Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

FWIW it looks like we'll be transitioning to Teams where I am as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

Augeo wrote: »
    Indeed, I'd not be surprised to see a retrace to 1.10 ish over the coming week or so ......... today's rise is steep.

Was about to ask peoples oppinions, Is now a good time to take some money off the table with 4D?

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭bob mcbob

ADZAM wrote: »
    I've been watching ISE stocks, mainly Dalata - I was hoping with the level 5, they would break below €2 and I'd hold in anticipation of a recovery, they bounced around €2.25 this week and have popped a bit - anyone have any thoughts on Dalata Group? How is Ryanair not <€10? Would you put money in either of these in this climate? Buy when there's blood in the streets?

Phew, good to offload. Appreciate any advice, comments, observations.

For me I view Dalata's main customers as international business travel and international tourism.

International business travel is not coming back anytime soon. It may possibly never come back to how it was before.

International tourism well that it is 6 months at least before there will be any return of meaningful tourism.

I think there will be a lot more blood in the water in the next 6 months.

sirboby wrote: »
    Was about to ask peoples oppinions, Is now a good time to take some money off the table with 4D?

Who knows............. it depends on what your buy in logic was. Longterm it's sure to rise further IMO, the funding issue is no longer an unknown but any share that rises quickly usually has some profit taking etc so some falls shouldn't surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Augeo wrote: »
    Indeed, I'd not be surprised to see a retrace to 1.10 ish over the coming week or so ......... today's rise is steep.

I could certainly see some taking their profits by close of play today, and the price coming back down to something like that, yes. It's been a rollercoaster share for the last month or so.

I think we could see anything up to 150p today before a pullback. **all purely speculative from me btw dyodd **

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

sirboby wrote: »

NASDAQ listing.....may be exciting times ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

weemcd wrote: »
    I could certainly see some taking their profits by close of play today, and the price coming back down to something like that, yes. It's been a rollercoaster share for the last month or so.

I think we could see anything up to 150p today before a pullback. **all purely speculative from me btw dyodd **

Funnily enough Ive set a 150p sell order, if it makes it then well and good, if it doesnt and retraces then thats fine too, plenty more to come with a little patience.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Cpfm wrote: »
    Any view on how much more NCYT has to go? I got in based on your tip, ty, but thinking of adding more...not sure..

In no particular order heres what I think , open to correction on what I say ...
    I had to wait months for the stock price to reflect if testing would be needed for a a second wave of Covid. Now we are in the wave 2 and testing is forefront across the world.
    A few dodgy diagnostics companies with poor quality products who gained early have been exposed.
    NYCT have best in class PCR testing, top quality product.
    Contracts and backhanders were being done in The Commons but now contracts are going to the best companies with more scrutiny.
    Recent order with the NHS is 400M first shipment with an option on 300M more if they dont screw it up, which I dont think they will.
    Market cap was barely reflective of contracts won, thats changing but it still doesnt reflect future earnings.
    NCYT bought out one of their suppliers, brought their tech in house, so why do that if they dont think they have a future.
    FRance holds 70% of the float but we havent had any major French news. This week their diag panel got added to a French health list week but no news on a major french contract. With French price action maybe someone knows something.
    So all the gains are really based on UK and some minor contracts in some other countries.
    They have appointed a new broker , I expect to bring in the IIs
    Speaking of which some talk that a few funds have bought in last week.
    They have not stood still, they expanded into a Winterplex dual covid and influenza test, 2 results in one test.
    The CEO is relatively new, seems to have his head on and wants to move to the big table, guide this company off AIM and bring it ot the FTSE.
    If not they are a potential buyout.
    Ive been following them closely and I have a few goto guys whos opinion I respect, they helped convince me to hold during big dips in the summer, and all those are still positive that there is room to grow.
    Follw the 'Trust but Verify' principle.. as in its okay to trust someones opinion but even better if you go and verify the numbers youself.
    Also they have had alot of vacancies , for sales, lab technicians and some computer app developers.
    I may or may not buy some more, greed is not a virtue I aspire too.
    And NCYT were pretty regular with RNS and sales updates , they have been a bit quite , theres news due in the next 2 weeks. Probably positive but will it be positive enough for the stock price. Their investor relations pr dept has been pretty on the ball for 10 months
    I cant see it retracing considerably in the coming weeks. IF we could get some news soon on a new contract just to lock in the foundation for these 2 weeks gains we would all rest easier.
    They still have to manage the company thru expansion, reagents are in short supply, they are in a compeitive landscape where they are up against big pharma, but so far they have managed to expand Their quality product has gotten them this far, now its up to quality management to get them the next rung up.
    Thats more or less a 30,000 foot view of where they sit .
    But even with all those positives, things can flip on a dime, bad news, covid cure, a missed covid test , some bad press who knows .

But if COVID is still here mid-late 2021 and we are into an endemic situation where we never get rid of it then NCYT are here for good , in which case we could be looking at 30 or 40 euro IF they continue to execute on contracts won and delive some new contracts and innovative product.

Short term we are safe bar a few tree shakes and some dips, we wont go into single digits. medium term the next month looks positive as Covid cases still spread, longer term I still see potential to multi-bag this.. but we need news , RNS, pr.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

weemcd wrote: »

After my moment yesterday I've taken profit today, will buy back in once it comes day but see big things ahead. Just waiting for fastly to take off again.

Thanks RIGOLO for the pep talk, DutchYurt remains, DutchKaren has passed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

See a lot of people averaging down here. I never do it so do not understand it.

Do people on here do it because of FOMO?
    You bought originally for it to go up so why not set a SL, if its hit then bail and move onto next stock, does it not lead to an emotional attachment? You are increasing portfolio risk, profit returns and time decay to profit.
    Why waste time waiting for a stock to make a profit if it keeps going down? So the opportunity cost here.
    Surely there is a point where you exit at certain losses?
    I hope everyone talking about BE are including transaction costs in and out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭roosterman71

RIGOLO wrote: »
    NYCT have best in class PCR testing, top quality product.

On that PCR part. All well and good having the best, but the PCR tests are coming under serious pressure for COVID. There's a multitude of faster tests on the horizon (Antigen tests being one I heard about) which are 3 to 4 times cheaper than PCR testing. Can be rolled out for home use without hoards of people administering tests and then labs for the test runs.

Add to this that as vaccines become available, the rollout to everyone will take years. In the interim, these quick tests will drive the pandemic management until such time everyone gets the vaccine (assuming the vaccines are the solution to this virus)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

People buying Netflix today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

PHG wrote: »

You bought originally for it to go up so why not set a SL, if its hit then bail and move onto next stock, does it not lead to an emotional attachment? You are increasing portfolio risk, profit returns and time decay to profit.
    Why waste time waiting for a stock to make a profit if it keeps going down? So the opportunity cost here.

It depends on your overall strategy. If you view a stock as worth 100 dollars today and nothing major happens and it falls to 90 tomorrow, it's "on sale". That would be a part of my strategy but I plan to buy and hold very long term so it's different depending on your outlook. I mightn't do it if I thought I might need to sell in under 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Liamo_mu wrote: »
    People buying Netflix today?

I'll never understand how Netflix is part of FAANG. Highly overvalued IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

DutchYurt wrote: »

That may be so but it's dipped below 500 once again and see a stock that could be flipped in the next week or so for some profit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

My general strategy now is only invest in companies that I believe in and am happy to hold onto longterm, and the only reason I'll sell is if they go parabolic and it makes good sense to sell and attempt to buy back in cheaper later. I'm far from perfect tho ha and have afew bag holders from earlier in the year still which I do need to cut my losses with lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Because if you got rid of the 'N' it would be a bad word :p

cefh17 wrote: »
    Because if you got rid of the 'N' it would be a bad word :p

GAAF isn't exactly encouraging either :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭Shedite27

PHG wrote: »

You only do it if you think the stock is going up in your timeframe. If you're convinced in a stock (like I am in Lemonade), then I bought into it first at $60, but then it went down to $45 so next month when I went to invest, I got in at a cheaper price. I have no thoughts currently that it's going to be below $60 for long, and now my BEP is $53.

If the price had still been $60 the second month would I have doubled my stake, unlikely, but seeing that it was "on sale" got me to purchase.

Also not sure why Microsoft is not included

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭p to the e

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Also not sure why Microsoft is not included

I include it in my FAGMAN stocks

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

RIGOLO wrote: »
    In no particular order heres what I think , open to correction on what I say ...

Ty for the reply Rigolo, am taking in the considerations you have made in your points. Am still a complete rookie in this game, so figuring out how to do the right research and diligence is a wip. Still trying to figure out if I'm looking for long term growth or trading wins, and tbh, I'm fascinated by the amount there is to learn and how it works.
    Following this thread is great - plus I've managed to pick up a couple of wins on the tips - offsetting some of the poorer choices I've made... thanks to all who contribute on the thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

I would say it's a buying opportunity if INTC drops

Folks just a note, if you intend to buy INTC don't jump in yet...reading into so called analysis notes...it seems there's a consensus they're lagging behind AMD and NVDA in AI and other things and they all expecting a bit more hair cut to the Share price...so maybe wait until next week to see where they're.

Would not touch Intel. They are a node behind development of chips....like being the Nokia of chip makers.

The end is nigh...hence the very low PE ratio.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭Kickstart1.3

Pelezico wrote: »
    Would not touch Intel. They are a node behind development of chips....like being the Nokia of chip makers.

The end is nigh...hence the very low PE ratio.

I bought Intel today.
    I'm liking the hatred towards it :p
    Nokia of chip makers - good one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Took a little nibble of Intel too.... couldn't resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

I'm still tempted by Intel for a long hold but I don't think it's value at this time.

I'm still kicking myself for not getting AMD at ~40 a couple of months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Folks any views on Jfrog please?

We had this whole Intel debate exactly 3 months ago, July 23rd, when Intel annoucned the delay in producing modern chips and dropped 17% in a day from $60 to $50. The main argument people on here were using for buying was "Intel are a famous company, it just dropped 17%, it will go back up 17%". It hasn't, it's now at $48.

The new kid on the block that day in chips is Nvidia. On that same day that you could have got Intel for $50, Nvidia was $400, up 70% YTD at that point. Nvidia is $540 today.

So the "its cheap" arguent on Intel netted you -4% since July 23rd, the "it's too expensive" Nvidia is up 35% since then.

The same decision is in front of you today, with exactly the same companies. Intel looks cheap, Nvidia looks expensive. Don't make the same mistake again. One company is going nowhere, the other made big acquisitions recently to modernise.

• Advertisement

Will Intel complete construction in Leixlip? I wonder.

Advertisement