Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

A rise in the meta cards today... Son jumped up about 40k, Diego Carlos 10k, Joe Gomez 20k. Might keep an eye on them early next week and buy-in Wednesday before rewards and sell next Thursday afternoon/evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Just looking at the level 30 rewards,those players already seem behind the curve. I remember playing with Zaha for ages last year. I can't see Lacazette even getting into my team.

Yeah I think I'll be taking Sabitzer just for the inevitable first owned Bundesliga portion of Icon Swaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Does anyone have any experience with CB Icons that aren’t mentioned much e.g. Hierro, Baresi, Moore etc.

Those I’ve listed all available anywhere from 250k-350k and I never really hear them spoken about, but their stats all look decent especially with shadows.

Taking someone like Base Icon Bobby Moore, with a shadow he goes up to 80 pace, maxes out his defensive stats and he has 80 agility and 81 balance. Short and long passing are in the 80’s too.

Yet he’s only 265k buy it now.

I must be missing something as I never hear the likes of him mentioned online but his stats are up there with say Van Djik who is far more expensive.

He’s 5 foot 10 so that might be it, but in general those unheralded icon cards look great value to me? Or despite them looking good on paper are they unusable due to the meta?

Base Icon Hierro is another one. 350k on the market yet with a shadow he goes up to 85 pace, max defensive stats, 80 agility and 85 balance!

What am I missing? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

BrentMused wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience with CB Icons that aren’t mentioned much e.g. Hierro, Baresi, Moore etc.

Those I’ve listed all available anywhere from 250k-350k and I never really hear them spoken about, but their stats all look decent especially with shadows.

Taking someone like Base Icon Bobby Moore, with a shadow he goes up to 80 pace, maxes out his defensive stats and he has 80 agility and 81 balance. Short and long passing are in the 80’s too.

I must be missing something as I never hear the likes of him mentioned online but his stats are up there with say Van Djik who is far more expensive.

He’s 5 foot 10 so that might be it, but in general those unheralded icon cards look great value to me? Or despite them looking good on paper are they unusable due to the meta?

Their stats might be decent, but really how much fun are you going to have playing with a centre back

At least with the cheaper forward/midfield icons esp if they're a favourite player from years ago it's fun to stick it in the net, I used Riquelme for a few games cause he was my favourite player back during the world cup in 2006 and I bloody loved playing those little through balls to the striker like he did, or being a Chelsea fan I have Lampard now and bang them in like he did so often for Chelsea, you wouldn't get that same satisfaction from a good clearance or block by Moore or Baresi

And Nainngolan or Milinkovic Savic would probably be better in game than both for 1/20th the price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Their stats might be decent, but really how much fun are you going to have playing with a centre back

At least with the cheaper forward/midfield icons esp if they're a favourite player from years ago it's fun to stick it in the net, I used Riquelme for a few games cause he was my favourite player back during the world cup in 2006 and I bloody loved playing those little through balls to the striker like he did, or being a Chelsea fan I have Lampard now and bang them in like he did so often for Chelsea, you wouldn't get that same satisfaction from a good clearance or block by Moore or Baresi

And Nainngolan or Milinkovic Savic would probably be better in game than both for 1/20th the price

I get what you’re saying, but I’m just looking at it purely from a team improvement point of view.

Like I’ve been saving up for Van Dijk recently, but looking at someone like Mid Hierro, on paper he seems equally as good and offers a chemistry link to start a hybrid, but costs 100,000 less. :confused:

If he doesn’t play well in game however, that would explain a lot regarding their price as we know someone like Van Dijk does :)

Base Icon Hierro is another one. 350k on the market yet with a shadow he goes up to 85 pace, max defensive stats, 80 agility and 85 balance!

What am I missing? :pac:

Not entirely sure why but even with stats like those, they always play ****e whenever I used them in draft. Only one that was decent for me was PIM Moore in FIFA 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Eden Hazard as a false 9 is lethal.

Playing in Div3 now. Seems to be I'll win one and lose the next. I'm about three defeats away from dropping into Div 4 again. Would I be better off stopping Rivals before that happens and picking up 400 points per game in Weekend league and hopefully getting Rank 2? I'm on about 5000 points now with 8 played.

CSWS101 wrote: »
    Finished the marquee match-ups and got CL Kante, can't believe he is going for that much! Lovely stuff

I'm always strapped for coins but selling him hasn't even crossed my mind. He breaks up some amount of play, is fast and has a great range of passing. Superb card.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I get what you’re saying, but I’m just looking at it purely from a team improvement point of view.

Like I’ve been saving up for Van Dijk recently, but looking at someone like Mid Hierro, on paper he seems equally as good and offers a chemistry link to start a hybrid, but costs 100,000 less. :confused:

If he doesn’t play well in game however, that would explain a lot regarding their price as we know someone like Van Dijk does :)

Van Dijk is the best CB I’ve ever used in Fifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Van Dijk is the best CB I’ve ever used in Fifa.

Agreed. Moore is good but he’s no Virgil.
    Virgil is end game as he is right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

chips1234 wrote: »
    infrom renato sanches > verratti, not sure id use casemiro anytime ive had to use him in draft he's drove me up the wall. get kante if you can or sissoko even if you cant. wont be full chem on everyone but should be fine.

guys anyone having similar issues where playing draft, you do some skill moves game gets paused come back and connection has gone to sh!t ? its been happening alot to me today and has happened a decent amount of time before too.

I gave that side 2 games and gave up. Verratti's lack of pace and strength means he is basically non existent and the game completely bypasses him. I had considered IF Sanches but chem wise he doesn't work with my team.

Ended up putting in Sissoko as I already had him on the bench and switched out Di Maria and Florenzi for Bale and Semedo. Defensively much more solid.

Casemiro is a solid DM, hes a real tank when you put Shadow on him. I still haven't tried Kante but he is the next player on my list. But i'll need to sell to buy him.

Just like the others, can't recommend Van Dijk enough. He is a weapon from corners too. Before I bought him I evaluated the cheaper Icon defenders too, all of them are either too small or have bad work rates, or not enough pace. Sol Campbell was the only one that looked good on paper and even then hes more then 100K price above VVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Parawind wrote: »
    I gave that side 2 games and gave up. Verratti's lack of pace and strength means he is basically non existent and the game completely bypasses him. I had considered IF Sanches but chem wise he doesn't work with my team.

Ended up putting in Sissoko as I already had him on the bench and switched out Di Maria and Florenzi for Bale and Semedo. Defensively much more solid.

Casemiro is a solid DM, hes a real tank when you put Shadow on him. I still haven't tried Kante but he is the next player on my list. But i'll need to sell to buy him.

Just like the others, can't recommend Van Dijk enough. He is a weapon from corners too. Before I bought him I evaluated the cheaper Icon defenders too, all of them are either too small or have bad work rates, or not enough pace. Sol Campbell was the only one that looked good on paper and even then hes more then 100K price above VVD.

3299b22dff8156e791581755b7c3f22e.jpg

honestly i think something like this would be better if you can afford it then change to whatever formation you want in game.

got VVD myself last night running this for WL i think depending on how it works during rivals before hand.

going with this although i really want to use someone else other than yedder but dont really have option and only another 400-450k after selling him.

8c66c7c5f7331d0e3dc6d7b74a46583b.jpg

changing to 4231/41212/442 in game depending on what formation im against and how its going.

honestly i think something like this would be better if you can afford it then change to whatever formation you want in game.

got VVD myself last night running this for WL i think depending on how it works during rivals before hand.

going with this although i really want to use someone else other than yedder but dont really have option and only another 400-450k after selling him.

Thanks that first formation really helps, the chem links there are really good.

I think I will try run this for the WL and see how I fair.

zGGxXOy.jpg

what do you change to in game ? 4231 ?

what do you change to in game ? 4231 ?

Normally 4-2-3-1(2) with RM and LM, though I have been trying the 4-2-3-1 with CAMs. Even though I feel that I am playing worse, the narrower CAMs just seem way more effective while the RM/LM didn't really get involved in the game.

I found the 4-2-3-1(2) allows me to control games but you just have to work so hard to create openings.

Normally 4-2-3-1(2) with RM and LM, though I have been trying the 4-2-3-1 with CAMs. Even though I feel that I am playing worse, the narrower CAMs just seem way more effective while the RM/LM didn't really get involved in the game.

I found the 4-2-3-1(2) allows me to control games but you just have to work so hard to create openings.

try a 4222 with neymar and bale as cam mbappe and auba ST, would def suggest getting someone who's 5* skill for the other cam spot though, and learn the mechanics of the effective skill moves and get used to the timing of when to do them etc they really can be the difference between winning and losing a game imo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Gave Messi 15 games or so, but selling him on. For the price, he's not had the impact I'd expect. I know a large part of the issue is I'm playing him as a RWer, and I'm not great at the skill moves, so he's wasted on me.

But compared to POTM Fati, he's just anonymous. Fati is incredible; 90% of the goals I'm scoring are from whipping in crosses with RB + X with Fati. Meanwhile, Messi is really turning into a tap in merchant.

So swapping him for Bale, who is a tenth the price but will probably offer much the same for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Gave Messi 15 games or so, but selling him on. For the price, he's not had the impact I'd expect. I know a large part of the issue is I'm playing him as a RWer, and I'm not great at the skill moves, so he's wasted on me.

But compared to POTM Fati, he's just anonymous. Fati is incredible; 90% of the goals I'm scoring are from whipping in crosses with RB + X with Fati. Meanwhile, Messi is really turning into a tap in merchant.

So swapping him for Bale, who is a tenth the price but will probably offer much the same for me...

I wouldn't be a man for 10 la croquetas in a row either so I'd suggest switching to a formation in game that gets Messi into a number 10 role. If you aren't stuck on a formation.

I bet he'd be incredible as the 10 in the 5212 formation with Wing backs for him to switch passes and feed through balls out to.

Have no idea if your team or playstyle suits that though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Stichy

Hi, are any of you getting kicked out of the game back to your dashboard? its happened to me twice now in games I was winning. I have checked my internet and its perfect. Getting to stage where I'm about to stop playing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭nerd69

Stichy wrote: »
    Hi, are any of you getting kicked out of the game back to your dashboard? its happened to me twice now in games I was winning. I have checked my internet and its perfect. Getting to stage where I'm about to stop playing

Was happening for me earlier in the week but its stopped now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Stichy

nerd69 wrote: »
    Was happening for me earlier in the week but its stopped now

lost two FUT champs games due to it now and I was in the lead in both games late on. That's 2 out of 8 games its happened I cant be arsed im on 3 wins instead of 5 from 8. The likes of this will stop me playing a game completely

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I wouldn't be a man for 10 la croquetas in a row either so I'd suggest switching to a formation in game that gets Messi into a number 10 role. If you aren't stuck on a formation.

I bet he'd be incredible as the 10 in the 5212 formation with Wing backs for him to switch passes and feed through balls out to.

Have no idea if your team or playstyle suits that though

I'm currently playing 4-3-3(4) with the CAM.

So it's Suarez up top, an untradeable Griezmann in the #10. Fati at LW so was trying Messi at RW.

I possibly could try switching Griezmann out wide. But what makes me lean towards dumping Messi is the other three are all producing great results. Suarez finishes anything that he gets near. Griezmann is making the perfect runs. Fati is lethal on the wings.

try a 4222 with neymar and bale as cam mbappe and auba ST, would def suggest getting someone who's 5* skill for the other cam spot though, and learn the mechanics of the effective skill moves and get used to the timing of when to do them etc they really can be the difference between winning and losing a game imo.

Cheers, I will give it a shot. I have set all 3 systems for my quick tactics to test tonight. I am not sure about Bale yet but need him for the chem link to Semedo, I think I will likely sub on SBC Fati or Dembele mid match.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm currently playing 4-3-3(4) with the CAM.

So it's Suarez up top, an untradeable Griezmann in the #10. Fati at LW so was trying Messi at RW.

I possibly could try switching Griezmann out wide. But what makes me lean towards dumping Messi is the other three are all producing great results. Suarez finishes anything that he gets near. Griezmann is making the perfect runs. Fati is lethal on the wings.

Try out Dembele on RW, even on 7 chem with his 5 star weak foot he was really effective for me. It's the best option for a La Liga Team so far.

Couple of leaks coming up for the promo:

Kane
    Mertens
    Laporte
    Richarlison
    Adama

Not too sure if they’re reliable or not, but seen them pop up a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Seen this as possible leak

Kane, Mertins, Verati, Klosterman, Castagne, Javi Martinez, Dembele, Marcelo, Laporte, De Gea, Richarlson

Got 12 packs saved from grinding milestones and SBC's.

Gold Pack
    Jumbo Premium Gold
    Premium Gold Players Pack x 2
    Rare Gold Pack x2
    Jumbo Rare Players Pack x3
    Prime Electrum Players Pack
    Mixed Players Pack
    Small Prime Mixed

Should have saved yesterday's too but we'll see if anything hits.

Cheers, I will give it a shot. I have set all 3 systems for my quick tactics to test tonight. I am not sure about Bale yet but need him for the chem link to Semedo, I think I will likely sub on SBC Fati or Dembele mid match.

Try out Dembele on RW, even on 7 chem with his 5 star weak foot he was really effective for me. It's the best option for a La Liga Team so far.

rashford/wan bissaka on right is really good imo if you have the coins for rashford.

Leaks were wrong so :pac: half of them seem awful.

https://twitter.com/futdonk/status/1319685448642473988?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 12,421 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

What's the significance of rulebreakers? They haven't even changed positions

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    What's the significance of rulebreakers? They haven't even changed positions

Check Harry Kane's pace :D

Advertisement