Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Got a mail about 20 or 30 mins later.

I got the mail eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭recyclops

Astrobot looks like the perfect thing for a miserable lockdown

Yep think I'll go for astrobot too. Cyberpunk delay works out pretty well for Christmas imho. I'll have that to enjoy over the Christmas season. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

Just a quick update on the Platestation faceplates they took down that site and their Twitter, rumour is they ran into legal issues with Sony. They’ve put a new site up https://www.customizemyplates.com but all products are out of stock.

They’ve issued full refunds so it doesn’t appear to be a scam they may have just over sold, under estimated demand or Sony made them make changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

Launch day and then a week off work :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Crash Insane Trilogy and Black Ops 3 added to the PS Plus Collection

From Worldwide Studios:

Bloodborne
    Days Gone
    Detroit: Become Human
    God of War
    Infamous Second Son
    Ratchet and Clank
    The Last Guardian
    The Last of Us Remastered
    Until Dawn
    Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
    From our third-party publishers and developers:

Batman: Arkham Knight
    Battlefield 1
    Call of Duty: Black Ops III – Zombies Chronicles Edition
    Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
    Fallout 4
    Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition
    Monster Hunter: World
    Mortal Kombat X
    Persona 5
    Resident Evil 7 biohazard

That's a great list of games right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,603 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I missed that persona 5 was on that list, wanted to try that for ages.

As for COD 3 zombie chronicles, does anyone know if that's a remaster of the previous zombie story modes that had a group of celebs running around? I always wanted to play that, sounded fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

https://youtu.be/cOxuvUJ84Yk

Digital foundry first ps5 video is up

I think it is a great idea putting Astrobots on the console. Not only will players play it but developers will too. Show casing the controller will start getting it implemented into more third party published games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,942 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I missed that persona 5 was on that list, wanted to try that for ages.

As for COD 3 zombie chronicles, does anyone know if that's a remaster of the previous zombie story modes that had a group of celebs running around? I always wanted to play that, sounded fun.

From the official site
    This content expansion delivers 8 remastered classic Zombies maps from Call of Duty®: World at War, Call of Duty®: Black Ops and Call of Duty®: Black Ops II. Complete maps from the original saga are fully remastered and HD playable, within Call of Duty®: Black Ops III.

Also the PlayStation app update is now available. Looks very slick but the store still does not have filter option

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Does AC Valhalla have the free upgrade to PS5 if you get the PS4 version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,908 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

lads as someone who hasnt gamed properly in years and doesnt have a huge amount of time (thats what has tempted to the newest gen, fast loading times and resume etc, i had a onex and sold it as it took too long to get started!) what games should i be looking to get?

Ill get Fifa, and a racing game but that aside what are the best single player adventure or FPS games on playstation now?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Cyrus wrote: »
    lads as someone who hasnt gamed properly in years and doesnt have a huge amount of time (thats what has tempted to the newest gen, fast loading times and resume etc, i had a onex and sold it as it took too long to get started!) what games should i be looking to get?

Ill get Fifa, and a racing game but that aside what are the best single player adventure or FPS games on playstation now?
    These might be a good start:

The Last of Us Part 2
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare
    Uncharted 4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

Does AC Valhalla have the free upgrade to PS5 if you get the PS4 version?
    yes it €55 in Smyths click and collect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

SomeSayKos wrote: »

The Last of Us Part 2
    Uncharted 4

theres a new Call of Duty out next week, id wait an get that on PS5 then get MW when its reduced if you only want the campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

The Last of Us Part 2
    Uncharted 4

Jesus, far better games out there than Uncharted 4. Go for Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War instead of that. The Uncharted Trilogy remaster are also way more fun than U4. Days Gone is also a fantastic game that is really hamstrung by the first five or six hours of the protagonist being completely underpowered - after that it turns into a great game imo.

Jesus, far better games out there than Uncharted 4. Go for Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War instead of that. The Uncharted Trilogy remaster are also way more fun than U4. Days Gone is also a fantastic game that is really hamstrung by the first five or six hours of the protagonist being completely underpowered - after that it turns into a great game imo.
    The poster said they don't have a lot of time for gaming so I thought i'd recommend some short-ish games.

Finished Days Gone yesterday. Fantastic wouldn't be a word I'd use to describe it. I'd say it's grand! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

This may have been answered but will the astrobot preloaded on the ps5 have any VR specific levels/zones? Or any benefit at all to VR users?

This may have been answered but will the astrobot preloaded on the ps5 have any VR specific levels/zones? Or any benefit at all to VR users?
    sadly no

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

sadly no

That's a shame but I'm sure we will get a new full game sometime in 2021.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

Cyrus wrote: »

FPSes on PS Now of note:

Doom (2016)
    WOLFENSTEIN: THE NEW ORDER
    WOLFENSTEIN: THE OLD BLOOD
    WOLFENSTEIN 2: THE NEW COLOSSUS

Killzone Shadowfall (PS4 launch title, not great but not as bad as some say. )

Dishonored 2 - FPS perspective but more a steam punk stealth 'em up. Excellent game.

Not on PS Now but free to play is Destiny 2

Adventure wise (well Action Adventure or Action RPG anyway):

Bloodbourne
    The Surge
    Lords of the Fallen

Full list of PS NOW games:

https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/ps-now/ps-now-games/#all-ps-now-games

• Registered Users Posts: 27,926 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Niska wrote: »
    FPSes on PS Now of note:

Doom (2016)

Dishonored 2 - FPS perspective but more a steam punk stealth 'em up. Excellent game.

Bloodbourne
    The Surge
    Lords of the Fallen

Doom (2016)
    Dishonored 2

Probably a good chance of those being removed at some stage seeing as Microsoft bought Bethesda.?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,387 ✭✭✭✭Penn

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Doom (2016)
    Dishonored 2

Probably a good chance of those being removed at some stage seeing as Microsoft bought Bethesda.?

No. Odds are we won't get sequels to those games, but they're not going to pull the existing games.

Penn wrote: »
    but they're not going to pull the existing games.

Has that been said anywhere?

I assume Sony pay a monthly/yearly license fee to have those games on PS so once the contract is up there's always a chance it won't be renewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,374 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Penn wrote: »
    No. Odds are we won't get sequels to those games, but they're not going to pull the existing games.

are you talking about PS Now, or just PS with this statement?

I don't think for one moment MS will remove these titles from the PS ecosystem in general terms, but I can't see MS allowing them to be on Playstations subscription service for any longer than they need to

I don't think for one moment MS will remove these titles from the PS ecosystem in general terms, but I can't see MS allowing them to be on Playstations subscription service for any longer than they need to

I assumed he was talking about PSNow seeing as that's what the OP asked about?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,387 ✭✭✭✭Penn

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Has that been said anywhere?

I assume Sony pay a monthly/yearly license fee to have those games on PS so once the contract is up there's always a chance it won't be renewed.

Sorry yes, I meant from PS as a whole. They might be taken off PS Now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I ordered Watch Dogs Legion on PS4 there as it has free ps5 upgrade...

What is the difference between ps4 version and ps5 version I see theres one for each available to buy?

Do I get the free ps5 upgrade with all the ps5 benefits?.. or is it a downgraded ps5 version?..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

Niska wrote: »
    FPSes on PS Now of note:

Doom (2016)

Bloodbourne
    The Surge
    Lords of the Fallen

The new wolfenstein games weren't really good wouldn't miss them but that what I think.

• Advertisement

I ordered Watch Dogs Legion on PS4 there as it has free ps5 upgrade...

What is the difference between ps4 version and ps5 version I see theres one for each available to buy?

Do I get the free ps5 upgrade with all the ps5 benefits?.. or is it a downgraded ps5 version?..

PlayStation 5 Enhancements:
    Raytracing
    Loading times reduced by the ultra-high-speed SSD
    Adaptive triggers enable "hand-tuned responses"
    Upgrade your PS4 copy to PS5 for free

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement