Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hollyoaks [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I wonder how long until Lisa's body is found, bad exit for the actress, must be punishment for speaking out

They had all that filmed (the wedding and wedding reception aka. anything shown as "flashbacks") back in March, so she'd already left the show and the character was done and dusted before she spoke up about anything, so definitely not a punishment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,493 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

They had all that filmed (the wedding and wedding reception aka. anything shown as "flashbacks") back in March, so she'd already left the show and the character was done and dusted before she spoke up about anything, so definitely not a punishment.

I thought it was rushed filmed :o

James is a great character

I cannot believe Diane picked Edward, she could be her own, Darren, Mandy, Luke and Nancy also are involved in the restaurant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,140 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

it's just any old nonsense to try and keep this story line going.
    it's a crap story line, it has nothing going for it, it should just end.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words.

agreed its so stupid, i am enjoying it being back though....just to have a bit of normality...even though its silly!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I tend to zone out during the Tony stuff - I had to stop watching last year for a few months when Breda had him locked up, and the stuff with his Dad is just as unbearable. Part of the problem I also think is that even though Tony is a legend because he's been there from the very start, his character has just become quite dull as he's gotten older. I do like him, but wouldn't be mad if they used him a bit more sparingly. Same goes for Diane, always been a fan because she was Jacqui Dixon from Brookside moreso than Diane as a character.

The stuff with the Devereauxs, and the Drugs storyline I'm really enjoying though, and is enough to keep my interest. Also the fact that Bryan Kirkwood is stepping down as Executive Producer after being at the reins for so long (aside from a 3 year break from 2009 to 2012, he's been the exec since 2006), I'm curious to see who'll take over and what direction they will take things once their storylines kick in next summer - always good to get some fresh blood making decisions, after having one person in there for so long.

RECAST NOTICE

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hollyoaks/a34121878/hollyoaks-spoilers-ollie-morgan-aedan-duckworth-recast/

Interesting, wonder what happened to lead to this... If there was some sort of controversy or if there was just real life sh*t going on and he needed out (by the sounds of things any scenes he has appeared in over the past few weeks were all filmed pre-lockdown, so he wouldn't actually have been on set since March)

Was never mad about his performance, but the character has potential so hopefully they get someone good in.

Ollie was shown in the flash forward played by Aieden, thought he was a decent actor doing well in the Buster storyline

Aw I liked him, he wasn’t the worst! Wonder what happened there

How predictable now Liberty wants the baby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

How predictable now Liberty wants the baby

I was only say to my housemate during the delivery scene that that was 100% going to happen ha

OMG is Liberty seeing Nico, talking to her, postpartum depression psychosis?

Toby is way more dangerous than Celeste even she is afraid of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Very small detail but I love how Yaz's hearing aids are decorated with beads and stuff!

I'm sick of Juliet and losing any sympathy for her

Denise Welch is as Maxine Minniver's (Nikki Sanderson) mum Trish Minniver.
    Dance teacher Trish will arrive in the village under the ominous shadow of her boyfriend Brad, who will take an immediate shine to Maxine which could drive a big wedge between the mother and daughter.
    Trish, who is also mum to departed character Mitzeee Minniver (Rachel Shenton), previously made a few brief appearances on the soap between 2010 and 2012, being played by actress Paula Wolfenden, but this will be the character's first longer stint.

I'd love to see Mitzeee back

Hollyoaks 25 week not great so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Silas!!!!!!

fr336 wrote: »
    Silas!!!!!!

I think he has to have an accomplice, great villain to bring back

Kurt alive :eek:

• Advertisement

It was cheesy as f**k and basic as s**t, but goddamn if that video for Tom didn't bring a tear to my eye...

Silas... meh, was great in his time, but ultimately kind of obvious for this comeback... was hoping for someone more McQueen centric like Niall... at least its not Breda though...

Is Kurt really back? I'd love if he was, but those scenes were odd... felt a bit like Mandy, Cindy, and Darren were pandering to Tony who's actually batsh*t crazy and talking to nobody...

I did like Tom's video that Yaz made but why so many that Tom isn't friends with, Edward, Sienna, Toby, Warren, Felix etc., but no OB, Jude, Alfie or even Steph his child

I did like Tom's video that Yaz made but why so many that Tom isn't friends with, Edward, Sienna, Toby, Warren, Felix etc., but no OB, Jude, Alfie or even Steph his child

Well it really wasn't about Tom, and more just an excuse to include all the current main cast members in the 25th anniversary episode... although am I right in thinking a couple of people like Luke, Peri, and Leela weren't in the video? - must watch it again tomorrow to be sure but don't remember seeing them... if Leela's not there fair enough considering Kirsty Leigh-Porter is on maternity leave, but would be very weird for Luke or Peri to be missing...

Peri was on it

I don't know if Luke or his son ( if the new actor has started filming yet as Ollie)

Sienna terrorised and kidnapped Tom, Grace is Claire's sister but at least she interacts with Tom and Yaz

Peri was on it

I don't know if Luke or his son ( if the new actor has started filming yet as Ollie)

Sienna terrorised and kidnapped Tom, Grace is Claire's sister but at least she interacts with Tom and Yaz

Completely forgot that Grace is Claire's sister, they really don't mention that enough.

Completely forgot that Grace is Claire's sister, they really don't mention that enough.

Leela's mother Sam is still blamed for Frasier's death when it was Freddie Roscoe, does Grace know?

It seems Sandy Roscoe as Darren's real mother was also forgot

• Advertisement

I forgot Ste has HIV

Poor Sid but where is Leela, his guardian :confused:

I have no sympathy for Juliet, she brought a lot on herself trying to be the big drug seller for Victor
    Cleo is returning soon and Theresa thinks that she is the blackmailer

apparently leela has gone to stay with her aunt.

apparently leela has gone to stay with her aunt.

Is the actress off pregnant again?

• Advertisement

Is the actress off pregnant again?

i don't think so, i haven't heard that she is anyway.

Kirsty Leigh Porter who plays Leela is away on Maternity Leave. She was very clearly pregnant (lots of baggy clothes, holding something in front of her stomach, the usual stuff) in the scenes leading up to her announcing she was going off to look after her aunt.

fair enough, i did know she was expecting but had thought she already had the baby and came back.

fair enough, i did know she was expecting but had thought she already had the baby and came back.

She sadly had a stillborn baby last year, so this is her second pregnancy, and I don't think there was much reporting or big deal made about it on the usual soap sites because of the circumstances last year.

Can't even remember exactly where I heard it, there may have been a brief Instagram post announcement or something. Hope it all goes well and its good news for them anyway.

Kirsty Leigh Porter who plays Leela is away on Maternity Leave. She was very clearly pregnant (lots of baggy clothes, holding something in front of her stomach, the usual stuff) in the scenes leading up to her announcing she was going off to look after her aunt.

I hope it all goes well for her

I wonder how the flash forward will work with Leela away and a new Ollie, is it happening since Bryan Kirkwood is stepping down or has already done

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Haven’t watched Hollyoaks in a while & just started again. Is sienna faiths biological mother ?

je551e wrote: »
    Haven’t watched Hollyoaks in a while & just started again. Is sienna faiths biological mother ?

No Faith's parents are Liberty and Brody, Sienna had no eggs left

Kirsty-Leigh Porter has announced she has welcomed a baby with partner Paul Barber

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hollyoaks/a34922990/hollyoaks-kirsty-leigh-porter-welcomes-baby/

Well I did not expect that return and mole helper twist :eek:
    Seth Costello
    so sick of the Sienna and Warren drama again, toxic dull couple imho and I was liking Warren's friendships with Brody and Sylver

• Advertisement

I think kicking Ollie out was the wrong move by Luke, Cindy would not do that to Holly, Alfie or Hilton, also Alfie or Holly or OB no mention for Tom's wedding

Well I'm disappointed in the flash forward, Jordan dead by Ella, Juliet survives :mad: I really detest her

Isn’t there another death though? Was John paul screaming at a body bag? Agree it was crap last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Long time since I watched. This is very bad, all week. I liked the hollyoaks classics I used follow it closely back then!

Isn’t there another death though? Was John paul screaming at a body bag? Agree it was crap last night!

PC Kiss left his ID by the body bag so John Paul thought it was him

Edward and Jordan are dead

PC Kiss left his ID by the body bag so John Paul thought it was him

Edward and Jordan are dead

Ya saw that on last nights one

It was very poor especially considering the big deal made out of the flash forward. I wonder did anything change with the pandemic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Was the lad with the crutches deaf as a baby in this?

PieOhMy wrote: »

No that was Charlie, the youngster hiding under the table? I think!

How did Charlie and Ella not hear Jordan letting Juliet and Sid go, thus redeeming himself

• Advertisement

PieOhMy wrote: »

Oscar who is Nancy and Darren's kid is deaf

Charlie is Justin and Becca's kid which Nancy and Darren raised

Advertisement