Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New York Jets Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

phatkev wrote: »
    Fixed your post!

But yeah that is really shocking, also anytime the camera panned to him when the offense werent on the field he had no interest on what was happening. NOt what you really want from a head coach. Cant wait to see him and Williams eventually come to blows

Half time of the Chiefs game, after Mahomes puts them 40 up, Gase finally looks up from the playbook and sees Williams pointing to his head and instructing Williamson and Jenkins to take aim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

See Steve McLendon has been traded as well, another team captain gone

See Steve McLendon has been traded as well, another team captain gone

with this season done and at his age I guess that's fine, might as well get trade value for whatever we can now. Crowder next I would guess.

hots wrote: »
    with this season done and at his age I guess that's fine, might as well get trade value for whatever we can now. Crowder next I would guess.

Yeah I think Crowder goes as well, I wouldnt be surprised if someone came looking for Heardon as well, even though he's been **** so far this season

Yeah I think Crowder goes as well, I wouldnt be surprised if someone came looking for Heardon as well, even though he's been **** so far this season

I'd say he's been bad enough to drag his value to zero. Only other one could be Jenkins maybe? Apart from that everyone is cuttable.

• Advertisement

Really strange game today, Loggins was given the play calling duties and it looked really positive in the first half, but as soon as the Bills figured them out they had no answers, they managed a massive 4 yards of offense in the 2nd half. Darnold was like two different people in the 1st and 2nd half.
    Defence gave up 0 TDs for the first time this season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

I was really worried first half we were going to balls up the #1 pick.

Thankfully normal service resumed 2nd half.

Darnold absolutely stank up the show after half time.

Darnold watch is on. Barring something miraculous the remaining 9 games the Jets will have a new QB next year even if they miss out on Lawrence.

The amount of reads he misses, struggles to see blitzes, erratic throws etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Yes, it is very difficult to see the Jets picking up the option on Darnold now. It is all a case of where they pick next year. Pick high they surely go QB. Win a few games (looks remote but...) and they may be forced to bring in a veteran to compete with Darnold.

I think Lawrence will be their QB next year.

Well that was a close call :o

Well that was a close call :o

Ha, I was coming to post the exact same thing!

Joe managing to keep us entertained whilst continuing the tank!

Really hope Bectons injury is not too serious, and if it is I'd rather put him on IR and called it a season

• Advertisement

Really hope Bectons injury is not too serious, and if it is I'd rather put him on IR and called it a season

100%, no need to risk him, and Edoga or Clark getting reps is no harm at all in the meantime. I only watched the game in 60 this morning, thought Ashtyn Davis was very hard-done-by losing the sack, didn't see much of him apart from that. Perine looked passable, enough to be part of an RBBC next year or relief guy. Perriman and Mims both promising, particularly when stretching the field. Langi had a good day by his standards, him and Huff making cases for themselves as rotational guys. Corners were poisonous. Probably the quietest D line game?

First 3 picks next year (1, 31, 33 ish) should be Trevor, WR/CB, CB/WR. All of our CBs are at absolute best CB2 guys, even that is a stretch. A WR group of DraftPick31, Mims, Crowder, Perriman suddenly looks a lot more healthy. Would like us to spend middling picks on defense with a couple of flyers late on TE/RB maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

That was absolutely sickening as they were there for the taking and the Jets did not deserve to lose. First time I watched a whole Jets game this season and probably their best performance!

If Flacco was playing week in week out I doubt he would have made that pass in the 3rd that gave them an eventual TD. But having an extra man on the field when they were kicking is a catastrophic error.

All of this talk of tanking to ensure a good draft pick is offensive to the players who are putting theior bodies on the line weekly. I sincerely hope the Jets can win one or more games this season and on that evidence last night they hopefully will. Bye week to rest up and take care of injuries and onto the Chargers.

Pathetic to see New Jersey native Jon Bon Jovi yukking it up with Kraft last night and cheering them.

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    But having an extra man on the field when they were kicking is a catastrophic error.

Almost absurd enough to be deliberate :cool:

As if we could coordinate something like that.

