Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bet Victor have closed my account

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

123456789j wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Wondering if I can get some help on this. I set up a betvictor account 2 days ago and managed to get winnings up to 100€. I also placed a 50€ treble which has just come in today ( worth 300€).

They asked for me to verify my account however after I had set the account up. I had no problem uploading my proof of address but they would not accept my passport despite the fact it was a clear photograph. I tried multiple versions (photos which I had used before for other accounts) and their system would not accept.

I have been through their live support for hours and have also tried to email them with my verification documents. I had yet to receive a response back until this morning where I have learned that they had closed my account. I received this email -

“In response to our recent enquiries regarding your BetVictor account, we would like to advise you that your account with us has been permanently closed following our investigation into your activities on our site.

BetVictor reserves the right to suspend or close your account at any time where there is an unacceptable use of our services which is covered by Section 17 of our Terms and Conditions. “

At present I should have over 400€ in my account but I have not been able to get through to anyone at betvictor.

I am wondering if you have any advice as to how I should proceed. I have images and proof of my correspondence and of the bets and money in my account. There is no problem with my passport but there system will not accept.

Thanks.
    They have no problem with verification when you are shovelling on the coal, its amazing how straight and proper they get when you try to draw a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Reckon that poster is anti gambling of any sort so wouldn't pay to much heed to their posts.

Any complaint websites you can use? Might be a third party website that deals with issues like these as it's probably talking to a brick wall at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ste551

I’m sorry but 50€ is not stupid money. It was three relatively short prices. The bet paid out at odds of 4/1. Nothing different to putting 50€ on a horse which is quite common for people. As I said, this was profit which I had used. I have yet to see any other bookmaker refuse customers for bets like that. The fact that I have close to 400€ in the account which I cannot access is what is annoying most. If I had lost 400, they wouldnt be acting in this manner.

I don't believe a word of your post. youre an addict.
    Question: Is your paddy power account active?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭123456789j

ste551 wrote: »
    even the biggest losers get a bet right sometimes.

50e on a treble should raise suspicions and it looks like the gambling site done you a favour in the long run

That is just not how it works or how it should work.

petes wrote: »
    Reckon that poster is anti gambling of any sort so wouldn't pay to much heed to their posts.

Any complaint websites you can use? Might be a third party website that deals with issues like these as it's probably talking to a brick wall at this stage.

If I was anti gambling then im the best person to post. Silly post

• Advertisement

Excuse me? Jesus Christ.

I do not have a paddy power account. I have a bet 365. s I mentioned, I set this account up because of a sign up offer. The offer was that if I deposited 10€ I would receive 40€ in free bets. I’m sorry but who are you to accuse me of that without even knowing who I am. I asked for simple advice and the majority of people here have been sound and very accommodating.

I don’t know what experiences you have had but my story is 100% true and genuine. If I was a big punter, I don’t think I would be looking on boards forums for such advice. No need to be an arsehole!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

That is just not how it works or how it should work.

50 quid is only a bet, it's not a sizable bet or a small bet, it's a bet, anyone on this site that thinks this is over the top is way off. I have mates that slate me for gambling, but some of them spend 200 quid a week on cocaine. Also some of them are the first people with the hand out when I win a few quid, betvictor are a weak bookie, generally in my experience the Irish bookies are better than the English ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭phantasmagoria

Don't stress too much about it. You will get paid out but it may take time to confirm account is verified. Some online bookmakers are like this and Bet Victor rings bells with me as a pain in the nads and one that asks you to jump through hoops. I've had to prove wealth in the past to a bookmaker! Worst case scenario my suggestion you can open up a dispute and then go down the IBAS route. Essentially you are in a position where you need to comply with their requests at times. Good luck.

Cheers mate. I’ve looked into it and seems it’s up to the individual bookmaker and if they are nice enough about it. IBAS is an option also. Tbh I will wait a few days now and see if they reply to me. The general consensus is to keep hounding them by the looks of it. They won’t want to lose a potential customer for the sake of a few hundred quid as they know they will more than likely get it back in the long run. The bookies always win as they say.

In the off chance I am paid out, I will be closing the account immediately. I have used the old solicitor action ****e so hopefully that is some help!

You've already had threads here banned for spanning the site. As disgusting as gambling establishments are ill take there word over yours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

You've already had threads here banned for spanning the site. As disgusting as gambling establishments are ill take there word over yours

Irregardless of other threads, this is in a forum for gambling advice as in for people who have a bet and have an issue with said bet for example, not for your preaching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭deathbomber

Please take note that under the Lottery Act 1956 states that “no action shall lie for the recovery of any money or thing which is alleged to be won.”

They are under no obligation to pay you. I presume they’d have to refund your stake though.

Is this for real? They are under no obligation to pay any bet? 50 euro treble, i fail to see how people think this is a big bet

I don’t know what you are talking about as I haven’t posted a boards thread since I was I college years ago. Even if I had, what has that got to do with anything. You must have some life if you are going on this trying to get a rise out of people genuinely looking for advice on a gambling thread.

Irregardless of other threads, this is in a forum for gambling advice as in for people who have a bet and have an issue with said bet for example, not for your preaching.

"gambling advice" is an irony in itself

my advice is , stop creating spam threads and stop creating betting accounts.

Work on yourself, you never know, you might like what you see. Better than any treble.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Questions like this are legit. Not sure why people are lambasting ste551

How does he end up at BetVictor? Genuine question here.

Not gonna have the ‘best prices’ argument because I know that’s the easy defence.

There’s 100% more to this than meets the eye.

Looking at it with blinkers doesn’t help.

Work on yourself, you never know, you might like what you see. Better than any treble.

