Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Event - October 13th 2020

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

With the Apple W1 chip does that mean the earphones can swap between Mac and iPhone without having to manually remove from one device every time? I think the Airpods Pro do that with the latest update but if these do also its a great price.

They support switching via iCloud but I don't think they support automatic switching.

With the Apple W1 chip does that mean the earphones can swap between Mac and iPhone without having to manually remove from one device every time? I think the Airpods Pro do that with the latest update but if these do also its a great price.

My Bose Qc35s do this, well if I’m understanding correctly.

If I’m listening to music on the mac and my phone rings the music pauses in the Mac and I can take the call on the iphone and the second I finish the call the music resumes on the Mac.

I also get notification sounds in my ears from the phone while listening to music or on zoom from the Mac.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,888 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

My Bose Qc35s do this, well if I’m understanding correctly.

It’s similar. The QC35 functionality allows you to be connected to two devices and switch between them as you described. The AirPod/Beats functionality allows you to switch between an number of supported devices that you’re signed into in iCloud.

The advantage of the Bose way is that they don’t have to be Apple devices, it’ll work with any Bluetooth audio device.

The advantage of the Apple way is that you can use more than 2 devices, and you don’t have to manually connect them (just sign into iCloud).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

Guys so I ordered an iPad Air on Friday and got confirmation email and all but couldn’t get any order info on my Apple page. Basically showing I had no orders.

I’ve since discovered that I ordered through another Apple ID that I have. They are very similar (use one for the UK store) so I used the “UK” one by mistake, even though I bought from the Irish store.

Order is showing as preparing to dispatch and all when I check.

My question is. It doesn’t really make any difference does it that I bought it through one account and will be setting up and using in another? I guess it will show up in my devices when I register it under my original ID?

If I have an issue will I have to use the email I bought it under Orr the one it’s registered to? They are both gmail accounts with just a “.” In the difference in them and emails for both go to the one account. (Gmail can’t distinguish)

I could cancel and re order but mines due on Friday and there’s now a 2-3 week wait for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

No it wouldn’t matter. Just sign in with the correct account when it arrives!

• Advertisement

Pacifico wrote: »
    No it wouldn’t matter. Just sign in with the correct account when it arrives!

Cheers for that. Too late to cancel anyway as it’s preparing to ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Downloaded

Hi - Random Question - Does anyone know the type of Sofa used in the Homepod Mini house mock-up!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Bawnboylad wrote: »
    Hi - Random Question - Does anyone know the type of Sofa used in the Homepod Mini house mock-up!?

An iSofa? :D If you grab a screenshot and try a reverse image search you might find similar style sofa's.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Be prepared for it to be stupidly expensive too :)

Be prepared for it to be stupidly expensive too :)

Cushions sold separately :P

• Advertisement

Payment taken for my iPad Air. Dunno if that means it might ship a bit early.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

adox wrote: »
    Payment taken for my iPad Air. Dunno if that means it might ship a bit early.

Normally a good sign, my watch series 6 shipped before it was scheduled when I initially bought it

Ipad Air has shipped. Still down for delivery tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

Mine has shipped too. App says tomorrow, the text says before the 27/10/2020. Not waiting on it but hopefully it will be tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Thelonious

This cock sucker better land on me desk tomoro paid a thousand pound for the plaesure

Thelonious wrote: »
    This cock sucker better land on me desk tomoro paid a thousand pound for the plaesure

Jesus, they kept that feature quiet! Definitely getting one now!

Jesus, they kept that feature quiet! Definitely getting one now!

If it can do that my boyfriend of 4 years is gone lol

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Thelonious

They are after sending the jaysus thing to germany these boys don't kno what they are at !!

Thelonious wrote: »
    They are after sending the jaysus thing to germany these boys don't kno what they are at !!

Once Christmas I bought stuff on Amazon UK and I tracked it and it was shipped for the UK to Germany then back to Ireland why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Once Christmas I bought stuff on Amazon UK and I tracked it and it was shipped for the UK to Germany then back to Ireland why?

Modern logistics operate on a hub and spoke model for maximum efficiency

• Advertisement

My iPad Air arrived in Dublin this morning from the Uk and due for delivery today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

iPad Air for me and phone for my husband both arriving today!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Argos taking the absolute p8ss!! Charging €700 for the new 64GB iPad Air!!

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Argos taking the absolute p8ss!! Charging €700 for the new 64GB iPad Air!!

They aren't charging €700.

Also it's a major revamp from the previous models.

Looks to me like they are. And regardless of how much of a revamp it is, Apple are only charging €667.95.

530284.png

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8349275/Trail/searchtext%3EIPAD+AIR.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 28,386 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Also it's a major revamp from the previous models.

They are and the revamp is nothing to with Argos.

It's for salon Apple for €667 so Argos have jacked the price up.

Solution: Don't buy from them.

Thing is UK Apple price is £579 an Argos are charging that in UK> So why rip off Irish customers?

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8349275?clickSR=slp:term:ipad%20air:8:508:1

Apologies to the OP. I read it as "Apple" not "Argos" hence my response.

That will teach me to read on my phone while walking.

My comment about the revamp must seem especially weird now.

Argos have always charged over the RRP on Apple products. Even accessories are usually a few euro more expensive. Must be unhappy with the profit margins Apple give them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,386 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

DubDJ wrote: »
    Argos have always charged over the RRP on Apple products. Even accessories are usually a few euro more expensive. Must be unhappy with the profit margins Apple give them.

In Ireland only though, not UK.

• Advertisement

They do it because they can.

Advertisement