Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Augeo wrote: »
    I'd be interested to see receipts for turbo (to see who did it & why & how many miles done since)..... Could be buying trouble. A 14 year old 250k kms 730d needing a turbo is approaching scrap territory IMO.

It would be a shame to scrap that for the sake of a turbo. That said i wpuldnt be expecting to see bmw receipts for new turbo. It probably got a used turbo from a breaker but if all is well now, its fair game.
    My fear is that something like that might be eating turbos for some reason that hasnt been addressed.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2001-bmw-728i/25964806?campaign=14

Sticking with the 7 series theme but a more classic design. Wonder if it was spec'ed with the James Bond remote remote control? These things are glorious IMO

Always loved that model of 7 series. Didn't a regular poster on here have a 740i?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭CoBo55

mickdw wrote: »
    It would be a shame to scrap that for the sake of a turbo. That said i wpuldnt be expecting to see bmw receipts for new turbo. It probably got a used turbo from a breaker but if all is well now, its fair game.
    My fear is that something like that might be eating turbos for some reason that hasnt been addressed.

That would be my worry too...

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Nexo

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Nexo wrote: »

who scobed out that, looks awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Philip M5

The last 2001 model year always popped up odd spec combos, I don't think i've seen a 728i before with double glazing. Adaptive suspension too which is nice.

What is a 728i like for running as a daily in comparison to 740i?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭trellheim

who scobed out that, looks awful
    a decent looking 460 nothing wrong with sticking thin rims on if you like that look

no mileage and no NCT hmmm tho for something that should sail through also inside not the cleanest and the mats look off . I used to drive LS's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

https://youtu.be/M3q0nDp3flE

History of the Mercedes flagships including all versions of S class and their predecessors. Decent interesting video

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Suspension on that LS looks fcuked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

thats a decent machine for an alright price,.

Well I was going to waste his time but he doesn't want any of those! Ah well! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Well I was going to waste his time but he doesn't want any of those! Ah well! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You must get around Donedeal a lot, tonnes of ads say no dreamers!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Philip M5 wrote: »
    What is a 728i like for running as a daily in comparison to 740i?

Not a huge difference in the cost of ownership, if I was getting another it would be a 740i or 750i for sure. The 728i did about 38mpg, at motorway speeds, the 740 probably 28ish. Both are poor around town.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/bmw740i-full-service-history-6-450-ono/26240092

MzQyYTUxYzcwYjBlY2VhNmI2Zjc4Mzk1ZWU2NTAzOTJClSJ-tebkXdph4l_sxp_IaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTkyNTQ2NzR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Nice looking 740i with full service history, €6500

Comfort seats and sunroof are the only nice extras I cane pick out of the photos, but our resident e38 experts might be able to point out more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

Do the front seats look a different colour.

mickdw wrote: »

Which is why I'd like to see who did it, I'm not suggesting I'd expect it to have been done by BMW workshop.

Essentially I'd worry all isn't well depending who did it & why it needed doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Not a for sale post.
    Caught up with this barge today, plodding along 40 kph, smelt it long before I saw it, 08 S class, don't think a gallon of petrol and an Italian tune up would sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

homingbird wrote: »
    Do the front seats look a different colour.

Just a well worn drivers seat by the looks of it.
    Not many bums in that passenger seat.

Not a for sale post.
    Caught up with this barge today, plodding along 40 kph, smelt it long before I saw it, 08 S class, don't think a gallon of petrol and an Italian tune up would sort it.

If it's a OM642 then best case the PCV breather diaphragm might be split/leaking........... or it could be totally t0ssed. Looks like they are just pootling about slowly there on that road?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭E36Ross

Would like to shift this in the next few days, Uncertain the way work is going to go so be nice to have this gone to a new home before we're all locked in again.

2006 W220 S320 NCT until Feb and its taxed until June!

MzE4YzA3MTAzMzE3MjRlMzhhZjViZDhmMzhlYTM4ODgnhy_-KRJGUg3TQmRK6wkcaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTc3NjU1OTB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-s320cdi-quotlong-tax-nct-quot/26086144

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/bmw740i-full-service-history-6-450-ono/26240092

MzQyYTUxYzcwYjBlY2VhNmI2Zjc4Mzk1ZWU2NTAzOTJClSJ-tebkXdph4l_sxp_IaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTkyNTQ2NzR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Nice looking 740i with full service history, €6500

Comfort seats and sunroof are the only nice extras I cane pick out of the photos, but our resident e38 experts might be able to point out more

Only thing I can pick out is that it should be in the dreamers thread. :pac:
    Prefacelift 97 E38 with 136k miles in SE guise, not worth more than €2500 in my eyes.

You'd get a cracking facelift lower miles M-Sport 740 or even slightly higher miles 750 for what hes looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Nexo wrote: »
    Change Of Vehicle Ownership
    Transferred to an Individual on: 12/09/2020
    Notified on: 15/09/2020

I wonder what the latest owner found out that it needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,146 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

the_syco wrote: »

and trying to sell without a NCT , too many warning signs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Suspension is ****ed and won't pass ovality test..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/2001/26292853

Looks ok for the money. 1 owner, blokia phone holder. Nice interior.

Truckermal wrote: »
    Suspension is ****ed and won't pass ovality test..

Suspension being fncked would fail the suspension test not the ovality test surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Interslice wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/2001/26292853

Looks ok for the money. 1 owner, blokia phone holder. Nice interior.

Might be worth a punt if it came with a new Nokia 6210!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nct/26299429

MWNlYWQ3ZjRkODNhM2YyNzQ3MTE2ZmI3ODI4ZjFiOTQg_zPxQTVTD1qaxvSdRpIqaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjAyNTgwNjh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Risky diesel S Class with (short) NCT for €1200

Spec looks alright too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

MWNlYWQ3ZjRkODNhM2YyNzQ3MTE2ZmI3ODI4ZjFiOTQg_zPxQTVTD1qaxvSdRpIqaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjAyNTgwNjh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Spec looks alright too

Being sold between Clare hall shopping centre and blunden drive, no prizes for guessing. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Spec looks alright too
    From the ad;
    Going well call for info thanks
    If the NCT is due 08/12/2020, I'm wondering if the NCT actually went in August, and the December date is the COVID extension? Because if it is, I suspect a lemon, or something pricey that needs done, as
    Transferred to an Individual on: 21/10/2020
    Notified on: 21/10/2020
    They bought it 5 days ago, and trying to drop it faster than a hot potato!

Would say avoid, but looking at some of the other cars he has for sale, they're all recent ownership changes. I suspect he's buying trade/auction cars, and trying to sell them as private sales?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Would say avoid...

Definitely!

Even to look at it, it looks fairly rough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement