Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Joe Rogan Experience Podcasts

Options

Comments

See what happens if you watch too much of the Kardashians?..

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

Fair play for getting through 45 min, VT. Anyone see his response to the question around student debt? Saying that if he has all the information he knows he will make the best decision because he has the best taste on the planet. Holy moly.

In fairness though - 3 hours with Kanye is a pretty successful chapter in Joe's list of guests. I wonder who else he will get on. I think Obama, Letterman, Jim Carey, Tiger Woods, Jay Z or Beyonce, George Bush (both in Texas?) could all just be a matter of time.

I'd like to see Jim Carey I think.

I'll not be watching. Partly for my own sanity and partly because I don't want to be someone who partakes in watching someone going through a manic episode.

The god stuff is kinda annoying. I don't relate to it at all. Why did you want to become president? God told me in the shower.

If I reword it into "I came up with it myself and I'm so head strong and arrogant that I'm going to make it work" it kinda makes more sense. I'm almost jealous of those so deeply ingrained in religion if this ambition is a by product.

I really admire Rogan's ability to translate Kayne after a 20 minute rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Switched it off after 45 minutes, didn't enjoy it at all. Kanye's inane gibberish with Joe barely getting a word in.

I couldnt get past the first 30 minutes to be honest.
    Kanye is also a very overrated music producer, far from being innovative and often too loud and distorted

• Advertisement

Just over two hours into it. This podcast has completely changed my mind on him. I find these wacky characters quite fascinating. Add that with how huge he is. You cannot deny his success.

I thought he was a complete clown surrounded by yes men. While that is true to a degree, there are nuggets of wisdom throughout his verbal diarrhoea. Kayne is well aware of his scatter gun brain. He's well aware of his sometimes incomprehensible rants. Rogan does a good job of dissecting him when he gets a chance to speak. I highly recommend people try stick with this one if you were a kayne hater like I was. Like a lot of his music but found his personality to left wanting. I went from rolling my eyes to pondering quite a lot of poignant philosophical thoughts. He still does come out with quite a lot of clangers and running for president seems utterly insane. But I'm starting to believe Kayne when he says he's a visionary. Never ever thought I'd say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,535 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Just over two hours into it. This podcast has completely changed my mind on him. I find these wacky characters quite fascinating. Add that with how huge he is. You cannot deny his success.

I thought he was a complete clown surrounded by yes men. While that is true to a degree, there are nuggets of wisdom throughout his verbal diarrhoea. Kayne is well aware of his scatter gun brain. He's well aware of his sometimes incomprehensible rants. Rogan does a good job of dissecting him when he gets a chance to speak. I highly recommend people try stick with this one if you were a kayne hater like I was. Like a lot of his music but found his personality to left wanting. I went from rolling my eyes to pondering quite a lot of poignant philosophical thoughts. He still does come out with quite a lot of clangers and running for president seems utterly insane. But I'm starting to believe Kayne when he says he's a visionary. Never ever thought I'd say that.

To me Kanye has mental issues and is obviously on medication and thats not me slagging him off or "hating" on him, Just an honest take on the guy

• Registered Users Posts: 20,535 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I'll not be watching. Partly for my own sanity and partly because I don't want to be someone who partakes in watching someone going through a manic episode.

I agree with this he is not mentally stable,
    His own wife makes this public every so often and people seem to forget and go along with the hes just an artist or visionary you dont understand, Nope not at all hes got problems and he is on medication for it

To me Kanye has mental issues and is obviously on medication and thats not me slagging him off or "hating" on him, Just an honest take on the guy

And like many mentally damaged people he makes it for good entertainment. People laughing at him, while he probably needs good counseling

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

He doesn't appear to be going through a manic episode at the moment, or at least not on the JRE.
    His mental issues are well documented and for the most part I think it's really positive that someone with such issues is able to function to a v. high capacity and express himself too. People with such issues shouldn't be silenced or ignored, they've an important voice in an inclusive, tolerant society.

I only got through 45 minutes of this though, way too much God stuff for me and when he said there was "no racism in Japan" and other countries would do well to emulate them (paraphrasing here, I think, it was in one of the many rambles) I tuned out. It's a pity Joe allowed the interviewee to meander so much, or at least in the 45 minutes I heard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Hold onto yer panties - Alex Jones AND Tim Dillon just dropped.
    Over 3 hours.
    Yet to watch/listen, 2 minutes in AJ is yapping about Ghislaine Maxwell :=)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Hold onto yer panties - Alex Jones AND Tim Dillon just dropped.
    Over 3 hours.
    Yet to watch/listen, 2 minutes in AJ is yapping about Ghislaine Maxwell :=)

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

THEY'RE MAKING THE FROGS GAY!!!!!!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    THEY'RE MAKING THE FROGS GAY!!!!!!

Didn't take long to get a mention

https://youtu.be/jdVso9FSkmE?t=2082

Yes..

Quality..

