Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Yeah, great shout with the Sound of Music and Wille Wonka

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭DvB

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »

I only read about it today too. I think that’s because it was thrown together quite quickly to help raise funds for closed theatres.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That book must surely have the record for most film and TV adaptations!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Netflix Lands ‘Elf On The Shelf’ Brand For Film, TV Live Action & Animated Projects
    https://deadline.com/2020/10/netflix-the-elf-on-the-shelf-brand-film-tv-live-action-animated-holiday-projects-deal-1234594535/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭Worztron

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭Worztron

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Posy wrote: »
    That book must surely have the record for most film and TV adaptations!

https://www.quora.com/What-book-has-been-adapted-into-films-the-greatest-number-of-times

at least 24 times!! :eek:
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭tscul32

Worztron wrote: »

Remember going to see this in the cinema. My dad brought me and my brother and sister and we bumped into my aunt and uncle and 4 cousins in the queue. The cousins had a huge box of lemons seasons greetings with them and I remember the excitement when the box came down our end of the row.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Jingle Jangle is coming to Netflix November 13th ......... looks good!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jingle_Jangle:_A_Christmas_Journey

• Advertisement

tscul32 wrote: »
    Remember going to see this in the cinema. My dad brought me and my brother and sister and we bumped into my aunt and uncle and 4 cousins in the queue. The cousins had a huge box of lemons seasons greetings with them and I remember the excitement when the box came down our end of the row.

I assume they weren't even hiding that they were bringing in their own food? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭tscul32

In 1985 only the super rich would be buying cinema popcorn - don't know if they even had fancy stuff like bags of maltesers back then

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Loughc wrote: »
    I only read about it today too. I think that’s because it was thrown together quite quickly to help raise funds for closed theatres.

Not movie related per se, however Radio Times always reminds me of Christmas. My Granddad always had the Christmas edition in his house.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

tscul32 wrote: »
    In 1985 only the super rich would be buying cinema popcorn

In 2020 this still applies.... :o

Loughc wrote: »
    In 2020 this still applies.... :o

And dont start me on the pick & mix!! Was stung for over €20 about a year ago for a bag that had a couple of handfuls of sweets tops. Complete rip off.

DvB wrote: »
    And dont start me on the pick & mix!! Was stung for over €20 about a year ago for a bag that had a couple of handfuls of sweets tops. Complete rip off.

My OH says years of smuggling bottles of vodka into pubs has honed her technic for cinemas :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Worztron wrote: »

Always takes me back to my childhood. A great film. Underrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Watched the 2018 version of The Grinch at the weekend and it was so cute. Really enjoyed it.

My parents were such pros in the 80s for sneaking food into the cinema that when I came along they would regularly sneak me in by hiding me in a jacket draped over their arm. My earliest memory of the cinema is Jurrasic Park :)

Got the link to the trailer for the new Christmas Chronicles in the Netflix Recommendations thread, I didn't watch it as I avoid any and all trailers, but in case anyone else wants to see it...
    https://youtu.be/HVzBwSOcBaI

Oh I haven't seen the 2018 Grinch movie yet, I'll have to put it on the list! :)

My parents were such pros in the 80s for sneaking food into the cinema that when I came along they would regularly sneak me in by hiding me in a jacket draped over their arm. My earliest memory of the cinema is Jurrasic Park :)

Got the link to the trailer for the new Christmas Chronicles in the Netflix Recommendations thread, I didn't watch it as I avoid any and all trailers, but in case anyone else wants to see it...
    https://youtu.be/HVzBwSOcBaI

Oh I haven't seen the 2018 Grinch movie yet, I'll have to put it on the list! :)

Once they didn't try to sneak on you holidays in the suitcase :D

• Advertisement

TRS30 wrote: »
    Once they didn't try to sneak on you holidays in the suitcase :D

Not that I remember anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

THE THREE WISE MEN is created by the director of huge animated mega-hits THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS and Dr. Seuss THE GRINCH, Yarrow Cheney, and his wife, Carrie.
    It will be available digitally on Nov. 27.

Trailer

Movies 24 turns to Christmas 24 as of tomorrow (Sat. 24.10.20) so another movie channel with dodgy Halmark style christmas flicks for those of you into that sort of thing :D

https://www.tvmovies24.com/schedule/24-10-2020

I wonder is that on Virgin Media? :/

Posy wrote: »
    I wonder is that on Virgin Media? :/

Looks like it might only be on Virgin in the UK, however I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Does anyone genuinely enjoy this films. Love Christmas but honestly can't stand any of them.

Some of them are watchable, I don't look at many Hallmark type films, but they usually have gorgeous Christmas scenes, lovely decorations, beautiful snowy landscapes, magical small towns and so on. It makes up for the lack of plot, coherent dialogue, character development etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I think the idea of them is usually alot better than the reality. Even this month I thought id try a few Autumn\October films on Netflix while no one was looking and a few minutes in they where all pretty bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,245 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I love them :) The scenes, locations, the food, Christmas spirit and I’m a sucker for romantic films :)

• Advertisement

I don't watch any of those films expecting an edge of my seat emotional roller coaster with oscar winning performances. I just take them for what they are. :)

Advertisement