Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

Post of the day... brilliant !! :D

I heard that one of 'them Shinners' didn't wash their hands for over two hours one day last week.

Durty!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

Post of the day... brilliant !! :D

I heard that one of 'them Shinners' didn't wash their hands for over two hours one day last week.

I was thinking more about the £10k stolen by the senator. But this sh*t show is more serious.... for now. My moneys on more golf, drink driving or money laundering

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

joemurt wrote: »
    Ah.....very good Bubbaclaus, I mistook it for more of your snark. Thanks for pointing out to everyone I'm new here for some random reason. Your a gentleman. And still wrong.

Well when you came on here with the statement "This is a criminal matter. Has it been reported to the guards yet?" as your very first line in your very first post, without any additional details as to what law you felt was breached to require Garda intervention, I thought it was a ballsy move. I wanted to welcome this fella jumping straight in to deep end of the boards swimming pool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

Jesus there's people defending this? Hilarious and sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

On a serious note, how likely is it he'll have to walk over this?

Im thinking nothing will happen.

He needs to have a press conference and answer questions. If that's a ****show he will have to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

There goes the public information spiel.

https://twitter.com/lisabu1980/status/1322635134580019202?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 16,021 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

On the face of it, he may well have to do the perp walk. But if the gist of the story is true, I think his position as tanaiste and FG leader is untenable.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,875 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

On the face of it, he may well have to do the perp walk. But if the gist of the story is true, I think his position as tanaiste and FG leader is untenable.

Not a chance, he doesn't play golf AFAIK.

Based on the Journals timeline of events that they just uploaded, he will have no need to walk.

Gavan Reilly will be having a field day on Newstalk tomorrow so.

Will be interesting to see if any mention is made on BoC on RTE at the same time,

But who really gives a sht these days anyway, but we shall see I suppose.

• Advertisement

So did the NAGP agree this contract that was leaked? Did anyone benefit personally from it? Are the allegations more to do with procedure and breach of confidentiality?
    Is the taxpayer at a disadvantage as a result of what vardakar (and others?) did? Why is this coming out now? Will it be deflecting from some other sh*t show. These are the questions I want answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

jpfahy wrote: »
    Varadkar praying for some unrelated big news story to break tomorrow to deflect from this, I wonder will he get lucky?

Leo needs to get Damien English to pose naked for a photo under the headline 'Clothes are not essential', that ought to do it

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Based on the Journals timeline of events that they just uploaded, he will have no need to walk.

What does that reveal?

I'd say they are all at it. Just matters if you are caught.

Nail on the head.
    Good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

smurgen wrote: »

Leo's goose is cooked it would seem, self inflicted and all.

This tweet from young fine gael seems fairly ironic now.

https://twitter.com/yfg/status/1309523602291687424?s=19

Schitt creek is exactly where Leo appears to be now, and he's no paddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Sorolla

Who will be the next FG leader?
    It will be a female.
    The best candidate would be Mairead mc Guinness - she is highly respected and well liked in Brussels.

Uschi would jump at the chance to install Mairead as the next Taoiseach

Leo is toast

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Green Peter

Arrogance catched the best of people out, it was coming, either he falls on his sword or fine gael are finished, this won't go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Gavan Reilly will be having a field day on Newstalk tomorrow so.

Will be interesting to see if any mention is made on BoC on RTE at the same time,

But who really gives a sht these days anyway, but we shall see I suppose.

Brendan is off this weekend. Damien O Reilly was in today. I wonder will they bring in someone more "heavyweight" for tomorrow

Arrogance catched the best of people out, it was coming, either he falls on his sword or fine gael are finished, this won't go away.

It’s time to give SF the chance to govern in a coalition with FG

it is time for Ireland to have its first female Taoiseach

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

Bubbaclaus wrote: »

How do you come to that conclusion. Did you read the article? Tory boy is for the chop

What does that reveal?

Nothing. The IMO made the agreement public a week before the events published in the village.

Sorolla wrote: »
    Who will be the next FG leader?
    It will be a female.
    The best candidate would be Mairead mc Guinness - she is highly respected and well liked in Brussels.

Uschi would jump at the chance to install Mairead as the next Taoiseach

Leo is toast

Politicians rarely come home to domestic politics after entering the wild world of European politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

That's my first instinct as well, but then again I thought the same thing about Phil Hogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭foundation10

Leo is found out here but was only a matter of time.

Must be even more sickening when it was caused by a close friend.
    Will put strain on this Gov but pandemic will probably get them through it, Coveney next leader and Taoiseach in waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,816 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Lads, Varadkar (or any Govt member) for that matter, could behead a disabled child in their wheelchair in the middle of Grafton St at the moment and it wouldn't endanger the Government. Once Brexit is done and the back is broken of the pandemic, then maybe.

In any case, the Village has effed this big time in the way they went about it. They thought they had Watergate and it turns out they didn't even have golfgate. An absolute disservice to small and independent journalism.

Politicians rarely come home to domestic politics after entering the wild world of European politics.

Martin Schulz left the presidency of the European Parliament to run for the position as prime minister in Germany

How do you come to that conclusion. Did you read the article? Tory boy is for the chop

I did. New GP agreement was agreed on 3 April with the IMO (who represent 20% of GPs). Provided to the president of the NAGP (who represented 40% of GPs) shortly thereafter.

It's perfectly logical that a new agreement for all GPs was given to the president of a body that represented 40% of GPs.

Lots of opportunism going on here, don't think Leo will fall on the sword because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

Can you just imagine the skulduggery we don't know about!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Leo is found out here but was only a matter of time.

Must be even more sickening when it was caused by a close friend.
    Will put strain on this Gov but pandemic will probably get them through it, Coveney next leader and Taoiseach in waiting.

Coveney already failed a leadership campaign - he will not candidate again.

Simon Harris would be the most popular choice.

Mairead Mc Guinness would also be a very popular choice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement