Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gogglebox Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

Anyone know what the pay is to appear on the show?

They don't get paid for it. They receive some take away food. They get paid on the UK series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭johnire

Is this because of the new restrictions?
    The Cavan twins are gone.
    Ladies from Donegal.
    David and John.
    Only two of the Cabra girls will feature.
    Tracy and Anita are gone.
    The two brothers from the Lucan family are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,354 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

johnire wrote: »
    Is this because of the new restrictions?

Yes!
    They may get a few of them in tonight but I’m not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,788 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

clickhere wrote: »
    They don't get paid for it. They receive some take away food. They get paid on the UK series.

Few free pizza's a week and they're happy!!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Not sure about the Irish one, but the UK participants get £1500 per month per household and any take-away they eat while filming is free - I would assume it's similar for the irish one. I remember when it was being launched here and Irish sites were running articles headlined 'Get paid to watch Tv'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

Not sure about the Irish one, but the UK participants get £1500 per month per household and any take-away they eat while filming is free - I would assume it's similar for the irish one. I remember when it was being launched here and Irish sites were running articles headlined 'Get paid to watch Tv'

I was very surprised when I was told that they don't get paid. I already said they were paid in the UK. That was some one involved in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Ah god that lady Janet crying there broke my heart. Does she live with the sister?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Jeeze that Galway couple would bore u to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

fin12 wrote: »
    Jeeze that Galway couple would bore u to death.

They are desperate!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,622 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Fcek off with your food intake, boring couple

• Advertisement

clickhere wrote: »

Are you serious no payment :eek:

Ignorant underpants guy, they are searching for him cause it’s out of character for him u asshole..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Greyhound mini! Oh jesus :):)

fin12 wrote: »
    Ignorant underpants guy, they are searching for him cause it’s out of character for him u asshole..

It's the socks that get me with him. Can't stand him!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,216 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Could see the impact of the restrictions on tonight's episode anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Mushy wrote: »
    Could see the impact of the restrictions on tonight's episode anyway.

It was actually hard to watch the despair and sadness in them. There was similar reactions in my own house when the announcements were made.
    The strain and anxiety this is causing people is being gravely underestimated, people are struggling a lot more this time around compared to last time and even tonight’s show confirmed that.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    It was actually hard to watch the despair and sadness in them. There was similar reactions in my own house when the announcements were made.
    The strain and anxiety this is causing people is being gravely underestimated, people are struggling a lot more this time around compared to last time and even tonight’s show confirmed that.

It would actually be good if Mehole Fartin was shown the reactions but I doubt he would care.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Ah god that lady Janet crying there broke my heart. Does she live with the sister?

No. She said that means I cant come to see you. I think they will be missing next week

• Registered Users Posts: 21,216 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

SusieBlue wrote: »

I actually only meant in terms of which people weren't on the show, but everything you say is true as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

What happened the 3 lads or the 2 lady's with the Michael d tea cosy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭gidget

What happened the 3 lads or the 2 lady's with the Michael d tea cosy?

I reckon for safe distancing purposes what would have had to be taken into consideration on why they’re not filming;

The two elderly ladies would be in the at risk category, so they’d have to stay in their own homes & wouldn't be able to visit each other.

The 3 friends, they’d have to set up 3 chairs 2 metres apart.

Also Tadgh & his nana would be in the same boat, she’d have to stay in her home, he'd have to keep a safe distance from her physically.

The Cavan twins are gone.
    Ladies from Donegal.
    David and John.
    Only two of the Cabra girls will feature.
    Tracy and Anita are gone.
    The two brothers from the Lucan family are gone.

Hopefully its the 2 cute ones from cabra.

Cavan twins and Tracey and Anita are a huge loss. Are David and John the two gay guys?

Hopefully its the 2 cute ones from cabra.

Cavan twins and Tracey and Anita are a huge loss. Are David and John the two gay guys?

Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Next weeks episode sis the last of the series , or so I heard on the radio. Don’t understand why the series are so short

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭deisedude

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Next weeks episode sis the last of the series , or so I heard on the radio. Don’t understand why the series are so short

To be fair its very difficult with half of the families now gone

Yes!

Just heard John from John and David on Newstalk. Tis himself alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Maz2016

deisedude wrote: »
    To be fair its very difficult with half of the families now gone

That’s the length of their series regardless of COVID

Watching back now. Bits of this would cheer you up. Virgin Media should be forced to extend this for the humour of the nation.

"I've dumped my Ghost Lover".

PMSL at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Sparko

Best show on Irish TV by a mile for me. I can't imagine it's overly expensive to produce, I wish it was on for longer runs.

• Advertisement

Maz2016 wrote: »

Yes finale just seen it advertised :(

Advertisement