in thurles in 17 against limerick he needs to start nailing down his place aswell.

brookville wrote: »
    There is talk of leahy starting aswell so that could be close.
    I do think it's time for delaney to really cement his place on this team.I do see him as our long term number 6.Leahy burst onto the scene below in thurles in 17 against limerick he needs to start nailing down his place aswell.

Totally agree regarding Delaney and Leahy. It's up to Delaney to keep Deegan out of number 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

Would have thought a couple of years ago Delany would have been our permanent full back.

Fred Daly wrote: »
    Would have thought a couple of years ago Delany would have been our permanent full back.

Watched him up along and I thought the same.He played 3 years u21 I know we struggled at that level.Cody wanted someone he could trust after the 16 final so Padraig was given the job.It looked like last year he was being set up for the position and played in a few games and done ok.He was very good in thurles against tipp but got injured for comer and lawlor by kinda accident slipped in and to be fair to him for his first year he done well.He was marking the oppositions best foward nearly every day.Hopefully he would of learned alot after last year.Huge test coming Saturday with Conor whelan.I love watching this lad he is strong as a bull.
    We will need to have our match ups right.We are going in under the radar which suited us last year against limerick and cork.I wonder will he throw tj in around full foward again?Galway had their homework done the last day.They will try curtail tj but he is just so good he will cause teams trouble.We need to try get more out of the other fowards.Hopefully we can play more of the good hurling we played in the first half the last day.Billy ryan looks very doubtful and leahy is touted to come in.Eoin cody out on the half foward line didnt work.i would of thought he is better suited nearer the goal and has a good understanding with colin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭blackcard

Martin Keoghan may be in the running to start based on coming on as a substitute the last day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭droppingball

Kil v Gal. E Murphy C Delaney H Lawlor T Walsh C Buckley P Walsh C Fogarty R Leahy C Browne J Donnelly M Keoghan W Walsh TJ Reid E Cody C Fennelly

Subs D Brennan P Murphy J Holden C Wallace D Mullen A Murphy R Reid R Hogan G Aylward L Blanchfield N Brassil

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭robwen

Kil v Gal. E Murphy C Delaney H Lawlor T Walsh C Buckley P Walsh C Fogarty R Leahy C Browne J Donnelly M Keoghan W Walsh TJ Reid E Cody C Fennelly

Subs D Brennan P Murphy J Holden C Wallace D Mullen A Murphy R Reid R Hogan G Aylward L Blanchfield N Brassil

Lot of changes is it 4 new starters from last day & lot of positional changes if they line out as named, whole new half back & midfield, Shamrocks full forward line looks like it could have goals in it if they can get good ball into them

robwen wrote: »
    Lot of changes is it 4 new starters from last day & lot of positional changes if they line out as named, whole new half back & midfield, Shamrocks full forward line looks like it could have goals in it if they can get good ball into them

Two forced changes, Billy Ryan and P Deegan not available, and two dropped, R Reid and C Wallace. D Mullen and N Brassil make the subs bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Side-by-side comparison. Wallace, Deegan, Richie Reid, & Ryan out; Walsh, Leahy, Browne, & Keoghan in. Along with a whole host of positional changes

v Dublin | | v Galway
    E Murphy | 1 | E Murphy
    C Delaney | 2 | C Delaney
    H Lawlor | 3 | H Lawlor
    C Wallace | 4 | T Walsh
    P Walsh | 5 | C Buckley
    P Deegan | 6 | P Walsh
    R Reid | 7 | C Fogarty
    C Buckley | 8 | R Leahy
    C Fogarty | 9 | C Browne
    J Donnelly | 10 | J Donnelly
    TJ Reid | 11 | M Keoghan
    W Walsh | 12 | W Walsh
    B Ryan | 13 | TJ Reid
    C Fennelly | 14 | E Cody
    E Cody | 15 | C Fennelly

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kilkenny34

Just dont think Keoghan is up to the required level at inter county.What is Deegans injury?

kilkenny34 wrote: »
    Just dont think Keoghan is up to the required level at inter county.What is Deegans injury?

Just let's wish the chap the best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

kilkenny34 wrote: »
    deegan close contact of confirmed covid case apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭therealdonster

Would have started Blanchfield ahead of Keoghan myself..

Would have started Blanchfield ahead of Keoghan myself..
    Blanchfield seem to be gone off the radar all together he did not get a run against Dublin.

• Advertisement

The best of luck to all involved with the kilkenny team, hopefully we will get a good result in these hard times keep safe all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement