Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,900 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

lads has anyone owned a tudor pelagos? its a watch that i keep getting drawn back to, im sure id sell it within a few weeks but i have often admired it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,593 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Cyrus wrote: »
    lads has anyone owned a tudor pelagos? its a watch that i keep getting drawn back to, im sure id sell it within a few weeks but i have often admired it :rolleyes:

Thirdfox owns one currently I think, or at least he has until recently.

They are lovely IMO, very much on my to buy list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Today is the anniversary of my Grandfathers retirement. I've been a long time viewer and felt that my first post should be of the Gold Watch he received.
    14 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,248 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I've only tried one on, but loved it. The clasp is bulky, but impressive nonetheless. I was very tempted, but it's just a bit too similar to my sub. I'd rather the older one without the paragraph on the dial. I think you'd sell it very quickly if you did get bored.

I think that ThirdFox sold his.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Top heavy was my thoughts on it, very nice watch, build quality is fantastic but I couldn't gel with it. Weirs have on at the moment if you want to try one on. The BB58 blue is nicer, however a bit dinky on the wrist if you used to a more husky watch.

• Advertisement

Trying to take a good photo of my watches, its hard hard hard. Read some stuff online but struggling with the reflections on the watches....will keep trying.

IMG-0010.jpg

IMG-0003.jpg

IMG-0005.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I had a choice and went with the older ETA movement one because preferred the 2 line of text and 3 o'clock lume indice over the newer version.

An absolute star (though I don't have the super high end watches you wear - and wouldn't know how it comes to a Sub) - it compared very well to my 3575.20 speedy and felt better than the 36mm Seamaster my wife wears (when I'm not asking to test drive some new Sólás prototypes).

Things to note is that it is grade 2 titanium not grade 5 - scratches come out easily with an ink eraser. Some people have said there was an issue with indices in the bezel falling out (but they may have fixed that in later models - mine was always fine).

The clasp was great for diving and very innovative/comfy (again don't know if Sub is more comfy). People who like fidgeting with bezels (myself included) will enjoy that the 12 o'clock has a special extra strong click to let you know that you've reached it so can tell through feel rather than needing to look down.

To be honest though - I think you probably might sell it if you do get it as it's not "outstanding" in any particular way - it's just a really good tool watch - a great "beater" if you can consider Tudors beaters.
    banie01 wrote: »
    Thirdfox owns one currently I think, or at least he has until recently.

They are lovely IMO, very much on my to buy list.

I did sell it - to get a Hamtun H2 - a case of putting my money where my mouth was to learn more about Kickstarter and microbrands. While the H2 is great for the price (1/3-4th the price of the Pelagos) it is clearly not in the same category despite being a titanium diver with a meteorite dial and Sellita movement.

One that I really regret selling (and that I sold for a profit too btw) - may return to the fold...or maybe not if the Equinox is what I hope it will be :P

Thirdfox wrote: »
    The clasp was great for diving and very innovative/comfy (again don't know if Sub is more comfy).

I didn't wear it long enough to compare, but as the bracelet expands on demand, rather than the sub allowing you to easily adjust the size - my recollection was that it was at least as comfortable.

Did they ever make a blue version without all the text? That'd be an ideal combo IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I got this on Amazon. I just placed it on top of the box it came with and put it on the window sill. A macro lens and a bit of photoshop helps.

uVgpx4b.jpg

Great shot! I don't really care for the pics of watches dangled over a cigar or whatever, this is great though.

• Advertisement

I got this on Amazon. I just placed it on top of the box it came with and put it on the window sill. A macro lens and a bit of photoshop helps.

Have a few macros, which one are you using? Also whats your settings ? iso 100?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Fitz II wrote: »
    Have a few macros, which one are you using? Also whats your settings ? iso 100?
    Actually it wasn't a macro lens. I put an extension tube on my Sony kit lens which basically allows you to get closer. ISO 640, f/8.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Eoin wrote: »
    I didn't wear it long enough to compare, but as the bracelet expands on demand, rather than the sub allowing you to easily adjust the size - my recollection was that it was at least as comfortable.

Did they ever make a blue version without all the text? That'd be an ideal combo IMO.

Heh I actually had a Borealis sea-hawk (Pelagos homage and my first microbrand dip) in blue before selling it (at a profit!) to get the real deal black Pelagos.