If they could have been more responsible today they could have won against a Chargers that were there for the taking. Juvenile mistakes like not converting from an opening TD (honestly how can you miss???), getting a turnover and Flacco throwing a pick 6 straight away and when Rivers ran and went down only to get back and get smashed speak volumes.

Still though the Jets brought it to the end. Maybe I am being optimistic from living here but I feel there is a win there in the last six. Players are not going out to lose and that thinking is offensive. When Flacco airs it he is most effective but he's not that Ravens Super Bowl MVP.

Mims best for Jets with great hands, strength and consistency.

When this fixture came out I was going to go as a stadium fiend but..................

Mims looked great, maybe with a proper playcaller next year we'll give him a look before the 4th quarter? :o

Becton didn't get beat all night, against a strong Charger front line (although Bosa was over RT most of the night)

That Flacco pick 6 was one of the worst throws I've seen this year, if Darnold made it he would have been crucified.

Mims looked great, maybe with a proper playcaller next year we'll give him a look before the 4th quarter? :o

Becton didn't get beat all night, against a strong Charger front line (although Bosa was over RT most of the night)

That Flacco pick 6 was one of the worst throws I've seen this year, if Darnold made it he would have been crucified.

Another game where he didnt play 100% of the snaps, which would leave you slightly worried
    Bosa started on his side but wasnt long about moving over to the right side!

Another game where he didnt play 100% of the snaps, which would leave you slightly worried
    Bosa started on his side but wasnt long about moving over to the right side!

Yeah he's had a fair few knocks already, hopefully nothing long-term though.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭corner back 2

Wow that was bad even for the Jets. Sam is broken and I don't know if he will ever reach his potential even if he signs with another team. The play calling was comically bad and even the dogs on the streets knew that the Jets were going to run the ball every 1st down. A good few bright spots on defence with Quinnen being the major one. Hard to see where a win will come from #tankfortrevor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭franglan

The umpires are all in on the tanking too - that Parker catch call was out there. Gore mustnt be able to believe his luck - 37 years young and the amount of touches he's getting. It's bordering on playing madden in career mode and you're the running back and have 52 speed rating...

Wow that was bad even for the Jets. Sam is broken and I don't know if he will ever reach his potential even if he signs with another team. The play calling was comically bad and even the dogs on the streets knew that the Jets were going to run the ball every 1st down. A good few bright spots on defence with Quinnen being the major one. Hard to see where a win will come from #tankfortrevor.

That run up the middle on 4th and 1 really took the biscuit! You could see it coming from a mile away

• Advertisement

Watching this while Rovers lose at same time :(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,911 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Well, that was close. Still in the running for the overall #1.

Wow that was close, Gregg probably needs to keep it a bit more subtle for the next few weeks :o

Wow that was close, Gregg probably needs to keep it a bit more subtle for the next few weeks :o

I think Williams would have called the same play there every time regardless of if the Jets were 0-11 or 11-0

I think Williams would have called the same play there every time regardless of if the Jets were 0-11 or 11-0

ah yeah, in fairness he'd been getting good success bringing loads of pressure. It was probably the perfect game for us, we looked bright in patches, Sam was a big weak point (and he's going to be replaced in the off season), Q & Mims showing nice flashes, depth RBs got some joy running behind Becton and his band of merry(go-round) backups.

He's (Williams) been fired now according to Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,949 ✭✭✭DenMan

0-12 would do that to you.

DenMan wrote: »
    0-12 would do that to you.

And yet Adam Gase still has a job

• Registered Users Posts: 7,949 ✭✭✭DenMan

And yet Adam Gase still has a job

For the time being. As head coach he should have overruled that Cover 0 blitz on the Raiders final play.

• Advertisement

Does him a favour in all likelihood. I saw Q wasn't happy with it, not surprised as he's one who has done well under him. For his many faults (Gregg) he's brought some relatively unknown players forward pretty nicely, with a couple of decent secondary additions and a bit more discipline it's a mid-table defense pretty quickly.

Advertisement