Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2020: Round 13: Emilia Romagma GP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭kksaints

Faugheen wrote: »
    This is a regular thing for Stroll, though.

He clearly has some talent but for whatever reason he regularly brainfarts.

As if things couldn’t be worse for Albon, him binning it has officially given Merc the title.

Russell is quick no doubt, his qualifying record proves that but his race performances have been poor and binning it under the safety car is embarrassing. Everyone laughed when Grosjean did it regardless of the blame Ericsson crap, so why should Russell be exempt?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

My stream froze who got the time penalty and for what?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Grosjean, track limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭klose

Grosjean for track limits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Not the worst race I've ever seen. Very difficult to pass though. Really felt like a 2005 Trulli train race. Surprised that perez wasn't all over the ferrari at the end there. bad call to pit. Did enjoy the middle part of the race when Lewis was trying to build the gap on old tyres. Will be interesting to see if footage of Bottas damaging the floor is uncovered. Sounds like he was unlucky. Poor mistake to let Max through though you must say. Well done to Alpha for getting both cars in the points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Lewis having a good look to see what damage was on Bottas' car, but sure Bottas had already got out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Faugheen wrote: »
    They must have thought everyone else was going To move to softs and didn’t want to be left vulnerable. That’s the only reasons I can think of why they did it.

It's not the first time they've gone the wrong way, they've made the opposite mistake at races in the past and kept him out when they should have pitted him

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Albon surely out of an F1 drive completely next year now. In any top end racing team his performance is unacceptable, let alone Red Bull

• Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

The fastest a piece of Ferrari has been all season.

• Advertisement

Albon surely out of an F1 drive completely next year now. In any top end racing team his performance is unacceptable, let alone Red Bull

Yeah it looks game set and match now for him. So will it be Perez or Hulk in that seat next year?

Whole load of talking points after that, ferraris dealing of vettel, his and kimis tyre management, max and Russells crashes, Danny ric another podium, stroll disaster, perez boxing that late.

Edit: Albon, jesus what a disaster too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭kksaints

Wasn't the worst race and certainly better than the Spanish Grand Prix. The late safety car definitely livened up the end. Overtaking was difficult though and the DRS zone could have done with been longer, sort of the opposite of the last race where the DRS zone was too long. Pleased for Kvyat to finish fourth, I'm not sure why you'd drop him for a Japanese rookie particularly when Honda are pulling out at the end of next season. Albon is surely gone now, that spin was disastrous.

Hamilton deserved to win, the VSC timing was lucky and the need for it questionable imo but he probably had pulled out enough time before the pitstop in any case and he'd been on better tyres than the comprised Bottas so would have gotten past.

Russell is clearly quick in qualy but has he got the goods on a Sunday. Not the first time he's bottled it when in a position to nick a point.

Albon had a shocker, again. Agree with those saying he's done for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Without the safety cars it’d have been an incredibly boring race.

Wouldn’t be sad if it was the last time I saw that track tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

Ric :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Aw yeah, here comes the Shoey!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Could Lewis not let him have that 1 thing

Could Lewis not let him have that 1 thing

He gave it to Lewis...

Poor Perez, really disappointed for him

• Advertisement

Poor from Vettel, LeClerc pulling it out of the bag again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Indestructable

This is it wrote: »
    Poor from Vettel, LeClerc pulling it out of the bag again

Tbf he wasn't helped by his team with the 14 second pit

Tbf he wasn't helped by his team with the 14 second pit

Didn't they pit him again under the safety car too?

Oh bless, Albon thought someone hit him. Clueless

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

skipper_G wrote: »
    Oh bless, Albon thought someone hit him. Clueless

I’m genuinely surprised he was given the opportunity in the red bull seat in general. I’d go as far as saying he wouldn’t be missed on the grid. There’s F2 drivers that look a lot hungrier.

Now for the evening entertainment, I'm off to read the twitter responses to Racing Point celebrating P6 like an achievement and not the missed opportunity it actually is. Bunch of clowns, strategy call straight out of 'Ferrari's guide to F1 strategy'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Ferrari 6th in the Championship. Talk about under performing .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

The end of the race was good. Pity the VSC pit stop is such a killer. Would have been way more interesting if VSC pit was not allowed or the pit lane speed was reduced more to minimise it more.

Ferrari f-up Vettel and a possible double points finish. He had driven very well up to that.

Big bonus for Renault over McLaren today with that podium. That third place battle in the constructors is really hoting up

I don't think Racing point pit at the safety car was a mistake. Perez just got it wrong , given how well Kyvatt executed it (excellent by the way from him )

While Albon clearly doesn't have what Redbull need , and I have criticized him I cannot help but think most of this is Redbulls own fault. Promoted Gasly too quickly and needing immediate results. Demoted , Albon promted also too quickly need immediate results but no time to develop as a racing driver at this level.

Now they are looking at an outside driver , Perez on pace would be the best option I think, but I have seen him put his team mate into he wall . (Ocon). He is not going to sit back in a potential race winning car to satisfy Redbulls need to make max a world champion. I don't think he is better than max but cannot see him yeilding so easily.

Sorry long post from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

astrofluff wrote: »
    Really looking forward to watching them try get the right setup in one practice session. Renault or McLaren to surprise.

Maybe I got some of that right on Friday, which is unusual for me.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

Joeface wrote: »

Now they are looking at an outside driver , Perez on pace would be the best option I think, but I have seen him put his team mate into he wall . (Ocon). He is not going to sit back in a potential race winning car to satisfy Redbulls need to make max a world champion. I don't think he is better than max but cannot see him yeilding so easily.

Sorry long post from me.

Could be a good thing.

Could go terribly arseways too, but I reckon it could make for some good racing

Advertisement