Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Event - October 13th 2020

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Noddy45

peteeeed wrote: »
    Is the homepod mini getting a release here which the homepod never did

I doubt it. I know you can but it in the U.K. and have it shipped to you in Northern Ireland using an post scheme for it but I wonder will the HomePod work in Ireland at all?

Shn99 wrote: »
    anyone know why homepod isn’t available in Ireland?

I was told a couple of years ago that the HomePod isn’t available in Ireland because of the Irish accent...

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Doesn’t look like it at all. Can be purchased through U.K. store for delivery with Parcel Motel or alternatives.

But does it work in Ireland then? I’d like to buy two and use them for my Apple TV sound... will it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Noddy45 wrote: »
    But does it work in Ireland then? I’d like to buy two and use them for my Apple TV sound... will it work?

Yes. I have two. They work perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,379 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I was told a couple of years ago that the HomePod isn’t available in Ireland because of the Irish accent...

Who told you that?

It works on Siri and Siri has an Irish accent.

It's in the UK with lots of regional accents and it works there.

Why wouldn't it work in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭turfthrower

murpho999 wrote: »
    Who told you that?

It works on Siri and Siri has an Irish accent.

It's in the UK with lots of regional accents and it works there.

Why wouldn't it work in Ireland?

Yeah I have a set of homepods and love them. Amazing sound. The only problem I have with them and it actually seems to have improved lately, is asking them to play RTÉ radio. The pronounciation of the r seems to throw Siri a little.

But as I said, they seemed to have improved lately. Otherwise no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Will you guys be ordering the HomePod mini?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I'll be ordering one from the Apple UK store on Nov 6th. Exactly what I wanted in an Apple smart speaker, most of the benefits of the normal HomePod, albeit slightly less powerful sound, and at a competitive price.

Mainly want one to use as a HomeKit hub, but the integration with the Apple ecosystem will probably mean I get far more use out of it. Currently have an echo dot and I prefer that Apple tries their best when it comes to privacy compared to Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Pete123456

DubDJ wrote: »
    I'll be ordering one from the Apple UK store on Nov 6th. Exactly what I wanted in an Apple smart speaker, most of the benefits of the normal HomePod, albeit slightly less powerful sound, and at a competitive price.

Mainly want one to use as a HomeKit hub, but the integration with the Apple ecosystem will probably mean I get far more use out of it. Currently have an echo dot and I prefer that Apple tries their best when it comes to privacy compared to Amazon.

I agree, I’ll probably order one or more in the next few months, I have an echo, a dot, a google home mini and an echo speaker add on, but would happily bang them up on adverts to replace with HomePods I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,831 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

peteeeed wrote: »

Seems you can now sign up for it via the Subscriptions screen in both the Settings and App Store apps in the US, but I don’t see it here yet.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/30/21541685/apple-one-subscription-individual-family-premier-music-tv-plus-arcade-icloud-news-fitness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

Seems you can now sign up for it via the Subscriptions screen in both the Settings and App Store apps in the US, but I don’t see it here yet.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/30/21541685/apple-one-subscription-individual-family-premier-music-tv-plus-arcade-icloud-news-fitness

It’s on mine, prob still rolling it out. Not gonna sign up for this yet, have arcade and tv free until January/February so I’ll sign up after those are up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,831 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Zhane wrote: »
    It’s on mine, prob still rolling it out. Not gonna sign up for this yet, have arcade and tv free until January/February so I’ll sign up after those are up.

I’ll keep an eye out for it.

I’ve Apple TV+ free until February 2022 (got a year free sub with my MacBook, then they added another year onto the end of it when I got my iPad), and I subscribe to 2GB iCloud, so I don’t think it makes sense for me to get it either yet. I’m currently paying €14.99 for family Apple Music (and I’d need Apple One Family), so it all depends on what they’re charging to upgrade the iCloud storage - but I assume it’ll stay at €9.99.

Advertisement