Alex Jones is a legend.. just as an aside, I was looking for something about the Biden videos the other day and found AJ watching the video of the Chinese guy releasing them..

The video was playing and he was in the background going "Ching Chong..ding dong.."

It was hilarious..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

I see Joe announced on the he's doing an election night one with Kyle Kulinski

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

The uproar on Twitter to this podcast is unbelievable. People with "free speech activist" in their bio calling for the episode to be deleted and Joe to be cancelled.

US2 wrote: »
    The uproar on Twitter to this podcast is unbelievable. People with "free speech activist" in their bio calling for the episode to be deleted and Joe to be cancelled.

Really?..why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Really?..why?

Because it's Alex Jones ?

I imagine its the casual misinformation by the bucket load. You gotta know what to expect going in. This isn't some kind of news cast. I'm not gonna take a word AJ says seriously. I'll enjoy it for it is. It's funny seeing Rogan trying to be sensible one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I imagine its the casual misinformation by the bucket load. You gotta know what to expect going in. This isn't some kind of news cast. I'm not gonna take a word AJ says seriously. I'll enjoy it for it is. It's funny seeing Rogan trying to be sensible one.

Rogan did a good job of keeping him contained. Was a standard overly long Rogan episode with Jones dipping in from time to time.

I've always felt sorry (not a whole lot mind you) for Alex Jones. Same for Glenn Beck. Just consumed by it all. No way to live.

US2 wrote: »

The same people who have never listened to Joe but post about him being "Alt-Right" and want him taken down because he "gives a platform" to people with opinions different to theirs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

I listened to the first hour of Matthew McConaughey - and I really enjoyed it. He is a bit on the inspirational motivational speaker buzz and freely admits it, but he made some really good points. Plus he likes 9 and a half hours sleep a night - great :) After about 45 minutes I got tired of him talking about himself but that's cool, I got some inspiration from the first bit.

I am listening now to the interview with Glenn Greenwald. I don't really know much about Greenwald except sort of about the Snowden stuff which he covers in the beginning.
    Whatever about his alliances, and I think people can legitimately be a mix of all kinds of opinions, he has been recognised as a very good journalist At about 37 minutes Joe and Glenn start to talk about the Hunter and Joe Biden issue and how it is being COMPLETELY ignored by most popular media, how the New York Post is locked out of its Twitter account, and so on. And I agree with all of it. It has become a political thought crime to dare to think anything bad about Joe Biden. But my intuition is really zinging with this Biden corruption stuff. Something is going on there.
    It's a good segment. It goes from 37 minutes to 47 mins directly and then after that for a good while there is talk in and around the issue of Biden generally..

Gruffalux wrote: »

I am listening now to the interview with Glenn Greenwald. I don't really know much about Greenwald except sort of about the Snowden stuff which he covers in the beginning.
    Whatever about his alliances, and I think people can legitimately be a mix of all kinds of opinions, he has been recognised as a very good journalist At about 37 minutes Joe and Glenn start to talk about the Hunter and Joe Biden issue and how it is being COMPLETELY ignored by most popular media, how the New York Post is locked out of its Twitter account, and so on. And I agree with all of it. It has become a political thought crime to dare to think anything bad about Joe Biden. But my intuition is really zinging with this Biden corruption stuff. Something is going on there.
    It's a good segment. It goes from 37 minutes to 47 mins directly and then after that for a good while there is talk in and around the issue of Biden generally..

I'm 1.5 hours into it so far. One of the best podcasts from Joe Rogan, at least for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

• Registered Users Posts: 45,266 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Joe doesn't know what a fact check is! Made me laugh anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    Kanye is also a very overrated music producer, far from being innovative

Whatever your thoughts are on Kanye, the above is a crazy statement to make.

Whatever your thoughts are on Kanye, the above is a crazy statement to make.

There are so many talented producers out there, most of them unknown.
    Kanye sits in the same league as most of them in terms of his ability to produce 3 minutes loops and add vocals on them.

Innovation is something completely different

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    There are so many talented producers out there, most of them unknown.
    Kanye sits in the same league as most of them in terms of his ability to produce 3 minutes loops and add vocals on them.

Innovation is something completely different

I know this is a thread about Joe Rogan, but Kanye as done much more than what you're describing.

For example, his album 808s & Heartbreak, despite being a critical & commercial disappointment at the time, has gone on to be hugely influential in Hip Hop and beyond. The album features very few samples or loops.

In any case, producing a 3 minute loop and adding vocals is an artform in itself. And he's extremely good at it!

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    The same people who have never listened to Joe but post about him being "Alt-Right" and want him taken down because he "gives a platform" to people with opinions different to theirs.
    Sir Oxman wrote: »
    "They are essentially profiting from the platforming of, and giving exposure to, the most outrageous and fringe views in the desperate search for ad dollars and subscription revenues," said Imran Ahmed, chief executive of the Center for Countering Digital Hate."

When you're right, you're right!

Advertisement