Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gogglebox Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Shame that was the last episode, this series was slow to take off but finished very strongly.

How long is the wait between series, we were waiting well over 12 months for this one weren't we?

Hopefully not as long. Really enjoyed tonight’s episode again. I think I read somewhere they were trying to do a Christmas special with Irish living abroad

• Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Pity about the constant trump bashing once again. Seems to be a virgin media thing on all their programmes for some reason.

Welcome to reality. He's a worldwide joke, don't be precious thinking he's being singled out by Irish, or any, media.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Sparko

Very entertaining this week, even with the missing people due to covid restrictions. Really wish it was a longer run!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Its an Irish media thing, not just VM
    Pity about the constant trump bashing once again. Seems to be a virgin media thing on all their programmes for some reason.

It's a Trump thing, not a VM thing or an Irish media thing.

He's an orange fool, so don't be surprised when it gets called out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Treedays

Hope that Galway couple don't return next season, they seem like decent people but are as dull as dishwater to listen to.

• Advertisement

Treedays wrote: »
    Hope that Galway couple don't return next season, they seem like decent people but are as dull as dishwater to listen to.

First time he got animated was the tractors

First time he got animated was the tractors

And the breast feeding lol. I thoroughly enjoyed last nights episode, I hope we won't be waiting too long for the next series, the 3 young lads with their parents are getting much better imo, I suppose it takes a while to settle into it, great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

And the breast feeding lol. I thoroughly enjoyed last nights episode, I hope we won't be waiting too long for the next series, the 3 young lads with their parents are getting much better imo, I suppose it takes a while to settle into it, great show.

Yeah I would imagine you are quite self conscious at the beginning and then relax into it. The Limerick family are still brilliant and I love the daughter of the police man - she is always funny (cant remember their names!).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

I agree about the Saunders, they have definitely got better as the show went along. The eldest lad Alan I think it is is great.

I love the Ryan's in Limerick have since season 1, same goes for the Grufferty's. Last night's episode was actually very good I wasn't expecting it because some of the others would be missing.

Canaan, Pam and Jane in Mallow I feel don't add much to the show at all and I probably wouldn't even notice if they didn't return as bad as that is.

I'd guess that for the next series, they will be more inclined to pick families or groups living together to eliminate any Covid risks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

kopite386 wrote: »

I love the Ryan's in Limerick have since season 1, same goes for the Grufferty's. Last night's episode was actually very good I wasn't expecting it because some of the others would be missing.

I love the relationship she has with the boys. I was cracking up with the Cinderella joke, it clicked with me the same time it did with her, which added to it. :)

I love the relationship she has with the boys. I was cracking up with the Cinderella joke, it clicked with me the same time it did with her, which added to it. :)

Same as me, that was absolutely gas. Miss the 2 women with the Micheal T Higgins teacosy. Were they in this season at all ?

Exact same here ,I had to think about it for a few seconds lol. Also when they were teasing the younger son, I have a fella here who is the exact same so I could totally relate, I think that's the attraction of the show, mostly very normal people so very relatable, great selection tbh so well done whoever picks the families, missed the twins last night, they're gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Same as me, that was absolutely gas. Miss the 2 women with the Micheal T Higgins teacosy. Were they in this season at all ?

No I don't remember seeing the castleknock ladies at all. I like them but at times I think one is abit dismissive of the other, that comes across rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

The mother and the 2 lads are gas - love their dynamic - she is definitely winning at parenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,239 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Treedays wrote: »

They try too hard, very ott and just not funny and annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Danick wrote: »
    The mother and the 2 lads are gas - love their dynamic - she is definitely winning at parenting.

Definitely my favourites on the show, they've always been good though even when there was a better overall cast.

Wasn't sure about the family with the 3 sons at first [the family with the ex-copper dad] but they can be funny too, the mother is coming out of her shell a bit and one of the sons is hilarious with the dumb questions he asks :D

If I was to vote a couple households off, now that the season is over, I'd go with the dry Galways couple [she does my head in more than he does, he seems to at least try] and the couple from Tallaght [boxer shorts dude]

• Registered Users Posts: 85,239 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Cavan twins missing the tractor show was a let down though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Highest rating episode for it last night:

https://twitter.com/VirginMedia_One/status/1321872228963831809

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Americanisms

Not the biggest fan of Gogglebox, but at least it allows more public roasting of awful TV programmes, that TV companies wouldn't otherwise allow.

Find the British normal version much better than the Irish version too, there seems to be more thought put into the critiques of the British viewers, whereas the Irish people largely just play it safe with groupthink soundbites

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Dont mind that Galway couple to be honest. Seem like nice people. How are family from Cork still on it . The most boring people that have ever been on tv

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

I don't know who selects these people.

They're all awful.

Not very representative of Ireland at all either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Imagine u work in Penney’s and ur manager who is giving u orders Is on gogglebox and they are talking about how they stick their tongue in their partners ear, I mean like WTF? Do people have no shame nowadays, I’m be f*cking mortified. I just find it bizarre how people can share such private stuff on national tv.

I just think the whole thing is weird and can only imagine the sh*t that’s been said about them in store (Penney’s)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

I think they are boring basically the teacher(I think) and the GAA fella. I know so many people like them but they wouldn't be Gogglebox target market.

Wouldn't they be 100% the target market?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

fin12 wrote: »
    Imagine u work in Penney’s and ur manager who is giving u orders Is on gogglebox and they are talking about how they stick their tongue in their partners ear, I mean like WTF? Do people have no shame nowadays, I’m be f*cking mortified. I just find it bizarre how people can share such private stuff on national tv.

I just think the whole thing is weird and can only imagine the sh*t that’s been said about them in store (Penney’s)

They're probably given that story by producers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

sasta le wrote: »

No not at all - people tune in for witty comments and reactions - the Galway lad listed out what he had eaten that day on one of the shows.

fin12 wrote: »

Maybe they're mature enough, even at that relatively young age, to not give a toss about what is said about them by others?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,249 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

sasta le wrote: »

Not in my experience. Especially for the fella.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Maybe they're mature enough, even at that relatively young age, to not give a toss about what is said about them by others?

You can not care what others think and not have to plaster ur intimate personal details on national tv, do they actually think anyone wants to hear what goes on between the pair of them behind closed doors. If anything it shows how immature they are.

Advertisement