Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Hell In A Cell 2020 (Contains Spoilers)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,885 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    13 years since someone lost the contract in a match. Mr Kennedy ?

god i feel old

Mr Kennedy he was primed as a future star but **** happens

knew Morrison would be ****ed to the back, wow Tucker turned on Ottis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Dumb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,338 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Cena lost, Sandow lost, Braun and Corbin have all lost since then or do you mean without cashing it in?

Well Cole said in a match.

Well who saw that coming ? Oh yeah everyone.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    god i feel old

Mr Kennedy he was primed as a future star but **** happens

knew Morrison would be ****ed to the back, wow Tucker turned on Ottis

Yeah an injury that wasn’t.

What a waste of a MITB, could of given it to Styles

Tucker will bomb as a singles star, Ottis will get bye as a comedy act his whole career

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭ThePott

Saw the turn coming as soon as Morrison was kicked from ringside. Tucker moving his spot and getting the briefcase telegraphed it.
    Probably better than having it on Otis but is anyone really expecting Miz to cash in on one of the main titles Roman or Drew? Probably not.

This at least gives Tucker something to do but I don't think either Otis or Tucker will come out any better or get any major angles after a feud tbh.
    Morrison needs to grow a beard back quick, looks weird without it.

Bayley and Sasha is up next. Btw the chronicle on the network about bayley that was added yesterday is great. I didn’t know her step dad died earlier this month but it was good to hear her reasons for changing her character so much which is a year last week. To me bayley is much easier to get behind then Sasha banks.

I'm the opposite, Itssoeasy. I can't stand Bayley.

Let Sasha win. Would be a travesty for a garbage reign like Bayley's to beat Becky's record. Also, Sasha needs some accolades to be honest. 0-5 at Mania, 0-2 in the cell, hasn't defended a singles titles yet, not one reign over 28 days.

• Advertisement

this seems a wasted match for such a minor PPV. This is big 4 worth which says a lot about how good these women have worked in there careers/characters

I actually really like both.
    I'm annoyed we haven't gotten Sasha as a full-on heel on the main roster though.
    Mandalorian is coming out Friday, Sasha is in the new season, I wonder if WWE would want her being the champ should she be doing some promotion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I like both of them but always been a fan of Sasha's since NXT days. She may be whiny in real life but let's face it she's not going to pop up in the local any time soon. And not just due to Covid.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I'm the opposite, Itssoeasy. I can't stand Bayley.

Let Sasha win. Would be a travesty for a garbage reign like Bayley's to beat Becky's record. Also, Sasha needs some accolades to be honest. 0-5 at Mania, 0-2 in the cell, hasn't defended a singles titles yet, not one reign over 28 days.

Fair enough we have a difference of opinion. Sasha having a **** record isn’t the fans fault so I don’t care. That’s on Vince and the higher ups as if they saw anything in her they’d have given an accolade before now.

Christ. Well start the clock on the title reign because at some point in the next four weeks she’ll lose the title and we’ll know when because we will see the booboo face.

Title change

Was going to say Charlotte will make that triumphant return and detrone Sasha but she's on Raw

• Advertisement

Pentecost wrote: »
    I like both of them but always been a fan of Sasha's since NXT days. She may be whiny in real life but let's face it she's not going to pop up in the local any time soon. And not just due to Covid.

Nxt Sasha and main roster Sasha aren’t even the same thing. Nxt Sasha was enjoyable.

Outstanding match as you would expect from Banks and Bayley.
    Looking forward to see where it goes next.

Retribution a joke already

The Hurt Business are good but missing something

Christ. Well start the clock on the title reign because at some point in the next four weeks she’ll lose the title and we’ll know when because we will see the booboo face.

I think she may be getting a reward for showing up on all shows and performing during COVID. She and Bayley hardly missed a show except for Sasha's storyline injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

She’s also about to be in the mandolarian shell have a run while giving publicity for that

• Advertisement

Nxt Sasha and main roster Sasha aren’t even the same thing. Nxt Sasha was enjoyable.
    Fair enough we have a difference of opinion. Sasha having a **** record isn’t the fans fault so I don’t care. That’s on Vince and the higher ups as if they saw anything in her they’d have given an accolade before now.

Okay but how do you really feel?

ThePott wrote: »

It was a good match but wrong person won. There’s a better way to get the title off bayley which I’ll admit was getting to the point where it needed to be dropped. Anyone else would be better than Sasha banks.

This feud must be over surely. It's gone on and on and on.

Give Bianca a go.

jesus christ Slapjack

this is ultra kids stuff

I like Bianca too for the record.

Reckon flapjack might nick this.

It was a good match but wrong person won. There’s a better way to get the title off bayley which I’ll admit was getting to the point where it needed to be dropped. Anyone else would be better than Sasha banks.
    Strong disagree, Banks is excellent and nearly always puts in a great performance.
    This feud must be over surely. It's gone on and on and on.
    Give Bianca a go.
    I don't know that we're done yet. Find it weird that they'd burn such a major feud here. As much as I'd like Bianca to get her shot I think they're going to build her up.

Okay but how do you really feel?

I don’t get the boss character on the main roster at all. This isn’t an issue with the real life person, it’s the character I can’t stand. I’m allowed to not get it like a wrestler character. Some here like Sasha banks and her character and that’s grand, but I just don’t.

Retribution are dead already. Shocker.

Strong disagree, Banks is excellent and nearly always puts in a great performance.

I don't know that we're done yet. Find it weird that they'd burn such a major feud here. As much as I'd like Bianca to get her shot I think they're going to build her up.

Fine disagree. I have never and will never say anything against her in ring effort and performance even if I think she takes bumps that are risky. It’s her character that in its main roster form I don’t get. I’m surely entitled to not like a character in wrestling.

I just find it odd that's all, certainly having that strong a dislike.
    I admit in NXT her character was a lot more defined but she always delivers in her matches so I could never write her off entirely.

EDIT - Wasn't having a go at you, everyone is entitled to their opinion of course :)

• Advertisement

The angle which was exciting at first but turned into Retribution is the best the wwe writers could come with it ??

You're more than entitled Itssoeaay but don't take it personally if others disagree. It's all good I don't think anyone wanted to say you weren't entitled to your opinion.

Taker debuted at Survivor Series and will celebrate 30 years this year and another dark superstar Sting debuted in wwe too at a Survivor Series event ???. interesting and in the age of cinematic matches it could finally happen :o:o

thought crossed my mind Big Show is involved in the Drew vs Orton feud

Christ he's showing up and costing drew isn't he ?

Sets up what could be a class Survivor Series match...

92d97y2pacv51.jpg

I just find it odd that's all, certainly having that strong a dislike.
    I admit in NXT her character was a lot more defined but she always delivers in her matches so I could never write her off entirely.

EDIT - Wasn't having a go at you, everyone is entitled to their opinion of course :)

I have a strong dislike because either she or the alleged creative team have butchered her great character from nxt which was money and made it into this pound shop Version of it.

Again I’ve never questioned her in ring ability but her character become more about Eddie guerrerro than about her.

Pentecost wrote: »
    You're more than entitled Itssoeaay but don't take it personally if others disagree. It's all good I don't think anyone wanted to say you weren't entitled to your opinion.

I agree. Having different points of view is what makes boards.ie work. I don’t take it personally I’m just giving my point of view that’s all. I hope and think I contribute constructively to this forum and I will never deny anyone who has a genuinely held opinion on a wrestler past or present. I will admit that I probably have a slant towards old school wrestling or at least the principles that underlined that.

Sets up what could be a class Survivor Series match...

92d97y2pacv51.jpg

That could be epic.

I don't think her character is that bad, poorly booked at times sure. She's definitely in need of a heel run and is overlooked in comparison to the other horsewomen.

Did they confirm NXT would be involved again this year? I know the graphic had yellow on it but aside from that.
    I think every match being a triple threat last time made it seem a bit exhausting but there's some interesting possibilities there alright.

Can never quite make up my mind on Randall. In terms of ability he's as good as anyone this century but his character needs development that he doesn't seem too interested in doing. The "killer" character gets rolled out every couple of years and while it's what suits him best it's repetitive I feel.

• Advertisement

got mixed up with the stipulations of a cage match

Thought orton won it when he went out through the door

Orton now a 14 time world champion wasn't expecting that. Drew is deff strong enough to go and retain it

If its the normal survivor series format Champ vs Champ, Heel Orton vs Heel Reigns. yes please

Ugh... Orton is champ. Guess the rumours of Edge at Mania might be true.
    Shame that Drew's whole reign took place without an audience.

Thought we might get a cash-in for a sec there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

All things considered I do think drew was a great champion

Drew has been much better than I would have expected in this run. I did just have a chuckle at a certain wrestling "ITK" twitter personality we're not allowed talk about on here predicting a LONG reign for Drew not long before the match. No doubt I just wasn't clever enough to get the in joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

I wonder if we might get some Taker v Orton thing at sS. They’ve just released a doc on their rivalry and Taker has been advertised to feature heavily at the show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,284 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know they have to be there but seeing the big holes in the cell as well as the wee ledges always gives away the plan.

Was wondering why the cell was still up for Bayley and Sasha, but thought that was done well for getting the chair out of the equation. Though why someone outside decided to then leave it leaning beside the door, I don't know. Must be a ref working for Bayley. :)

Expected Roman/Jey to close, but I guess the title change closes. The fact they seem to be teasing that feud continuing isn't a good thing. Like the story is good but an I Quit match or HiaC match are usually both seen as feud enders, so both combined should definitely be an ender.
    Though I'd say it'll likely be Jey having to do what Roman says now, reluctantly and attacking him again later on.

So The Hurt Business are definitely face now? Just putting the title on the line and not having anyone ringside. But then they chose the smallest member of retribution, which is less face like.
    Slapjack reminded me of Suicide sometimes with how he moved.
    So will Ali ever implement the hacker side of the character again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Was really enjoying that Reigns and Uso Hell in a cell match until the closing few minutes

Really sucked the wind out of the match.

Uso didnt recieve that much damage to be out for that amount of time really. Reigns saying he was gonna take it to the next level. Think he did two drive by kicks after that.

But was a good call back to Jey protecting Jimmy tbis time around.

If they were looking to keep the fued going, why not have Jimmy snap, and continute to beat Reigns before Jimmy realises Reigns wont quit, realises what he is doing and then quit himself because he knows Reigns wont.

Helps establish Jey as a bad ass, as a man who cares for his family and Roman as someone who wont quit. Just thinking out loud really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,284 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Why was the ref going to stop the match when he didn't stop it after Jey choked Roman out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

PTH2009 wrote: »
    What a waste of a MITB, could of given it to Styles

Tucker will bomb as a singles star, Ottis will get bye as a comedy act his whole career

Otis has something about him, he moves suprinsgly well for a big man, mannerisms are like a throwback. I think he could be more then that.

Tucker if get a Big Cass style push coukd get over, he can certainly do more then Cass in the ring.

I dislike the way they treat tag teams, but I dont see a Titus Young & Darren Young style situation.

Having everything taken away from him could change Otis into Vader style character, weird mannerisms strip the comedy back a bit make a tad more serious, and yiu coukd have a serious contender in a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Smacruairi

Sirsok wrote: »
    Otis has something about him, he moves suprinsgly well for a big man, mannerisms are like a throwback. I think he could be more then that.

Tucker if get a Big Cass style push coukd get over, he can certainly do more then Cass in the ring.

I dislike the way they treat tag teams, but I dont see a Titus Young & Darren Young style situation.

Having everything taken away from him could change Otis into Vader style character, weird mannerisms strip the comedy back a bit make a tad more serious, and yiu coukd have a serious contender in a year.

Can't see tucker doing well. He was given 30s secs of mic time and he looked awkward, nervous, and totally unbelievable. Amateur hour unfortunately.

• Advertisement
Advertisement