Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gogglebox Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I'm finding that new younger couple from Galway really annoying, it's hard for me to see what they're bringing to the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Seamai wrote: »
    I'm finding that new younger couple from Galway really annoying, it's hard for me to see what they're bringing to the table.

Last week he listed out what he ate that day - eyes on the show James - eyes on the show!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,354 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think they are boring basically the teacher(I think) and the GAA fella. I know so many people like them but they wouldn't be Gogglebox target market.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

It's all done remotely, they turn up, install the cameras and leave. They just switch it on at sceduled times, 2 6hr sessions per week, same for all the households. Just like any job, they have to be there ready to go on time.

jaysis watching 12 hours of tv in two sessions a week certainly would feel like a job. Mad that all they get is some free pizza, you would at least expect them to get a few euro given the program is pulling in over 450k viewers

yeah they are a yawnfest, especially yer man who seems a bit dim

• Registered Users Posts: 17,788 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Think someone said they get 1500 a month. You'd want that at least in fairness.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Think someone said they get 1500 a month. You'd want that at least in fairness.

That's what I think they get - someone came on here sayin they don't get paid, I think that's BS and it's never been proven

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

That's what I think they get - someone came on here sayin they don't get paid, I think that's BS and it's never been proven

I'm the one who answered Mantis Toboggan question if they got paid. It's not BS and they don't get paid. Now I couldn't care less if you believe it or not. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

clickhere wrote: »
    I'm the one who answered Mantis Toboggan question if they got paid. It's not BS and they don't get paid. Now I couldn't care less if you believe it or not. Good luck.

How do you know? I'd be very surprised if they're giving up their time for nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

clickhere wrote: »

I couldn't remember who it was, not that it matters. When they were looking to recruit families the tag line was 'get paid to watch tv' - I don't actually care whether they do or not but I just can't see that many families commit to it for free.

The post above at least has some info, seems they do get paid, probably not much, not as much as the UK participants - but I knew they had to get something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Last episode this week

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

iseegirls wrote: »
    Ratings seem to have done well, with them recording their highest ever ratings for the show:
    https://twitter.com/VirginMedia_One/status/1314185677035184128

That's a brilliant number, particularly in the streaming/Netflix age! Great to see it's more popular than ever, it's a pretty simple format that obviously has long term sustainability. The UK one has been running over seven and a half years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

David and John will be a big loss in final 2 episodes, stars of the series so far

Lost respect for one of them last year. They made fun of the girl from the old UK gogglebox saying she looked like Marty Morrissey

He'd be first with the be kind hashtags on social media

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Lost respect for one of them last year. They made fun of the girl from the old UK gogglebox saying she looked like Marty Morrissey

He'd be first with the be kind hashtags on social media

Are you saying there's something wrong with how Marty looks?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Treedays

Tonight's episode is moved to 10pm to accommodate The Cube

I usually watch it at 10, so I can ffwd the ads, might just leave it and watch before the UK one tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,613 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It should be a 2 hour finale, fcek the cube

• Registered Users Posts: 2,688 ✭✭✭4Ad

Do that again Aine !!

"I wouldn't get up on him to get out of the 'Joy !!

Brilliant !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I wouldn't get up on him to get out of the joy! Is that what she said?? :):)

• Advertisement

4Ad wrote: »

Brilliant !!

Lol posts crossed. Hilarious

That was a great episode, the Cabra girls were hilarious !!

That was a great episode, the Cabra girls were hilarious !!

I'm with Ashley on the potato scale too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,613 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Brilliant !!

But she'd take his collection of fake tan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,652 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I'm with Ashley on the potato scale too :)

She didn't seem to have boiled potatoes anywhere on her scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Fair play to the Limerick lad bringing up the political bias in tv shows, unfortunately he is in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Pity about the constant trump bashing once again. Seems to be a virgin media thing on all their programmes for some reason.

Pity about the constant trump bashing once again. Seems to be a virgin media thing on all their programmes for some reason.

And Newstalk and Matt Cooper on TodayFM...

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Shame that was the last episode, this series was slow to take off but finished very strongly.

How long is the wait between series, we were waiting well over 12 months for this one weren't we?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Its an Irish media thing, not just VM

Advertisement