Here Ste. I’ve just clicked into your profile. You are commenting under other gambling threads and giving people stick. You have also accused some other poster of being me? Get a life. Calling me the ‘betvictor dude’. Stop reading and posting in the forums if you don’t have anything positive to contribute.

callaway92 wrote: »

How does he end up at BetVictor? Genuine question here.

Not gonna have the ‘best prices’ argument because I know that’s the easy defence.

There’s 100% more to this than meets the eye.

Looking at it with blinkers doesn’t help.

Mate I’m sorry, I’ll explain my reason. There was a bet promo which had come up on my Facebook. Bet 10 get 40 in free bets. Breeders cup racing was starting. I wanted to try get a few free bets and try not lose money. Nothing wrong with it in my eyes. If anything I see now why I’m best sticking to the top tier bookies.

Plenty of bookmakers advertise such free sign up offers. This looked the best around at the time. I don’t need to be getting stick. Believe what you want but I’m genuinely posting here.

Mate I’m sorry, I’ll explain my reason. There was a bet promo which had come up on my Facebook. Bet 10 get 40 in free bets. Breeders cup racing was starting. I wanted to try get a few free bets and try not lose money. Nothing wrong with it in my eyes. If anything I see now why I’m best sticking to the top tier bookies.

Plenty of bookmakers advertise such free sign up offers. This looked the best around at the time. I don’t need to be getting stick. Believe what you want but I’m genuinely posting here.

Ok cool. And you 100% for sure never had a previous account with them? (Even forgetting a potential old account) ..And then opened this up to take advantage of the promo?

Something may have flagged on their end that you had a previously closed account etc.

Not accusing - just trying to get this ironed out.

Ok cool. And you 100% for sure never had a previous account with them? (Even forgetting a potential old account) ..And then opened this up to take advantage of the promo?

Something may have flagged on their end that you had a previously closed account etc.

Not accusing - just trying to get this ironed out.

100% sure. As I have said, I only have a bet 365 account. The two companies are not linked either.

100% sure. As I have said, I only have a bet 365 account. The two companies are not linked either.

I know they’re not linked. I’d know the industry to an extent (and many posters trying to help here would have a better knowledge).

Can you quote Section 17 of their TCs and Cs here so I can run-over that?

• Advertisement

I know they’re not linked. I’d know the industry to an extent (and many posters trying to help here would have a better knowledge).

Can you quote Section 17 of their TCs and Cs here so I can run-over that?

https://www.betvictor.com/en-gb/pages/terms-conditions/uk-terms-and-conditions/use-of-our-services?

Any chance you’d post the bets you did on the account?

Not too much striking me other than 17.2 and lesser so 17.4

I keep getting the vibe they also may have rejected your passport for previous account issues etc but I know you’ve said now that you definitely didn’t have a previous account.

Like... push them for more info? I’m out of ideas

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Mod Note

ste551 you've received 2 yellows in quick succession. Some of your posts are accusatory, baseless and do not add to a thread in a positive way.

Continue in the same vein and you will receive a ban.

Do not quote or reply to this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,921 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Pending, so you don't know if the bet was placed or not. :eek:.
    That's not what pending means.
    They are under no obligation to pay any bet?

No they are not. That's common knowledge.
    callaway92 wrote:
    There's potentiall more to it that meets the eye, and asking questions are fine.
    But that poster is being lambasted as he is talking nonsense purely because he has a chip on his shoulder.
    No one opens a betting account and makes a 50e treble. that's stupid money to put on a treble.
    they have helped you by blocking your account. Im sure the paddy and boyles have already blocked you for your own safety

This says more about your own struggles with money that the OPs. You shouldn't project your issues on to others.

Any chance you’d post the bets you did on the account?

Not too much striking me other than 17.2 and lesser so 17.4

I keep getting the vibe they also may have rejected your passport for previous account issues etc but I know you’ve said now that you definitely didn’t have a previous account.

Like... push them for more info? I’m out of ideas

As you will see, all small time bets - mostly losers. That appears to be the only screenshots I have taken. I have also attached the treble which I have spoken about.

As you will see, all small time bets - mostly losers. That appears to be the only screenshots I have taken. I have also attached the treble which I have spoken about.

Cheers for your help anyways. I haven’t ever dealt with betvictor before. My only thinking Is the fact my Id had been refused and that was their flag. However I had emailed their verification team prior to them closing my account in order to try to rectify this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭maebee

Cheers for your help anyways. I haven’t ever dealt with betvictor before. My only thinking Is the fact my Id had been refused and that was their flag. However I had emailed their verification team prior to them closing my account in order to try to rectify this

Do you know why they refused to verify your ID?. I had this problem trying to open a new Revolut account. They kept rejecting my passport as ID. It turned out that it was a few weeks out of date. I hadn't noticed it due to not being able to use it this year. Could it be something like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Mellor wrote: »
    That's not what pending means.

Some bookmakers show bets as "pending" when it's being sent over to the traders to be authorised.
    Assume it didn't happen in this case as €50 on BTTS treble isn't the biggest bet in the world even for Bet Victor.

OP
    Just thinking about this.
    Has anybody using the same postal or IP address had an account with Bet Victor before, has any other family member had an account with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Always good to see someone posting again after a 2 and half year break but he's already placed the bets so needs help on how to get his money out.

• Advertisement

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Some bookmakers show bets as "pending" when it's being sent over to the traders to be authorised.
    Assume it didn't happen in this case as €50 on BTTS treble isn't the biggest bet in the world even for Bet Victor.

OP
    Just thinking about this.
    Has anybody using the same postal or IP address had an account with Bet Victor before, has any other family member had an account with them?

No it wouldn’t be the case as no one else in my family would gamble. It wouldn’t be possible to make a second account I don’t think anyways as I was using my only email address and bank account.

Advertisement