Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Day - 13th/14th October 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Posting in here as its prime day related. Ordered 2 things, both had been dispatched, well so I thought...

Checked tracking this morning and they have both been marked as 'Undeliverable', saying it was cancelled and I will have a refund within 5-7 days....

Anyone experience this before or know why it happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Kamu

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Posting in here as its prime day related. Ordered 2 things, both had been dispatched, well so I thought...

Checked tracking this morning and they have both been marked as 'Undeliverable', saying it was cancelled and I will have a refund within 5-7 days....

I got that last week as well.

It was later updated to say that the package was damaged in transit and sent back to the sender.

Now my package was a face mask and a jumper, so what damaged could have incurred I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Had same thing on prime day deal which I used a prime day only coupon on. Dispatched by UPS. At the exact same time tracking number was provided, it was marked as damaged and returned to sender so I think Amazon up to no good. Tracking number doesn't exist on UPS website.

Just checked, mine said the exact same, although it seems to have made it to IE and then returned...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

Kamu wrote: »

It was later updated to say that the package was damaged in transit and sent back to the sender.

Now my package was a face mask and a jumper, so what damaged could have incurred I don't know.

Torn or spillage I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Kamu

Turn or spillage I'd imagine.

That makes sense actually.

Has 2 day shipping to Ireland ended in recent weeks? I cant seem to find anything on there that wont arrive before the 27th...

The webcam I ordered on prime day I have to pay full price for, and it wont be here for another week.

One of the lads ordered a travel mug last week, seemed to be delivered by an Amazon delivery driver on Saturday, could follow him around on the app and knew how many stops away he was from his house etc. Pretty cool

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Has 2 day shipping to Ireland ended in recent weeks? I cant seem to find anything on there that wont arrive before the 27th...

The webcam I ordered on prime day I have to pay full price for, and it wont be here for another week.

One of the lads ordered a travel mug last week, seemed to be delivered by an Amazon delivery driver on Saturday, could follow him around on the app and knew how many stops away he was from his house etc. Pretty cool

Thats the problem with Prime day lots of orders slower picking and packing. The time the actual parcel is in the actual delivery system once it leaves an Amazon warehouse remains mostly the same.

Looks like 27th as you say for many items but check again tomorrow as they seem to change those dates at midnight depending on order levels.

My stuff that was supposed to be delivered Wednesday is out for delivery to day (Monday) so they are often quicker than they say.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Gru

Got the kindle kids (ordered Tuesday prime day) delivered this morning An post tracking says it's still in Heathrow!

but new postman left it out in the heavy rain in the (unsheltered) doorway....as i picked up the box the kindle box fell out of it so i am hoping its ok :( its a Christmas gift so its a wait and see. no damage on kindle box visible!

just lucky it wasn't a book in there the box was soaked through! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

My big box of celebrations arrived last Friday
    Expiry date of 28th March 2021, probably wont last nearly that long :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Tablet arrived about 10 this morning, six days after ordering

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

jeffk wrote: »
    Tablet arrived about 10 this morning, six days after ordering

D1dgB63Q_400x400.jpg

podge018 wrote: »
    D1dgB63Q_400x400.jpg

Thought everyone posting when stuff arrived so joined in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

yeah the shrug was to it all really, wasn't to pick you out specifically, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,011 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Torn or spillage I'd imagine.

I got a laptop case this morning in what was effectively a paper bag, albeit a heavy duty one. Emblazoned with Amazon 100% recyclable. Easily torn though.

In other news, all my prime day purchases have arrived, 7 separate packages via Amazon, an post and DPD.

Slow delivery aside.

The short time I put play store etc and installed some apps on it, the fire 10 HD seems great

E102 compared to E180 in curry's as well

My father won't know himself, he's currently using a lenovo tab 10 or that, well past its usability

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭VG31

Most items have changed to the 22nd now. It's a bit all over the place recently so I wouldn't be surprised if it changes again.

EDIT: Back to the 27th already!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 IamSilly

Happened my partner last night with a FitBit she ordered. She had already received the dispatch email.
    FitBit now listing back at it's regular price of £60 dearer.

Emailed them, firstly to see what happened and also to complain.

Within 20 minutes of email they had another one sent out to her at the Prime Day price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

OmegaGene wrote: »
    This has gone from bargains to
    I got my delivery/ my delivery is on the way

You can tell who are the people that don't shop often on Amazon and get sucked in for the Prime Day hype.

Zardoz wrote: »
    You can tell who are the people that don't shop often on Amazon and get sucked in for the Prime Day hype.

Only reason I, used prime trials was to get firesticks and then the tablet for my father this year

Once they managed to trick me into paying for prime

Usually I use parcel wizard if I have to use amazon, too many "UK" sellers that turn out to be actually from China etc and the fun that brings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Johnrazz

I see a few posts complaining about people posting delivery dates etc so apologies for another one here but I’m a newbie to this.

Ordered a fair few items on prime day, most have arrived no problems at all. Just waiting for a pair of kindles which had this weds bas the delievery date since time of purchase, it’s now been changed til ‘expected delivery date Friday 23rd of October’ but there is no trackment shipping on it and it tells me to check ups for this which I have and they say they’ve got a docket and are awaiting the package in Germany, is still standard enough yeah?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭purplestar77

Waiting to see if I’ll get the whisky order via PM - due to be delivered to NI today but was delayed.

By some fluke I got it delivered via PM locker no problem ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Am noticing that a few things that I got (in the last 10 minutes) on Prime Day aren't coming via An Post.

I had a strange one, probably indicates that An Post are overloaded and operate a last in first out sorting policy.

One item reached An Post in Dublin on Saturday about around lunchtime and another got there on the Sunday also around lunchtime. Guess which one arrived today and which one will arrive tomorrow?

So the item I expected as it had been sitting in Dublin since Saturday won't be delivered till tomorrow (Tuesday) the item that was a day later in Dublin was delivered today (Monday).

Kamu wrote: »

spix wrote: »
    Had same thing on prime day deal which I used a prime day only coupon on. Dispatched by UPS. At the exact same time tracking number was provided, it was marked as damaged and returned to sender so I think Amazon up to no good. Tracking number doesn't exist on UPS website.

As an update here, I got a notification from Amazon app that my order would be delivered by 9:00PM tonight. I checked the tracking on the order, and it arrived back in Dublin this morning at 03:33AM... But the order still says undeliverable.. weird one. Will see if it arrives later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

UPS Package from UK to Ireland is Delayed at Customs !!! Brexit ?

Delayed at Customs
    Your package is being processed by Customs officials. UPS may require additional information from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

I have a package with 4 items in it from Prime day being delivered by UPS US.

My package is currently with postman "Out for delivery" doesn't look like there was any delay in processing.

BobbyT28

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

TimHorton wrote: »
    UPS Package from UK to Ireland is Delayed at Customs !!! Brexit ?

Delayed at Customs
    Your package is being processed by Customs officials. UPS may require additional information from you.

Does it contain something like a battery or liquid? It wouldn't have anything to do with Brexit yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Does it contain something like a battery or liquid? It wouldn't have anything to do with Brexit yet.

Sleeping Blanket !

• Advertisement

TimHorton wrote: »
    Sleeping Blanket !

Probably in use by the night shift, you'll get it back when they find another one :) .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement