Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

unkel wrote: »
    If you tend not to wear it, they make good money. Would you consider selling it?

Personally I would prefer a Planet Ocean and certainly a polar Explorer II too :D

GMT Master II (in any flavour) has never done anything for me

Out of interest, what size is your wrist? I'd say very similar to mine (7.5")?

I dont think I'd sell it. I have it a few years and bought it at a good price just as they started rising in money. I know I'd be on a winner if I sold it now.
    I do have a goo for a VC Overseas or BP Fifty Fathoms so maybe I'd let a few bits go if I seen either at the right price.

Wrist size is 6 3/4 inches / 17cm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Hi,
    I picked this up from Japan,a chunk of 70s funk. These were marketed to the younger hip Japanese and world market, and has unique style, there are several advan models all are far from conservative, assymetric cases, facets on the crystals.
    This particular one caught my eye as it's near NOS condition, it's running at +12 seconds a day. It has a quickset day and date feature I'm impressed by. You do either a short sharp or a long press on crown, and somehow mechanically it discriminates the two, and advances the date on short presses and the date on a long press.
    It has an orange second hand that hacks, but no handwind so it's a seiko shuffle to get it running.

The faceted crystal really plays with the light, but still the dial remains readable. The bracelet is unusual with assymetric links, and thankfully fitted just fine when it arrives. A hard thing to judge is the size of a bracelet, great when the seller measures it and includes it in the listing.

529700.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

Not as fancy as some watches on here but I like it (Not that I'll ever need to use the tachymeter)

Damn hard to take a decent pic of a watch.

529702.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Damn hard to take a decent pic of a watch.

Practicing myself today, learning that its the lighting that makes all the difference, shooting about 100 photos for every one half decent one.

IMG-0021-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,706 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Back to the gmt today

XR8URIc.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭furiousox

Lads I have one of these seiko kinetic watches that I haven't worn for 3 or 4 years.
    I picked it up today and gave it a shake and sure enough it started working again.
    I'm thinking of selling it on but I have no idea of it's value.
    Can anyone give me a clue as to what it's worth?
    Thanks.

41ix777ZjCL._AC_.jpg

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

This post is going to be a bit cross=threaded.

I was out in Howth today on my bike and on the east pier saw this newly painted mooring bollard that ties with a pic I posted in the 'other hobbies...' thread.

529714.jpg

As ever my trusty cycling Casio MRW-200H

Here's a quick link to that original photo of the Victorian Ross & Walpole foundry with the workers and top-hatted foreman in 1900.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=114505538#post114505538

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Fitz II wrote: »
    Practicing myself today, learning that its the lighting that makes all the difference, shooting about 100 photos for every one half decent one.

What a beauty! One easy hack to get even lighting is to put a sheet of card/paper on the opposite side of your light source to reflect/diffuse. Experiment with black/white to get different effects.

Eg if the daylight is from left, put paper on the right, mess with the angle to get a desired effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

njburke wrote: »
    Hi,
    I picked this up from Japan,a chunk of 70s funk. These were marketed to the younger hip Japanese and world market, and has unique style, there are several advan models all are far from conservative, assymetric cases, facets on the crystals.

That is really cool! Saw a few myself while looking on Yahoo Auctions Japan that had me tempted, didn't know they were also marketed outside Japan.

UwYiFIm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,767 ✭✭✭893bet

Like any Instagram model! It don't happen that perfect the first time!

One thing with taking photos using a macro is that the watch needs to be so so so clean. Every little smudge and waterspot shows up and makes it look like the thing has been through a cement mixer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bren_C

Latest addition and first ever Hamilton

• Registered Users Posts: 19,767 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

That is really cool! Saw a few myself while looking on Yahoo Auctions Japan that had me tempted, didn't know they were also marketed outside Japan.

Careful you don't bump into any Issey Miyake designed watches in that dangerous place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

PXL-20201019-101145510.jpg
    PXL-20201019-101111048.jpg

Wearing the Stowa today. Don't wear it enough. It's a beautiful watch. The strap is growing on me to. It's a little short but I guess who needs the extra length.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Question for you watchey types:)
    My seiko 7s26 was - 60ish which I've regulated down to - 7 sec a day if I leave it face up while sleeping.
    Are further gains improbable with this movement? I have no timegrapher, just my toothpick and a keen sense of adventure.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,511 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Just on the recent chat on how to best capture a photo of ones watch.
    This may be of some interest for those of us who want to try a bit harder ;)

The Smartphone Product Photography Course

All credit to boards.ie's resident Doyen of Udemy courses AccessAW for this one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

H_Lime wrote: »
    Question for you watchey types:)
    My seiko 7s26 was - 60ish which I've regulated down to - 7 sec a day if I leave it face up while sleeping.
    Are further gains improbable with this movement? I have no timegrapher, just my toothpick and a keen sense of adventure.

I have an SKX009K2 with this movement.

It runs between +8 and +11s per day.

What I do is leave it crown down at night and that makes it run a bit slow.

Over the course of a week's wear, it will only gain about 20 or 30s overall, doing this.

Then again, I always prefer it to run a wee but fast as opposed to slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

After leaving my Casio Duro MDV106-1A sit in the watch box to gather dust I took it out today and put it on new blue nato on. I think it gives it a new lease of life!

78ty284l.jpeg

jS1cK8ol.jpg

I need to get the battery changed, but think I will use it as my new "go to" quartz for when I don't have time to set the time and date.

The annoying thing is that the battery change will probably cost me what I paid for the watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Might try that option on my Duro sometime. Think I will pull out the crown while it sits in the box too.

New to me Speedmaster Dark Side of the Moon, original version with Deployant. This is so comfortable, the strap is amazing. Doesn't wear big at all surprisingly although tall enough. Full set, box and papers from 2019. Basically perfect condition, these zirconia cases are virtually scratch proof. I think this will complement my collection as its very different....I am beginning to think I like chronos the most. One arty shot and a few on my phone.

IMG-0006-2.jpg

IMG-0013.jpg

IMG-2686.jpg

Wow that's class fitz...does that model have actual moon dust or something in it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Gorgeous watch, well wear. I tried a GSOTM on over the summer and loved it. Surprisingly light thanks to the ceramic case.

Wow that's class fitz...does that model have actual moon dust or something in it?

No but it comes with a load of moon related marketing bull****. :D

No but it comes with a load of moon related marketing bull****. :D

Something about the speedmaster. It's probably the favorite watch I have..just love wearing it. Hard to quantify

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

Was never a fan of the standard Speedmaster but I've always loved DSOTM version of it.

Very nice Fitz.

Congratulation on a stunning watch.

Definately a lot more interesting than the standard speedie pro!

Photos skills are also improving!

[QUOTE=893bet;114985740

Photos skills are also improving![/QUOTE]

Thinking about starting a photo thread, getting good tips off the forum regulars would be nice to see what guys can do and how they are doing it.

A good idea. I need to get a macro lens for my camera!

Good that that omega is on deployant also. You don’t want to drop that Ceramic case onto the wrong floor. Dropped my ALS last week. On carpet thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,706 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Stunner

Nicest variant imo ! Well wear

• Registered Users Posts: 64,891 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Well wear!

Your collection needed something a bit sporty / funky and this is it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,511 ✭✭✭✭banie01

What can I say Fitz!
    Other than, well wear!
    Absolutely stunning watch and in fairness a lovely addition to the collection and one that adds a bit of sport to it in a very stealth fashion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement