Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Evilbart

I ordered Watch Dogs Legion on PS4 there as it has free ps5 upgrade...

What is the difference between ps4 version and ps5 version I see theres one for each available to buy?

Do I get the free ps5 upgrade with all the ps5 benefits?.. or is it a downgraded ps5 version?..

Which games are eligible for upgrade from PlayStation 4 or Xbox One to PlayStation 5 to Xbox Series X|S at no additional cost?
    ANSWER:
    It’s another exciting year in gaming as players worldwide anticipate the release of the next generation consoles, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. We are happy to share that physical and digital copies of Watch Dogs: Legion, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, and Far Cry 6 are eligible to be upgraded from current generation to next generation consoles at no additional cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

I ordered Watch Dogs Legion on PS4 there as it has free ps5 upgrade...

What is the difference between ps4 version and ps5 version I see theres one for each available to buy?

Do I get the free ps5 upgrade with all the ps5 benefits?.. or is it a downgraded ps5 version?..

It'd be a full upgrade to the PS 5 version. If it's the disk version:

Upgrade to PlayStation®5 Version: Assassin's Creed Valhalla PlayStation®4 game on Blu-ray Disc™ must be kept inserted in a PlayStation®5 console to play the corresponding Assassin's Creed Valhalla PlayStation®5 digital version at no additional cost, when available.

More info here:

https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/faqs/55850

and here:

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/24pOdAVM0hnCzWWFiXxPga/ubisoft-on-the-next-generation-of-consoles-get-the-details
    PlayStation 5: Ray tracing on PlayStation 5 will immerse players in a city full of digital screens, holograms, and neon lights, while players can also take advantage of the Tempest 3D Audio engine to bring London to life by hearing every passing car, talking pedestrian, or drone flying overhead. Thanks to the ultra-high speed SSD, loading times will be dramatically reduced, allowing for even quicker fast-travel and seamless high-speed drives across London. Adaptive triggers enable players to enjoy hand-tuned responses, elevating the visceral feeling of high-tension moments. And lastly, you can upgrade your PlayStation 4 copy of the game to the PlayStation 5** version at no additional cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

PlayStation 5 Enhancements:
    Raytracing
    Loading times reduced by the ultra-high-speed SSD
    Adaptive triggers enable "hand-tuned responses"
    Upgrade your PS4 copy to PS5 for free

Aye I saw this so I assume both copies are the exact same?..

I was thinking the free upgrade may mean just that game was playable on ps5... so I assume graphics wise both copies will run the same on ps5 then?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,898 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

rob808 wrote: »
    The new wolfenstein games weren't really good wouldn't miss them but that what I think.

They're one of the few games that used to give me motion sickness so haven't even tried one in about 5-6 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Niska wrote: »
    FPSes on PS Now of note:

Doom (2016)
    WOLFENSTEIN: THE NEW ORDER
    WOLFENSTEIN: THE OLD BLOOD
    WOLFENSTEIN 2: THE NEW COLOSSUS

Killzone Shadowfall (PS4 launch title, not great but not as bad as some say. )

Dishonored 2 - FPS perspective but more a steam punk stealth 'em up. Excellent game.

Not on PS Now but free to play is Destiny 2

Adventure wise (well Action Adventure or Action RPG anyway):

Bloodbourne
    The Surge
    Lords of the Fallen

Full list of PS NOW games:

https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/ps-now/ps-now-games/#all-ps-now-games

thank you for this, sorry what i meant was available on playstation at the moment, not only on ps plus now, poor choice of words!!:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,336 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Cyrus wrote: »
    thank you for this, sorry what i meant was available on playstation at the moment, not only on ps plus now, poor choice of words!!:p

If you're just referring to PS in general, your best bet would be to sign up to PS+ to get access to the PS+ Collection, some of the best PS4 games.
    Bloodborne
    Days Gone
    Detroit: Become Human
    God of War
    Infamous Second Son
    Ratchet and Clank
    The Last Guardian
    The Last of Us Remastered
    Until Dawn
    Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
    Batman: Arkham Knight
    Battlefield 1
    Call of Duty: Black Ops III – Zombies Chronicles Edition
    Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
    Fallout 4
    Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition
    Monster Hunter: World
    Mortal Kombat X
    Persona 5
    Resident Evil 7 biohazard

Some amazing games there that'll definitely keep you busy, especially if you skipped the PS4 generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

For anyone switching from Xbox or even just coming back to a console after skipping a generation, signing up to PS Plus to avail of that collection is a no brainer imo, some incredible games in there for anyone with a Plus subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

bazzz wrote: »
    For those looking to get the camera adapter for the PS4 Camera to use PSVR on PS5. The page is now live to request it. Although it's not fully functional yet. It might send you in a loop. But I'd imagine it'll work properly soon.

Legend. Was looking all over cos there was a link on the main playstation site that pointed to the form for each country but it 404d for Ireland. I'd even emailed Sony Ireland France Germany and UK lol.

Got it in now. Can not wait!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Is that ps plus collecting going to also be available for ps4 owners?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Is that ps plus collecting going to also be available for ps4 owners?

Just PS5 at the moment

• Advertisement

I've seen some talk that there'll be more Demon's Souls info at 1, guess we don't have long to find out if that's true

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

shrewdness wrote: »
    For anyone switching from Xbox or even just coming back to a console after skipping a generation, signing up to PS Plus to avail of that collection is a no brainer imo, some incredible games in there for anyone with a Plus subscription.

This is exactly where I am. I'm not jumping at too many launch titles and Cyberpunk is pushed back so I'll probably be taking a look at this first, most likely God of War.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I KNOW I don't have the patience for endless dying, I KNOW I didn't play much of the original at all because it just didn't do it for me, and yet that game looks so amazing I'm wondering when I'll get it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭padair

Die die die --> controller gets smashed on the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I've never played the game so I could be totally wrong but does the gameplay and movement of characters look kinda stiff from those videos or is just me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I've never played the game so I could be totally wrong but does the gameplay and movement of characters look kinda stiff from those videos or is just me ?

Shouldn't it be though, wearing all that chain mail / suit of armour?

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Shouldn't it be though, wearing all that chain mail / suit of armour?

True I never taught of that actually haha!

asked this seperately but maybe better asked in here:

I see you can get a one year sub on cd keys for 25 euro but that can only be used on a US account, do people set one up? or is it not possible?

Anyway to get an irish sub cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Check it - https://twitter.com/ErikFossum/status/1321794690572816389

Brief video showing how the triggers implement the resistance features. That's pretty damn cool.

• Advertisement

asked this separately but maybe better asked in here:

I see you can get a one year sub on cd keys for 25 euro but that can only be used on a US account, do people set one up? or is it not possible?

Anyway to get an irish sub cheaper?

I've always had a separate login with a US account an EU account and an Asian account.

That way you can get the best offers on all the stores.

Signing up to plus on anything other then my main account though I never bothered.

I've always had a separate login with a US account an EU account and an Asian account.

That way you can get the best offers on all the stores.

Signing up to plus on anything other then my main account though I never bothered.

so do most people just pay the standard rate for plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Wing126 wrote: »

Brief video showing how the triggers implement the resistance features. That's pretty damn cool.

Will you be able to turn that off? I can see that feature being an absolute nightmare with my carpal tunnel.

so do most people just pay the standard rate for plus?

You get deals on Plus officially usually at some stage during the year from Sony themselves.

I've never got one from a third party site but im sure they do at certain times as well if you key an eye on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Will you be able to turn that off? I can see that feature being an absolute nightmare with my carpal tunnel.

It's down to a game by game basis whether or not it's implemented, so it really would depend on the developer. Nothing official has been said about being able to disable it as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭quokula

I think it's a case of the detail and lighting being brought to modern levels, but the underlying animations remaining more true to the original, which is probably necessary to keep the gameplay the same.

I've never played it either though, everything I heard about it just puts me off, I don't see the appeal of extremely high difficulty games, I have limited enough time as it is without having to replay sections over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Wing126 wrote: »

I’m starting to get properly excited for the console now. The controller along with 3D audio is going to be a welcomed change to just pushing for better graphics as most gens have done

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

I hadn't pulled the trigger on any accessories or games as wasn't sure when the console was going to arrive with the lack of the Gamestop updates. Slightly regretting that now.

Should have picked up the Pulse 3d headset and controller charging station before they ran out of stock everywhere.
    May figure out what games to pick up now, could go the download from play store route.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

jammer84 wrote: »
    I hadn't pulled the trigger on any accessories or games as wasn't sure when the console was going to arrive with the lack of the Gamestop updates. Slightly regretting that now.

Should have picked up the Pulse 3d headset and controller charging station before they ran out of stock everywhere.
    May figure out what games to pick up now, could go the download from play store route.
    same here didn't expect the pluse 3d and charinging station to run out so quick.I would thought they would had good supply of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭Cotts72

jammer84 wrote: »

I ordered a 3rd party venom charging Dock on amazon for £14. Had one for my xbox and found it great might be of interest to some

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement