Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three dead as woman beheaded in France

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Gradius wrote: »
    There are many people presenting the different choices these potential murderers have.

That's a bad frame of mind.

They shouldn't have any choices. When someone wants to move into your home, it's YOUR choice that matters, and only your choice.

That's the way it should be. In reality it's NGOs and globalist institutions that force this on us all. I've said it elsewhere, but if there was any true democracy we'd all get a vote on our futures. They don't give us one, because they simply fear the outcome.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 8,340 ✭✭✭jmreire

I'm not buying it, I doubt a word or two to express their condolences to the victims would have had the jihadists knocking down their door.

The cynic in me says they couldn't care less about the victims, there is a lot of hate directed towards France from muslims over the last few days even before this because of what he said recently.

Indeed it would have the jihadists knocking on her door!!! With these fanatics, any sign of sympathy for the murder victims would not be seen in a good light. If it had been a Muslim that got killed, then yes maybe some sympathy ( but even then, it would have to be from the same branch of Islam IE: Sunni -Sunni or Shiite=Shiite) But for unbelieving infidels ??? Her son has now achieved martyrdom. And thats what the sole focus will be on, and she will be the Mother of a martyr. So you can be sure that there will not be any deviation from that path. And definitely no sympathy will be shown, because it would dilute the msg.

Yet the same muslims who slate france and complain will still flood there in their droves and complain when they get there.

haha... i'm finding this difficult. I really don't want to be defending muslims, because I really don't agree with what they've been doing in Europe.

At the same time, though, I can't help oppose these kind of double standards. You really think westerners are any different? People complain about the government, the country, the culture, the economy, the whatever... and then expect it to save them, often to save them from something they should have been personally responsible for.

Just as I've seen Americans or Europeans who live abroad, and spend their whole time (whenever they encounter another westerner) bitching about the country they're in. It's not anything new... and it's not something unique to Muslims.
    If they dont like it they should go home..

I completely agree. In fact, I feel we should be deporting/expelling 60% of all foreign born Muslims from within Europe, with the remainder needing to show that they appreciate living in Europe, and are capable of living productive and respectful lives here. I suspect a lot of migrants/refugees have little actual appreciation for being able to live within Europe's borders.. but then, France needs to shut down it's guilt connection with north Africa. At least, until we have developed a working system capable to identifying troublemakers, and an effective system in place to properly integrate the remainder. Once we have some definitive answers how to co-exist, then we should allow more back in... but the current state of affairs is utterly retarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭John Frank Wilson

Another *mostly peaceful assassination attempt in France:

https://www.thejournal.ie/lyon-priest-shooting-france-5250917-Oct2020/

Hopefully the poor man pulls through.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Cordell

Let's not jump to conclusions, that priest may have been mistaken for a muslim (orthodox priests tend to have unkempt beards, especially older ones), so this may be a revenge attack. Small chance, but still.

Either way, it's great to live in such culturally enriched times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

As with covid.

State action is required, even if painful and of great inconvenience at the time.

Rather than allowing the problem to grow, the action at that later eventual time demanded by reality coming at a far far greater cost.

They did 9/11. They got one over on that leviathan of military power and technical know-how, guarded by oceans on either side. Thousands of miles away.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

85603 wrote: »
    They did 9/11. They got one over on that leviathan of military power and technical know-how, guarded by oceans on either side. Thousands of miles away.
    And a leviathan with startling blindspots and incompetence and overwhelming hubris. The various state agencies had little cross pollination with intel and resources and they had to dig around to even find native Arabic speakers. Never mind next to no security on internal flights. It wasn't so much of a shock really. It just took some clever thinking by the terrorists to spot the now obvious holes in security and people willing to die for the cause. They're about the hardest to stop.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

Wibbs wrote: »
    And a leviathan with startling blindspots and incompetence and overwhelming hubris. The various state agencies had little cross pollination with intel and resources and they had to dig around to even find native Arabic speakers. Never mind next to no security on internal flights. It wasn't so much of a shock really. It just took some clever thinking by the terrorists to spot the now obvious holes in security and people willing to die for the cause. They're about the hardest to stop.

No doubt Europe has plenty of those same sorts of weaknesses.

So we're doubly vulnerable.

Europes govts need to get on this, on a grand scale, on the double, or we'll soon have our own 911.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,145 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Yet the same muslims who slate france and complain will still flood there in their droves and complain when they get there.

If they dont like it they should go home..

I often wonder about this.

I think it was very brazen of Ali Selim to demand wholesale change to our education system, just to suit Muslim students.

If I moved to another country, and was living there a few years, I'd hardly be going on national media and requesting massive changes to their well-established education system.

He must be very confident, or else he must have great faith that he is correct.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Geuze wrote: »

I think it was very brazen of Ali Selim to demand wholesale change to our education system, just to suit Muslim students.

If I moved to another country, and was living there a few years, I'd hardly be going on national media and requesting massive changes to their well-established education system.

Imagine people here complaining about Saudi Arabia,
    Then they move to the very same Saudi Arabia they moan about and complain there should be changes .

How do you think the Saudi would react ?

Imagine if it was a woman, a white women who was non muslim , how do people think that would go.

You have muslims leaving their own country because the dont like it, get to a new country, and try to make it the very same as the country they just left.

Why dont they just stay where they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭seenitall

Two reasons:

1) Money money money

2) “ameliorating” European demographics (i.e. joining their brothers and sisters in Europe and thus spreading Islam)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

He is on both counts, but -and here's the big difference and what he knows all too well - we are not. On both counts.

Us, Europe, the West in general is currently mired in a lot of breast beating about how liberal we are and apologising for ourselves and our culture and history and our general response is passivity, appeasement and what aggression is in play is mostly aimed at hounding our own. Mixed in with a tiny number of actual right wing nutters, though that may start to appeal to more and more and that's a real bloody worry. As history has shown the one demographic on the planet you really don't want to piss off and prod into action are the pale of face.

Exceptions would be places like Poland and much of Eastern Europe. They still have that self confidence, for better and worse, whereas the Swedes for example seem to apologise for themselves just being themselves. At least their leadership does. This from a people who are one of the largest influences on how Europe developed. Which if proof were ever needed it shows genetics and "race" mean feck all.

Now in any war of words or actual conflict, who is going to win in that setup? Would the chap mentioned have even dreamt of pulling that in 19th century Germany, Italy, Spain etc? No bloody way. Would he try it in modern Day Poland, or Slovakia, or Russia? Same answer.

I actually don't blame him or folks like him. In his position I'd likely do the same or similar. If you keep passively standing there offering both cheeks, don't be too surprised if someone will keep slapping them.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

The French state allowed too many Muslims in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,340 ✭✭✭jmreire

Wibbs wrote: »
    He is on both counts, but -and here's the big difference and what he knows all too well - we are not. On both counts.

Us, Europe, the West in general is currently mired in a lot of breast beating about how liberal we are and apologising for ourselves and our culture and history and our general response is passivity, appeasement and what aggression is in play is mostly aimed at hounding our own. Mixed in with a tiny number of actual right wing nutters, though that may start to appeal to more and more and that's a real bloody worry. As history has shown the one demographic on the planet you really don't want to piss off and prod into action are the pale of face.

Exceptions would be places like Poland and much of Eastern Europe. They still have that self confidence, for better and worse, whereas the Swedes for example seem to apologise for themselves just being themselves. At least their leadership does. This from a people who are one of the largest influences on how Europe developed. Which if proof were ever needed it shows genetics and "race" mean feck all.

Now in any war of words or actual conflict, who is going to win in that setup? Would the chap mentioned have even dreamt of pulling that in 19th century Germany, Italy, Spain etc? No bloody way. Would he try it in modern Day Poland, or Slovakia, or Russia? Same answer.

I actually don't blame him or folks like him. In his position I'd likely do the same or similar. If you keep passively standing there offering both cheeks, don't be too surprised if someone will keep slapping them.

Or as it stands at the moment ( and I've said it before.... ) Democracy being the death of democracy,,especially when there is only democracy on one side...Islam is the complete opposite of democracy, but knows very well when , where and how to play the democracy card.

What's too many though?

The real problem is the lack of intent involved with immigration practices that concern peoples whose cultural backgrounds are so different from our own. The integration of other westerners is relatively easy due to shared values, pretty similar fundamental laws, and such. The same can be said for a handful of former colonies around the world, and SE Asians who tend to merge pretty mildly into any destination.

TBH again I think we have to blame the US in a way (well, many ways but this one for now). Racial profiling. The inability to establish profiles on peoples due to their cultural backgrounds, religions, race, etc. and it's a major obstacle to dealing with these groups, because it prevents any degree of expertise to be formed.

We have no effective way to assimilate foreign groups (if that's desired). We have no effective way to integrate foreign groups. IMHO, throughout Europe, we've just had two decades where there's been an aversion to expecting foreigners to integrate. The expectation on multiple levels was that other cultural groups coming here, living separately to Europeans, and everything else that came with them, would just... work? Somehow. Magically. Throw money into a wide range of EU/UN departments, and NGOs, and it would just work out.

But it hasn't. Not even slightly. And I mean that. While there are large numbers of Muslims throughout Europe who don't engage in violence, they also don't integrate much. There are large areas throughout France and Germany where the local language is an Arabic language, where the normal type of dress is not European, and even the sign posts have been changed to represent other names/references.

Without a definitive, and proven method to establish, integrate, and adjust Muslims/migrants/refugees/etc, one is too many. It'll just come back to bite us in the ass. I'm not saying stop all immigration, but can we get our heads out of our asses, and deal with the problems that exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

It's a complete and utter shït hole. Import people from the third world and you end up with one.

Sad but true. Now lessons must be learned for the rest of Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

Lucky for Dear Old Ireland, we'll only be getting the doctors and engineers.

Oh yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

What's too many though?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Danzy wrote: »
    Goes without saying that belief system is a terminal cancer in Europe unless it is cut out.

This is early days and France will suffer attacks that will shock it to its core before it acts.

All of Europe faces the same, including ourselves.

Except Poland, rise up Winged Hussars.

Motto: Amor Patriae Nostra Lex (Love of the fatherland is our law)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 315 ✭✭coinop

What's too many though?

The real problem is the lack of intent involved with immigration practices that concern peoples whose cultural backgrounds are so different from our own.

I stopped reading there. Victim blaming drivel. It's not our responsibility to change to accommodate primitive sand people who live like it's the year 1245.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 315 ✭✭coinop

TomTomTim wrote: »
    If there was any true democracy we'd all get a vote on our futures. They don't give us one, because they simply fear the outcome.

The closest the Irish people have ever gotten to a referendum on the immigration question was the 2004 Citizenship referendum. A landslide 79% of voters agreed to change the constitution so that anchor babies born on Irish soil would no longer be automatically considered Irish. From reading posts on here you would swear the entire country is all for refugees welcome but that doesn't line up with reality. The push back against Direct Provision centers in homogenous Irish villages in the West of Ireland was another tell tale sign that Paddy has observed the destruction and suffering immigration has caused in France, Germany and the UK and we are determined to not make the same mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭raclle

Danzy wrote: »
    This is early days and France will suffer attacks that will shock it to its core before it acts.

All of Europe faces the same, including ourselves.
    Why don't we all do something about it now than let it manifest?

raclle wrote: »
    Why don't we all do something about it now than let it manifest?

Because modern European politics is all about optics and being reactive, rather than vision and being proactive.

coinop wrote: »
    I stopped reading there.

Well... that's the other problem. Closed minds. Unwilling to read a paragraph or two, for fear it might contradict with your own opinions.
    Victim blaming drivel. It's not our responsibility to change to accommodate primitive sand people who live like it's the year 1245.

Duh. Perhaps you should have read more than one sentence then?

It's a complete and utter shït hole. Import people from the third world and you end up with one.

Sad but true. Now lessons must be learned for the rest of Europe.

It's not a **** hole. It's still a great country. Kinda. It's got a lot of positives to it, although the negatives are growing.. but TBF some of them are easily resolved. Just takes some balls to stand up to the EU and the UN.

Deport all useless non-native (native being French born) fcks, be prepared to reject citizenship based on behavior, tighten immigration, monitor all non-natives until they have proven (somehow) of their loyalty to the country. Just means telling all the virtue signalling politicians, NGO's, etc to piss off.

I've spent a lot of time in France at different periods of my life, and it can be an absolutely wonderful country to relax for a month or two. Wouldn't want to live there fulltime, but that's more to do with their Tax, local laws, and unions.

The closest the Irish people have ever gotten to a referendum on the immigration question was the 2004 Citizenship referendum. A landslide 79% of voters agreed to change the constitution so that anchor babies born on Irish soil would no longer be automatically considered Irish. From reading posts on here you would swear the entire country is all for refugees welcome but that doesn't line up with reality. The push back against Direct Provision centers in homogenous Irish villages in the West of Ireland was another tell tale sign that Paddy has observed the destruction and suffering immigration has caused in France, Germany and the UK and we are determined to not make the same mistakes.

It's not the belief that the Irish people want more immigration... It's that our political elite, and various government bodies have been hellbent on pushing the immigration line for decades now, regardless of what the population actually wants. It's the weakness of Irish democracy. When most of the parties like to show their virtue by importing low skilled labor, voting a party out doesn't make much of an impact. We also have a very vocal segment of society/media who want more immigrants to relieve us of our white guilt, and justify their needs for self-flagellation over racism and privilege.

The political parties are very good at doing what they want once they get into power (irrespective of the desires of the Electorate), and Irish people are very good at forgetting or forgiving what they did after a few years (FF remaining as a active party shows that....)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

old_aussie wrote: »
    Except Poland, rise up Winged Hussars.

Motto: Amor Patriae Nostra Lex (Love of the fatherland is our law)

Poland actually has a small but long established indigenous muslin population descended from Tatar soldiers in the service of the Polish Lithuanian commonwealth. But as they've successfully integrated into Polish society the new arrivals consider them apostates.

🙈🙉🙊

It's not a **** hole. It's still a great country. Kinda. It's got a lot of positives to it, although the negatives are growing.. but TBF some of them are easily resolved. Just takes some balls to stand up to the EU and the UN.

Deport all useless non-native (native being French born) fcks, be prepared to reject citizenship based on behavior, tighten immigration, monitor all non-natives until they have proven (somehow) of their loyalty to the country. Just means telling all the virtue signalling politicians, NGO's, etc to piss off.

I've spent a lot of time in France at different periods of my life, and it can be an absolutely wonderful country to relax for a month or two. Wouldn't want to live there fulltime, but that's more to do with their Tax, local laws, and unions.

I think it would be fair to say that France is a major mover and shaker in both the EU and the UN. I don’t think it would take a huge amount of balls for them to take a stand, I think their problem is more in their mentality of kicking the can down the road. Who likes making hard decisions of any magnitude? It is obvious to a blind man that the situation won’t be resolved without a relatively major sacrifice on their part, and most European nations have long since lost a taste for sacrifice of any kind. Let alone the French, who are famously in love with prosperity and hedonism :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

It's neither of those.
    It's the dopes in RTE sanctioning these guys to spout their nonsense on national TV with an air of credibility attached in an interview setting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Such a referendum now would be deeply, deeply divisive and would provoke strong anti-immigrant sentiments. The atmosphere would be toxic.

There were reports of Polish people and others being verbally abused on the streets in Britain in the wake of the Brexit vote and being told to "go home" : and that wasn't even supposed to be an immigration referendum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement