Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Had a couple coming over for lunch.
    Asian pork belly.
    Mrs Beer woke up with a slight temperature, so had to cancel. Was looking forward to a bit of social interaction.

My sister and her boyfriend got engaged yesterday. My folks are having them over for drinks later and I can't join them because of the stupid one household rule >:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,350 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    He is such a sweet person after all.

So you've had a bite off of the Seph apple to be able to confirm that now have you!?! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Both Roger Federer and Michael Schumacher are likely to have significant records equalled today by pale imitations of their greatness.

This displeased me deeply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

When you slice your finger, and it feels like two tectonic plates grinding each other when you move it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

i go to a 2 euro shop, name starts with D, I Buy a can opener 2 euro.
    i could not open a can of bean,s ,when i used it it just broke, and bent out of shape .
    the same shop sells bike locks 2 euro.they are useless , anyone could break em,or open them with a small piece of wood or a cheap screwdriver.
    they look like this, these locks will stop no one,if they want to steal your bike.

why are shops allowed to sell items that do not work.

if i buy a spoon or a screwdriver i assume it will not fall apart instantly and might actually perform the function as per the label .

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

In fairness you are asking for it spending 2 euro on kitchen utensils.

As John Ruskin said,

It’s unwise to pay too much, but it’s worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money — that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You can always return the items to the shop... EU rules and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

No liquid soap with pump dispensers on sale in the shops....WTF??.is this an unannounced side-effect of COVID??
    Genuine question.....Are you supposed to re-use a pump from an old one or open the top and squeeze the stuff on to your hand??i actually have no clue.....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If they're a refill, you can use the old pump. You can also transfer the soap into an empty pump dispenser. There are no set rules.

New Home wrote: »
    If they're a refill, you can use the old pump. You can also transfer the soap into an empty pump dispenser. There are no set rules.

Why,thank you:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,175 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the way hand sanitiser manages to find little nicks and cuts on your hands that you didnt know you had

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    He is such a sweet person after all.

thumb_742522952481872.png

the way hand sanitiser manages to find little nicks and cuts on your hands that you didnt know you had

I imagine they’re related to salt n vinegar crisps - those bastards do that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

See also: squeezing citrus fruit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

RTE's Mayo born news reporter, the eyebrowless Fergal O'Brien, persistently referring to HOlloween as though he was a 7th generation inbred moonshine distiller from West Virginia. :mad:

Cop yourself on, Fergal, - it's HAlloween - just like your mammy used to call it when you were a nipper.

RTE's Mayo born news reporter, the eyebrowless Fergal O'Brien, persistently referring to HOlloween as though he was a 7th generation inbred moonshine distiller from West Virginia. :mad:

Cop yourself on, Fergal, - it's HAlloween - just like your mammy used to call it when you were a nipper.

That bloke looks distinctly unwell,always looks pale and sweaty:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That in Ireland we drive on the left . It seems stupid when most of the world drive on the right , especially Europe. Trivial but I just don’t get it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Archeron

Black toothpaste. I don't care if it is made of the finest charcoal from Beverly hills, toothpaste should not be black.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Dear cyclists and joggers in the park. Please note that travelling two abreast makes it practically impossible to maintain a 2 metre distance from you, even when I manage to haul the baby's pram into the ditch as you approach. TA people who have zero consideration for other park users.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Buying and cooking food.I have a pain in my arse with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

It's that time of the year again..
    Laying out my clothes for the morning.. Layers and layers and a coat and scarf. It'll take me an extra 5 minutes to pull all these on in the morning :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Antares35 wrote: »
    Dear cyclists and joggers in the park. Please note that travelling two abreast makes it practically impossible to maintain a 2 metre distance from you, even when I manage to haul the baby's pram into the ditch as you approach. TA people who have zero consideration for other park users.

Today I was walking down a pedestrianised street and heard a bicycle bell ringing behind me and to my right and a woman shouting 'watch out', so I stepped to the left to let her past, and was nearly hit by the woman's partner, who was riding right next to her. Where exactly was I meant to go, like? Pair of them then looked at me like *I* was the idiot. They couldn't have just gone around me in single file like normal people?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

I do a lot of DIY stuff in the house, so hands usually have nicks here and there and every time I use it, doing my bit for me and my fellow man, it's: "ooh, oww, argh, ****, Jesus."

• Registered Users Posts: 30,350 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Recently got a crockpot and have decided to give it a go today. I got a recipe online for a stew and one of the ingredients is a 400g tin of tomatoes. I've added it but it smells very tomatoey now.

I think I'll probably end up having the leftover veg with baby potatoes tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Recently got a crockpot and have decided to give it a go today. I got a recipe online for a stew and one of the ingredients is a 400g tin of tomatoes. I've added it but it smells very tomatoey now.

I think I'll probably end up having the leftover veg with baby potatoes tonight.

Funnily enough I made a stew in my slow cooker on Saturday. I've had the thing for about 4 years now and any stew I've ever got a recipe for said to put in either tomatoes or tomato puree. They always come out more like a bolognese and less like a stew. Finally decided to ignore the recipes and leave out the puree and it was a success.

My TA is that I've a long sleeved tshirt on and a fluffy jumper and the heating on and I'm still cold. Gonna have to invest in thermals if I'm working from home for the whole winter or else my heating bill is going to be through the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I'm so not looking forward to the boring documentation I have to do for work that I went and paid my TV licence just so I'd be doing something else.

TA'd that I'm €160 down and I still have to do the documentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

During a teams meeting and my colleague is sharing her screen to go through the minutes. They're about 10 pages long. Every time we'd finish discussing one point, she wouldn't scroll down to the next point until my boss said - can you scroll down there please so we can see.
    Her little arrow starts fumbling across the screen pulling it down to the next point.
    Que discussion on said point then wrapping up.
    Boss - can you scroll down as we go please??
    ...her arrow starts dicking around the screen again.
    Christ almighty it's so irritating!! Its hardly rocket science scrolling from point to point. I felt like screaming at her "Use your goddamn head you absolutely infuriating asshole!!"

*anger may be disproportionate to actual event*

Porklife wrote: »
    During a teams meeting and my colleague is sharing her screen to go through the minutes. They're about 10 pages long. Every time we'd finish discussing one point, she wouldn't scroll down to the next point until my boss said - can you scroll down there please so we can see.
    Her little arrow starts fumbling across the screen pulling it down to the next point.
    Que discussion on said point then wrapping up.
    Boss - can you scroll down as we go please??
    ...her arrow starts dicking around the screen again.
    Christ almighty it's so irritating!! Its hardly rocket science scrolling from point to point. I felt like screaming at her "Use your goddamn head you absolutely infuriating asshole!!"

*anger may be disproportionate to actual event*

No it’s not - until you’ve gone on mute and screamed abuse it’s not a meeting!

Use less water/stock tomatoes than you think.

It wont dry out.I find putting a stock cube in does wonders and worstershire sauce.

• Advertisement

Right not a TA as such,anyone ever applied for Disability.

I have decided i need too.Im deaf and need hearing aids and constant ear aches are doing my nut in.

So how did you find getting it.Was it easy or did they give you the runaround.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement