Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Hell In A Cell 2020 (Contains Spoilers)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,772 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Orton now a 14 time world champion wasn't expecting that. Drew is deff strong enough to go and retain it

If its the normal survivor series format Champ vs Champ, Heel Orton vs Heel Reigns. yes please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

Ugh... Orton is champ. Guess the rumours of Edge at Mania might be true.
    Shame that Drew's whole reign took place without an audience.

Thought we might get a cash-in for a sec there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

All things considered I do think drew was a great champion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Drew has been much better than I would have expected in this run. I did just have a chuckle at a certain wrestling "ITK" twitter personality we're not allowed talk about on here predicting a LONG reign for Drew not long before the match. No doubt I just wasn't clever enough to get the in joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

I wonder if we might get some Taker v Orton thing at sS. They’ve just released a doc on their rivalry and Taker has been advertised to feature heavily at the show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,795 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know they have to be there but seeing the big holes in the cell as well as the wee ledges always gives away the plan.

Was wondering why the cell was still up for Bayley and Sasha, but thought that was done well for getting the chair out of the equation. Though why someone outside decided to then leave it leaning beside the door, I don't know. Must be a ref working for Bayley. :)

Expected Roman/Jey to close, but I guess the title change closes. The fact they seem to be teasing that feud continuing isn't a good thing. Like the story is good but an I Quit match or HiaC match are usually both seen as feud enders, so both combined should definitely be an ender.
    Though I'd say it'll likely be Jey having to do what Roman says now, reluctantly and attacking him again later on.

So The Hurt Business are definitely face now? Just putting the title on the line and not having anyone ringside. But then they chose the smallest member of retribution, which is less face like.
    Slapjack reminded me of Suicide sometimes with how he moved.
    So will Ali ever implement the hacker side of the character again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Was really enjoying that Reigns and Uso Hell in a cell match until the closing few minutes

Really sucked the wind out of the match.

Uso didnt recieve that much damage to be out for that amount of time really. Reigns saying he was gonna take it to the next level. Think he did two drive by kicks after that.

But was a good call back to Jey protecting Jimmy tbis time around.

If they were looking to keep the fued going, why not have Jimmy snap, and continute to beat Reigns before Jimmy realises Reigns wont quit, realises what he is doing and then quit himself because he knows Reigns wont.

Helps establish Jey as a bad ass, as a man who cares for his family and Roman as someone who wont quit. Just thinking out loud really

Why was the ref going to stop the match when he didn't stop it after Jey choked Roman out?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    What a waste of a MITB, could of given it to Styles

Tucker will bomb as a singles star, Ottis will get bye as a comedy act his whole career

Otis has something about him, he moves suprinsgly well for a big man, mannerisms are like a throwback. I think he could be more then that.

Tucker if get a Big Cass style push coukd get over, he can certainly do more then Cass in the ring.

I dislike the way they treat tag teams, but I dont see a Titus Young & Darren Young style situation.

Having everything taken away from him could change Otis into Vader style character, weird mannerisms strip the comedy back a bit make a tad more serious, and yiu coukd have a serious contender in a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Smacruairi

Sirsok wrote: »
    Otis has something about him, he moves suprinsgly well for a big man, mannerisms are like a throwback. I think he could be more then that.

Tucker if get a Big Cass style push coukd get over, he can certainly do more then Cass in the ring.

I dislike the way they treat tag teams, but I dont see a Titus Young & Darren Young style situation.

Having everything taken away from him could change Otis into Vader style character, weird mannerisms strip the comedy back a bit make a tad more serious, and yiu coukd have a serious contender in a year.

Can't see tucker doing well. He was given 30s secs of mic time and he looked awkward, nervous, and totally unbelievable. Amateur hour unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,439 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Btw I like both drew and Randy so either way I’m happy whoever won but I’m happy that Randy orton is now a 14 time worlds heavyweight champion and hopefully he equals cena and flair.

This may not be a universal sentiment but I think Randy orton will when it’s all said and done, be seen as one of the all time greats and certainly of his generation. His only draw back is unlike cena he wasn’t perfect and says what’s on his mind and didn’t play the corporate suck up game cena seemed to perfect like cm punk said even if that was a worked promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

This was rough.

About half way through Reigns/Uso I was enjoying it, too many monologues in between spots but the work was pretty good. But as the match went on, the speeches got longer, the dialogue more cartoony and the action less and less. By the time Roman shouts "the head of the table doesn't quit!" you already know we are firmly in wrestlecrap territory. It wasn't wrestling, it wasn't a movie, it wasn't a play. I don't know what it was, I just know it was bad. *

Elias / Hardy and Miz/ Otis both **. How do they employ so many wrestlers but still have Hardy/Miz wrestling singles on ppv and comedy guys like Otis and Elias always on a main ppv card?

Bayley/Sasha, motm. But again, disappointing. Silly, overly intricate WWE weapon tropes to the extreme culminating in the hilarious Bayley vs masking tape & 2 kendo sticks battle where they just had to abandon the spot. They worked hard, Sasha bumped like a pinball. They were ambitious like always and in between the weapon spots there was some really good work. The finish though felt flat and came out of nowhere. ***1/2

Lashley/Slapjack, Retribution like Raw Underground very much another abandoned idea left to flounder. *

Orton/McIntyre, called it after Drew won it at Mania, got some angry responses but time has proven me right. Disappointing title reign that started poorly, went nowhere and ended by being pinned by Randy Orton clean. Drew was never the guy to be a transcendent, money drawing star anyway but he never really even got a fair shake at it due to circumstances and booking. ***

Otis is like an exaggerated Big E so was surprised they had them both on the same show.
    I don't see Miz cashing in successfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I saw an idea on Twitter I liked miz cashed in on Finn and have him on nxt as a total opposite of what is nxt usually

If I was McIntyre I would be pissed they missed my table landing spot with their bad angles and cuts

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

sky88 wrote: »
    I saw an idea on Twitter I liked miz cashed in on Finn and have him on nxt as a total opposite of what is nxt usually

Miz doing promos against NXT wrestlers would be man against boys.

I'd love to see him tear down Finn.

sky88 wrote: »

Actually a great idea. Would be great watching him old school snivelling heel it up against some spot monkeys.

But I think they clearly specified that mitb is for universal or wwe only. Ah well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Smacruairi wrote: »
    Actually a great idea. Would be great watching him old school snivelling heel it up against some spot monkeys.

But I think they clearly specified that mitb is for universal or wwe only. Ah well.

It’s hard to see who he can cash in on now tho. Reigns isn’t dropping the title anytime soon and the whole point of orton winning is to build towards an orton edge mania match.

Might be the 1st time anyone has ever referred to Fergal Devitt as a spot monkey.

Might be the 1st time anyone has ever referred to Fergal Devitt as a spot monkey.

Well more that's how the miz would set himself up: The professional wrestler vs the gymnast.

• Advertisement

Well more that's how the miz would set himself up: The professional wrestler vs the gymnast.

Nearly impossible to do now. NXT firmly established as a 3rd WWE brand with no differing style. Let alone the fact that the champion was also World Champion on Raw and is the polar opposite of a gymnast.

Will be interesting to see if NXT is involved in Survivor Series this year in the same capacity as before, since as I pointed out before they have neglected them in recent weeks.
    I guess the build to SS starts this week or next week where everyone will band together. Will Retribution suddenly be loyal to Raw?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

They had blue/red and yellow on the Survivor Series graphic again but may have just used the graphic from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,772 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ThePott wrote: »
    They had blue/red and yellow on the Survivor Series graphic again but may have just used the graphic from last year.

Brand loyalty even though some are only part of it for a few weeks

Advertisement