Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bet Victor have closed my account

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭123456789j

callaway92 wrote: »
    I know they’re not linked. I’d know the industry to an extent (and many posters trying to help here would have a better knowledge).

Can you quote Section 17 of their TCs and Cs here so I can run-over that?

https://www.betvictor.com/en-gb/pages/terms-conditions/uk-terms-and-conditions/use-of-our-services?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

123456789j wrote: »

Any chance you’d post the bets you did on the account?

Not too much striking me other than 17.2 and lesser so 17.4

I keep getting the vibe they also may have rejected your passport for previous account issues etc but I know you’ve said now that you definitely didn’t have a previous account.

Like... push them for more info? I’m out of ideas

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Mod Note

ste551 you've received 2 yellows in quick succession. Some of your posts are accusatory, baseless and do not add to a thread in a positive way.

Continue in the same vein and you will receive a ban.

Do not quote or reply to this post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,598 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Pending, so you don't know if the bet was placed or not. :eek:.
    That's not what pending means.
    They are under no obligation to pay any bet?

No they are not. That's common knowledge.
    callaway92 wrote:
    Questions like this are legit. Not sure why people are lambasting ste551
    There's potentiall more to it that meets the eye, and asking questions are fine.
    But that poster is being lambasted as he is talking nonsense purely because he has a chip on his shoulder.
    ste551 wrote: »
    No one opens a betting account and makes a 50e treble. that's stupid money to put on a treble.
    they have helped you by blocking your account. Im sure the paddy and boyles have already blocked you for your own safety

This says more about your own struggles with money that the OPs. You shouldn't project your issues on to others.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Any chance you’d post the bets you did on the account?

Not too much striking me other than 17.2 and lesser so 17.4

I keep getting the vibe they also may have rejected your passport for previous account issues etc but I know you’ve said now that you definitely didn’t have a previous account.

Like... push them for more info? I’m out of ideas

As you will see, all small time bets - mostly losers. That appears to be the only screenshots I have taken. I have also attached the treble which I have spoken about.

As you will see, all small time bets - mostly losers. That appears to be the only screenshots I have taken. I have also attached the treble which I have spoken about.

Cheers for your help anyways. I haven’t ever dealt with betvictor before. My only thinking Is the fact my Id had been refused and that was their flag. However I had emailed their verification team prior to them closing my account in order to try to rectify this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭maebee

Cheers for your help anyways. I haven’t ever dealt with betvictor before. My only thinking Is the fact my Id had been refused and that was their flag. However I had emailed their verification team prior to them closing my account in order to try to rectify this

Do you know why they refused to verify your ID?. I had this problem trying to open a new Revolut account. They kept rejecting my passport as ID. It turned out that it was a few weeks out of date. I hadn't noticed it due to not being able to use it this year. Could it be something like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Mellor wrote: »
    That's not what pending means.

Some bookmakers show bets as "pending" when it's being sent over to the traders to be authorised.
    Assume it didn't happen in this case as €50 on BTTS treble isn't the biggest bet in the world even for Bet Victor.

OP
    Just thinking about this.
    Has anybody using the same postal or IP address had an account with Bet Victor before, has any other family member had an account with them?

ste551 wrote: »
    "gambling advice" is an irony in itself

my advice is , stop creating spam threads and stop creating betting accounts.

Work on yourself, you never know, you might like what you see. Better than any treble.

Always good to see someone posting again after a 2 and half year break but he's already placed the bets so needs help on how to get his money out.

• Advertisement

Some bookmakers show bets as "pending" when it's being sent over to the traders to be authorised.
    Assume it didn't happen in this case as €50 on BTTS treble isn't the biggest bet in the world even for Bet Victor.

OP
    Just thinking about this.
    Has anybody using the same postal or IP address had an account with Bet Victor before, has any other family member had an account with them?

No it wouldn’t be the case as no one else in my family would gamble. It wouldn’t be possible to make a second account I don’t think anyways as I was using my only email address and bank account.

Which bookies do that?

Any bet offered on the website wouldn't have to be authorised. And if a price is requested from traders, it wouldn't appear in "My Bets" until its entered into the system.

Which bookies do that?

It would be any 2 of 12 accounts closed in the last 5 years but couldn't remember which exact ones.
    Pending also appears in Smarkets football betting for 6 seconds (used to be 12 seconds :eek:) as they wait to see of there is a goal scored that would effect the bet.
    They are trying to stop people with a faster stream taking advantage of the prices before they change,
    Cost me a fortune last month when I thought I had a bet on but was cancelled as a goal was scored 8 seconds after placing the bet.
    Didn't have a faster feed was just unlucky with timing.
    Any bet offered on the website wouldn't have to be authorised.

Would depend on the amount being staked.
    I had bets that would be pending while it went to either risk or traders for them to okay the stake amount.
    UK based online bookies would offer me x at the price and balance at way lower price after a while of using the account.
    And if a price is requested from traders, it wouldn't appear in "My Bets" until its entered into the system

That's true, would only show in your account when confirmed.

Pending also appears in Smarkets football betting for 6 seconds (used to be 12 seconds :eek:) as they wait to see of there is a goal scored that would effect the bet.
    exchange markets are a bit different from bookies on a few fronts.

Would depend on the amount being staked.
    I had bets that would be pending while it went to either risk or traders for them to okay the stake amount.
    UK based online bookies would offer me x at the price and balance at way lower price after a while of using the account.
    Over max bets sure that might dock the odds. But in that case it still wouldn't appear as a pending bet until they've come back with the odds and you've accepted.

Anyway, bet in OP appears to have been place, but not settled when shut down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Which bookies do that?

Any bet offered on the website wouldn't have to be authorised. And if a price is requested from traders, it wouldn't appear in "My Bets" until its entered into the system.

Pending in a bet means it is placed but the result is not known yet, pending in a withdrawal means it is not cleared yet, they are two different things. The OP doesn't have to explain why he has a bet Victor account, my main reasons for accounts are range of markets, and price, maybe sens a scanned copy of your passport, and then withdraw the funds, and don't deal with them again.

Pending in a bet means it is placed but the result is not known yet, pending in a withdrawal means it is not cleared yet, they are two different things. The OP doesn't have to explain why he has a bet Victor account, my main reasons for accounts are range of markets, and price, maybe sens a scanned copy of your passport, and then withdraw the funds, and don't deal with them again.

I think you need to brush up on your reading comprehension.
    That's exactly what I said a pending bet was. Nobody mentioned a withdrawal.
    And nobody said anything about explaining why he has a bet victor acc.
    0 for 3 on that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

I think you need to brush up on your reading comprehension.
    That's exactly what I said a pending bet was. Nobody mentioned a withdrawal.
    And nobody said anything about explaining why he has a bet victor acc.
    0 for 3 on that one.

Wasn't directed at you, I know you know what you are talking about, it was directed at the people who either don't know, or are trying to wind up the OP. Some people said pending means the bet wasn't accepted, and others are asking why he has an account with bet Victor.

Just an update , I received this response today finally:

Thank you for your recent contact regarding your BetVictor account.

In order for us to do further reviews of your BetVictor account please can I ask that you provide the following.

1) A clear image of your Passport , please note that it must be a photo image of the actual passport and not a photo image of a copy of it.

2) A clear photo image of you holding the actual passport open on the photo page,.

3) A bank statement showing your name and the deposit to BetVictor.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Awkward now as I’ve had to request a bank statement and this will take a day or so. Hopefully this means some progress will be made.

In order for us to do further reviews of your BetVictor account please can I ask that you provide the following.

1) A clear image of your Passport , please note that it must be a photo image of the actual passport and not a photo image of a copy of it.
    2) A clear photo image of you holding the actual passport open on the photo page,.

Awkward now as I’ve had to request a bank statement and this will take a day or so. Hopefully this means some progress will be made.

All standard stuff so I'd say account will be reopened when you send that stuff off to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

they said they closed his account due to his activity on the site. i'm guessing his account will remain closed after they verify and pay him. very poor form by bet victor. personally i've had no trouble with this firm although i'm well down with them since i started using them last year.

• Advertisement

Wasn't directed at you, I know you know what you are talking about, it was directed at the people who either don't know, or are trying to wind up the OP. Some people said pending means the bet wasn't accepted, and others are asking why he has an account with bet Victor.

Fair enough. I reacted as I was quoted.
    Agree that justifying an account is ridiculous. I can’t remember all the accounts I’ve had. Has a good lol at 50 meaning somebody’s an addict.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

Any further progress OP?

paddythere wrote: »
    Any further progress OP?

Sorry lads - got an email yesterday to say all of the money will be in my bank account in 3-5 working and my account has been reopened. Turned out their system was at fault and it’s policy to close accounts if flagged. Absolutely delighted. Cheers for the help !!

Sorry lads - got an email yesterday to say all of the money will be in my bank account in 3-5 working and my account has been reopened. Turned out their system was at fault and it’s policy to close accounts if flagged. Absolutely delighted. Cheers for the help !!

There's a shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ste551

I am delighted for your outcome. I am sorry for the assumptions made

Advertisement