The funny thing is the Sea-Hawk came in blue ceramic (and green too) before the blue Pelagos was released...so did Tudor homage the Sea-Hawk then? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭H_Lime

IMG-20201013-194915.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22 shano76

My ProMaster ISO 200m NY0040-17LEM. Cracking little watch for the money. Beautiful blue sunburst dial (@Unkel) and a great diver’s extension on an otherwise cheap but reasonable bracelet. Great dimensions & fit for my wrist & these days is rarely off it. For the money, it’s a great alternative to the Seiko SKX007/013.

529469.jpg

shano76 wrote: »
    My ProMaster ISO 200m NY0040-17LEM. Cracking little watch for the money. Beautiful blue sunburst dial (@Unkel) and a great diver’s extension on an otherwise cheap but reasonable bracelet. Great dimensions & fit for my wrist & these days is rarely off it. For the money, it’s a great alternative to the Seiko SKX007/013.

Lovely! Really like the crown position too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 shano76

banie01 wrote: »
    Lovely! Really like the crown position too.

Thanks Banie. I love the crown position because I wear watches on my right wrist (for some unknown reason) and always wanted to know what it’s like for normal lefties to have the crown against the wrist. No issue though as it’s at the 8 position!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭VW 1

As a leftie who wears a watch on the left wrist, I'd love a crown in that position as I have ended up having to get rid of watches where the crown kept bruising my wrist!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

The parts for my SKX011 build have been arriving over the past few days and I decided to start putting it together. The SKX011 bezel insert seems to be getting rare and I couldn't find one anywhere. On the off chance the guy I bought the movement and dial from might still have his I dropped him a pm on eBay. Score.. he still had his and dropped it in for free. The only thing not to arrive is a bezel sticker to hold it on, so it's just sitting on top of the bezel in the photo.

Build parts

SKX011 dial & hands, chapter ring and bezel insert, crown for now.

SKX stock mineral crystal, might later install a clear ar sapphire

7S26 movement, I have bought the matching black dlc crown but I had to choose the stem I wanted. Eventually I plan to put an NH36 in this build so I chose the stem to fit that movement, I believe it's a little shorter than the 7S26 stem.

DLW bead blasted crown with engraved "S" https://www.dlwwatches.com/collections/crowns/products/crown-skx007-bead-blasted-pvd-black-s

DLW bead blasted pvd case & case back with drilled lugs https://www.dlwwatches.com/collections/cases/products/case-skx007-bead-blasted-pvd-black-with-case-back

DLW coin edge bead blasted pvd bezel https://www.dlwwatches.com/collections/bezels/products/bezel-skx007-coin-edge-bead-blasted-pvd-black

If anyone is considering buying their own case I found DLW's to be the best value because they supply the case back along with all the gaskets and bezel spring in the case price of $88. Buying the gaskets and spring individually can add a good few quid on top.

Build cost

Movement, dial, hands, crystal, bezel insert, rubber strap $75

Case, bezel, crown $154

Chapter ring $20

So approx $250, add in the later cost of an NH36 $30 and I think it is a nice build for the money.

dal6ek7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,830 ✭✭✭893bet

Happy Friday

1-B3344-F9-1068-4-E3-A-A4-F6-D85-E1593-B4-F0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

Wearing my Tag Heuer Link CJF2114. Still on the lookout for the white one to complete the Link collection.

This and my grey Link get the most wrist time :)

529512.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Love the aesthetics of it but it runs a bit fast.

529662.jpg

Getting better at the photos......

Clipboard01.jpg

Sweet sweet blue...
    giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9523a095644900ec04e77e9605cb98c9bdf65e152d3&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 19,900 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Great pic of a very nice watch

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

• Registered Users Posts: 19,926 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

It's certainly got a rough-hewn, made in tank factory vibe going.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    Loving this mod
    SNIP

I'm in love

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

GMT Master II
    PXL-20201017-210858881-2.jpg

I decided to put this on today. I haven't worn this in months as I tend to wear my Explorer II (Polar) or my Planet Ocean most of the time. It makes a nice change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,126 ✭✭✭✭unkel

GMT Master II
    SNIP Mk11[/IMG]

I decided to put this on today. I haven't worn this in months as I tend to wear my Explorer II (Polar) or my Planet Ocean most of the time. It makes a nice change.

If you tend not to wear it, they make good money. Would you consider selling it?

Personally I would prefer a Planet Ocean and certainly a polar Explorer II too :D

GMT Master II (in any flavour) has never done anything for me

Out of interest, what size is your wrist? I'd say very similar to mine (7.5")?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement