Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2020: Round 13: Emilia Romagma GP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Ohh Ferrari....That’s that for Vettel so.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Jaysus was just thinking Vettel was having a great race and the team decided to do a pit stop with their feet.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

We get it you’re a Hamilton fanboy.

People can have opinions and thoughts ffs.

In other news a terrible pit stop from Ferrari

People can have opinions but to say Bottas was screwed without even acknowledging that Hamilton gained a net 5s is completely disingenuous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

lol, spare a thought for the engineer who came up with mode 8 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I'd love to see Max in one for the Mercs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Bottas screwed Bottas AGAIN

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭kksaints

skipper_G wrote: »
    It's an unnecessary risk to driver safety, leave a car stranded on the side of the circuit and what happens if someone crashes into it?

The wing debris situation was very different, it happened at the start when the field was still bunched up. They had a gap to send a marshal to recover it without neutralising the race. Ocon's car being recovered in the middle of the race when the field is spread around the whole circuit means they can't do the same.

The car was well off the racing line and on a straight. It was going to have no impact on the race at all. Magnussen and Stroll were also out of position so there wasn't much of a gap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Haha, that was coming for a while. Poor to make the same mistake twice in a race though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Max on the radio.. SEEEEEENNNDD IT.

Love that.

Bottas will surely put now.

Love how Kimi is still just casually in 4th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Bottas is a pity

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Poor Vettel.

Pit crew really let him down.

Was looking like a points finish until then.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

What's Kimi at?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Yet again Max demonstrates that he is the most exciting driver in F1.
    Fantastic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

What's Kimi at?

Just going for a casual Sunday drive to get out of the house for a bit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

What's Kimi at?

Praying for a safety car

kksaints wrote: »
    The car was well off the racing line and on a straight. It was going to have no impact on the race at all. Magnussen and Stroll were also out of position so there wasn't much of a gap.

It's not about impacting the race, it's about what could happen if another car impacted the Renault. Serious injury or death. Sorry to break it to you, but the safety of the participants and marshalls is more important than our enjoyment. I would have thought any F1 fan would recognise that fact especially at this circuit.

Kimi onto the softs. Go on Kimi!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

'it's my job'

Not for next season though so let's pull it in and retire it.

Oh Verstappen!

• Advertisement

Ah man Max out, Kimi shouldn’t have waited!!

Heartbreak

Can't understand them pitting Kimi, surely leave him out til the last lap hoping for a VSC?
    EDIT: I'd like to point out my stream is behind and I said that before Verstappen's crash. :P

Max gone, fcuk.

Failure on the car he reckons.

If Kimi had have stayed out just a little longer, damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Cack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭kksaints

skipper_G wrote: »
    It's not about impacting the race, it's about what could happen if another car impacted the Renault. Serious injury or death. Sorry to break it to you, but the safety of the participants and marshalls is more important than our enjoyment. I would have thought any F1 fan would recognise that fact especially at this circuit.

If that's the case anytime there's a marshall or debris on the track there should be a VSC. Then there should have been a VSC when the debris was been removed even if it's for 10 or 15 seconds regardless of whether there's a gap in the traffic or not. The VSC for removing Ocon's car was roughly 30 seconds and off the racing line. It wasn't needed, a localised yellow flag should have been enough.

Safety car needed now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Max - that's has to be a full SC

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Noo!

Good for Perez anyway I guess..

Bottas into softs, has he got a chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I'd love to see Max in one for the Mercs

Wouldn't we all, well apart from most Hamilton fans that is.
    Bad luck with the debris or not you just have no confidence in Bottas in getting the job done on a Sunday.

Advertisement