Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Reset

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Dionaibh wrote: »
    What changes do you envisage, Accumulator?
    In it's most simpliest terms, leaders globally have looked at China in terms of managing it's own pandemic, it's citizens (inc Ughiers), it's 7% GDP forecast (for 2020), it's 'SmartCities', it's control over media or opposition, and thought....
    ...I'll have some of that.

Afterall, who inpower, does not want more 'control'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Dionaibh

In it's most simpliest terms, leaders globally have looked at China in terms of managing it's own pandemic, it's citizens (inc Ughiers), it's 7% GDP forecast (for 2020), it's 'SmartCities', it's control over media or opposition, and thought....
    ...I'll have some of that.

Afterall, who inpower, does not want more 'control'?

But they're always talking about the importance of a free press and criticising Trump for calling out the media.

So mass surveillance. Possibly a social credit system?

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    .... up to something undemocratic, without ever once giving specifics
    Is 'The Big Reset of 2021' (DAVOS/WEF/Bilderberg/Rockerfellers) by defination all entirely democratic meet-ups?

Yes there'll be some sweet zoom calls from Greta airdropped onto a melting Iceberg and so on, but there won't be any votes cast or great public consultations.

Thing is, that its you that is only concerned with dismissing the 'title' of a book, and entirely ignoring the unread contents, even the blurb bit on the back.

So we can assume from your POV, you are expecting very little in the way of any change at all, after this (once in a lifetime opportunity) twin-summit for global change across all socio-economic areas. Grand so.
    And the fact remains, it's a discussion. Businesses might adopt strategies based on findings, governments might. Nothing mandatory about them or anything.

By the way you're talking, I assume you've read the book right? :)

So mass surveillance. Possibly a social credit system?
    Cloud Blockchain is the centrepeice of all future policy from the WEF.

Reckon many countries also dream about having China's SCS, it does have both positive and negative attributes after all.

China's smart cities are also proving to be very useful for them, again positive and negative to consider with such innovations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,800 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Is 'The Big Reset of 2021' (DAVOS/WEF/Bilderberg/Rockerfellers) by defination all entirely democratic meet-ups?

It's a global forum/summit. We've had things like this before.

Paranoid and delusional people are simply unable to process this. They will never stop trying to infer it's something else. Once it happens, they will read into everything (Agenda 21, lol), then forget it until the next one, rinse repeat.

And the fact remains, it's a discussion.
    Just a chit-chat, elbow bump and chin-wag,
    or a gathering to sign and agree on policy outlined already?
    Businesses might adopt strategies based on findings
    This is not a meeting of any corporate entities, SME's, nor startups.
    There's nothing undemocratic about global conferences....
    This is not just any conference with tea and sandwiches.
    This is a once in a lifetime (twin-summit) called 'The Great Reset', a great revamp.

Again from the organiser:
    The world must act jointly and swiftly to revamp all aspects of our societies and economies, from education to social contracts and working conditions. Every country, from the United States to China, must participate, and every industry, from oil and gas to tech, must be transformed. In short, we need a “Great Reset”

This is a once in a lifetime (twin-summit) called 'The Great Reset'.

It's a global discussion and forum.

They aren't going to decide to get our local GP's to secretly "mark" us with special digital whatevers like you've been suggesting.

It's a global discussion and forum.
    See above.

This is a once in a lifetime (twin-summit) called 'The Great Reset', a great revamp.

Again from the organiser:

Again, why is it anti democratic? If you were to ban the WEF or the conference, that would be anti democratic. No policy is signed into being via the WEF... If good ideas are expressed that could become the policy of a government but that still goes through the standard legislative processes of governments. You know, the democratic ones?

• Advertisement

Again, why is it anti democratic? If you were to ban the WEF or the conference, that would be anti democratic. No policy is signed into being via the WEF... If good ideas are expressed that could become the policy of a government but that still goes through the standard legislative processes of governments. You know, the democratic ones?
    Putting aside the invite-only similar (Bilderberg) who hand pick global 'personas' to agree on state, corporate and global policy direction (undemocratic).

One simple example of policy via TheGreatReset you can be asured of is the 'CommonPass Framework' (as per WEF, and funded by the Rockerfellers). This model will shortly (<end 2021) and informally spearhead towards reach global realisation (even before any WEF/DAVOS meetup agrees to it formally mid-year).

If Brazil, Ireland or someone else refuses to sign up to this Framework, the penality of doing so, will be near global exclusion from regular travel, through the majority of the world's airports.

Systemic changes are on the way, again direct 'expectation' from the WEF:
    We must build entirely new foundations for our economic and social systems. The level of cooperation and ambition this implies is unprecedented

A comment on an article in The Telegraph about Johnson shutting down businesses in the UK:

"This is about total decimation of the economy so that Klaus Schwab's great reset or fourth industrial revolution can be implemented.

Johnson isn't oblivious to the destruction, he's not incompetent; Johnson is doing EXACTLY what he has been told to do.

In the coming months Johnson and Hancock will herald in this new world order (Great Reset posters already up in parts of the UK) and the gullible amongst us will think how wonderful that something good has come out of this crisis. But the more informed amongst us will realise that the virus has been used as trojan horse to accelerate the plans of one of the most ethically repugnant psychopaths on this planet.

The measures taken by our government (most governments) were never about health: it has always been about control.

Say goodbye to life as you knew it.

Say hello to totalitarianism, global government, digital currency, AI, endless vaccines, and, ultimately, depopulation.

Research The Great Reset and educate yourself."

A comment on an article in The Telegraph about Johnson shutting down businesses in the UK:

"This is about total decimation of the economy so that Klaus Schwab's great reset or fourth industrial revolution can be implemented.

Johnson isn't oblivious to the destruction, he's not incompetent; Johnson is doing EXACTLY what he has been told to do.

Cool. So let's fact-check this claim.

1. Who has told Johnson to "decimate" the economy in the UK?
    2. Why?

No imagined answers, only real ones backed up by evidence.

If you can't provide these, this is yet another example of a paranoid person on the internet inventing an (incredibly silly) theory with no credible evidence

Say hello to totalitarianism, global government, digital currency, AI, endless vaccines, and, ultimately, depopulation.

The "educate" there means go read conspiracy sites that contain nothing but disinfo and endless fantasies of totalitarian governments taking over. It's always "just around the corner".

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Say goodbye to life as you knew it.

I have to say I'm very disappointed.
    Previously you said you understood why one of your conspiracy theories were wrong and you accepted that you were wrong. But here you are still promoting them same nonsense.

Did you not apply critical thinking like you said you would?

King Mob wrote: »
    Previously you said you understood why one of your conspiracy theories were wrong and you accepted that you were wrong. But here you are still promoting them same nonsense.

It's a bit telling that no poster complaining about the Great Reset appears to have read the book. You'd think it'd bolster their argument.

It's a bit telling that no poster complaining about the Great Reset appears to have read the book. You'd think it'd bolster their argument.

Even so, it's already been demonstrated in this thread that some online reviewer who actually read the book completely misconstrued it's meanings and changed context

If someone has a highly paranoid filter, they may simply be unable or unwilling to process information normally, i.e. reading into things that aren't there

Cool. So let's fact-check this claim.

1. Who has told Johnson to "decimate" the economy in the UK?
    2. Why?

No imagined answers, only real ones backed up by evidence.

If you can't provide these, this is yet another example of a paranoid person on the internet inventing an (incredibly silly) theory with no credible evidence

Putting myself in the person who wrote the comment's shoes, this is what I imagine they are thinking:

1. Klaus Schwab and WEF in order to "build back better" and "reset" the old destroyed society. The increasing use of "build back better" and the Great Reset itself is evidence, but not proof.

2. To "build back better" and reset the old destroyed society.

I'm too afraid to read the book. It sounds scary.

But then I thought about it a bit more and did a bit more reading, and I think there may be something to it. But I'm open to being wrong. I think that's a good way to look at things.

• Advertisement

Do you think all the people on social media who are very worried about the Great Reset, people who comment on YouTube videos and on newspaper articles, are conspiracy theorists? The reason they're worried is because of how dramatic and far-reaching the Great Reset sounds.

But then I thought about it a bit more and did a bit more reading, and I think there may be something to it. But I'm open to being wrong. I think that's a good way to look at things.

I don't think that's true.
    I don't think you're being genuine. You are using very dishonest arguments and tactics.

You didn't do any reading, you read conspiracy blogs and watched conspiracy youtube videos.
    And again you did not apply any critical thinking and fell for the same nonsense you agreed was wrong.

You should perhaps stop watching youtube as you don't seem very well suited to judging reality from ficition and seem to want to believe a conspiracy, even when you know it's silly and doesn't make sense.

I don't think that's true.
    I don't think you're being genuine. You are using very dishonest arguments and tactics.

You didn't do any reading, you read conspiracy blogs and watched conspiracy youtube videos.
    And again you did not apply any critical thinking and fell for the same nonsense you agreed was wrong.

You should perhaps stop watching youtube as you don't seem very well suited to judging reality from ficition and seem to want to believe a conspiracy, even when you know it's silly and doesn't make sense.

What's silly about the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6pzXrEBqR0

The man who made the video did a lot of research and quotes people involved with the Great Reset.

And I watched interviews with Schwab himself. He's talking about stakeholder capitalism, and resetting every aspect of human behaviour, work etc. It's crazy.

I'm too afraid to read the book. It sounds scary.

So you're saying something sounds scary so avoiding the primary source and instead choose to believe convoluted conspiracy theories.

So you're saying something sounds scary so avoiding the primary source and instead choose to believe convoluted conspiracy theories.

But I don't think that video I posted a link to is a conspiracy theory. The man who made the video quotes people who are involved with the reset.

What's silly about the following video:

The man who made the video did a lot of research and quotes people involved with the Great Reset.

And I watched interviews with Schwab himself. He's talking about stakeholder capitalism, and resetting every aspect of human behaviour, work etc. It's crazy.
    But we've been over this.
    Bad people can twist and alter and misrepresent things.
    Bad people who want to trick you.

I really feel bad for bursting your bubble of innocence on this. But you can't trust people on the internet.

Also, why do you keep trying to deflect and avoid topics and points when they become uncomfortable for you. That's a very dishonest tactic and lends weight to the notion that you aren't being genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,440 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

What's silly about the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6pzXrEBqR0

How do you know? Because he says so? Have you done any research yourself to verify his claims or are you taking him at face value?

How do you know? Because he says so? Have you done any research yourself to verify his claims or are you taking him at face value?

He shows clips of people talking about different things (technology, transhumanism etc). No misquoting.

But we've been over this.
    Bad people can twist and alter and misrepresent things.
    Bad people who want to trick you.

I really feel bad for bursting your bubble of innocence on this. But you can't trust people on the internet.

Also, why do you keep trying to deflect and avoid topics and points when they become uncomfortable for you. That's a very dishonest tactic and lends weight to the notion that you aren't being genuine.

But I don't believe the man who made the video is misrepresenting things.

• Advertisement

He shows clips of people talking about different things (technology, transhumanism etc). No misquoting.
    But you have to understand that dishonest people can present quotes in ways that misrepresent them without actually changing what they say.
    It's very easy to do and scam artists do it a lot.

Just because someone is providing a quote it doesn't mean they are accurately representing it's context and meaning.

Again, this is basic critical thinking stuff.
    Have you honestly not considered this a possibility?

Maybe you should actually read the book to ensure this is not the case.

But you won't do this I think because you would prefer to believe in a conspiracy theory.

Advertisement