Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

I rang in an order to the localchipper for a chicken breast in a bun. It must have got lost in translation or something because when I got home and unwrapped the packaging, it was just a whole chicken breast. I had been so looking forward to a bun with all the trimmings.

Aw that sucks, do you have bread at home at least? I also ordered food and it only arrived ten minutes ago lukewarm. So pissed off cos I'm exhausted and didn't feel like cooking hence ordering and wanted an early night but now I'm full and wont sleep for ages and it wasn't even nice 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 13,091 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Porklife wrote: »
    Aw that sucks, do you have bread at home at least? I also ordered food and it only arrived ten minutes ago lukewarm. So pissed off cos I'm exhausted and didn't feel like cooking hence ordering and wanted an early night but now I'm full and wont sleep for ages and it wasn't even nice 😡
    I was too hungry to wait to cook a bun and add salad etc. Oh well.
    I'm annoyed at myself for not looking in the bag in the car.

To thine own self be true

TA'd at shopping in an "Asian" (hope it's ok to say; cos the bloke were one :pac: ) ran shop, and made to feel like a criminal- A daybreak/Centra convenience type store - not one what sells specifically Asian Pro deuce.

Went in to get a few bits of provisions earlier on, and the bloke was looking at me all suspicious. Reminded me of a Tim Roth flick from years ago where similar happened - only difference was Tim went postal :D

It's not the first time either. Maybe "They" (That's another TA THEYre :) ie according to PC BS when, or under what circumstances is it okay to "stereotype" a foreign grouping when there is or are traits what those groupings have higher examples of than say, other groups/Nationalities etc..
    Tis a head-scratcher.

Is there an "etiquette" or somesuch in these places I wonder.. I greeted; or at least gave him an acknowledgement when I walked in. What more could I have done..?

Mebbe tis a "cultural" thing :(:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The last three things that I have bought on line have been defective in some way. The hassle of returning them, paying postage that you won't get back and then not receiving the refund. ****ing hate shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Broadband is sh1t tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I was working last night but had to stay awake today expecting a parcel. Then I got an email saying I wasn't here when they came. My doorbell is broken and they usually ring but this time they didn't. I have to drive to the depot Monday now. I asked my landlord to fix my doorbell and he said he wasn't in a financial position to get it fixed? My neighbour refuses to answer the door all the time so usually if someone knocks I have to go out and answer. It's an absolute nightmare. They must be coming out with 4 grand a month for this property alone plus they own more houses. It couldn't cost more than a few hundred to get the writing fixed for a doorbell.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You could probably get a wireless doorbell in LIDL for a pittance - I know that's not the core of your grievance (for which I completely agree with you), but it beats having to rely on the landlord, your neighbour or anyone else, and it beats having to drive to the depo. Hope the parcel is worth it. :)

New Home wrote: »
    You could probably get a wireless doorbell in LIDL for a pittance - I know that's not the core of your grievance (for which I completely agree with you), but it beats having to repy on the landlord, your neighbour or anyone else, and it beats having to drive to the depo. Hope the parcel is worth it. :)

I didn't know they existed, thanks for the heads up. Yes, I ordered some nice clothes in a sale so hopefully they look good on my fat booty even though it's not like I have a major social life now or anything. I'm going to have a gander online for wireless doorbells now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I was working last night but had to stay awake today expecting a parcel. Then I got an email saying I wasn't here when they came. My doorbell is broken and they usually ring but this time they didn't. I have to drive to the depot Monday now. I asked my landlord to fix my doorbell and he said he wasn't in a financial position to get it fixed? My neighbour refuses to answer the door all the time so usually if someone knocks I have to go out and answer. It's an absolute nightmare. They must be coming out with 5 grand a month for this property alone plus they own more houses. It couldn't cost more than a few hundred to get the writing fixed for a doorbell.
    Wireless doorbell is only around €10 - €15
    Then you would have the TA thing become the deciding of which of the 64 melodies to choose from.. :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

And in areas with strong electromagnetic fields they get re-set after a few hours... so there's that, I suppose. :o

• Advertisement

I found one in Argos for 24. It looks the bizz and I am near enough to one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Irish lad on YouTube ads: “It’s YouToob music”.

No Seán, it’s “YouChoob”.

Ponce.

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Broadband is sh1t tonight

My Eir isn't great and it's been fine for ages. Wonder what's wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

KungPao wrote: »

Ponce.

in the name of all that is holy when will they stop showing me those fcking dental ads.

ive no tooth issues, none, its the one health thing where im actually ok.
    and the bastards are all over me with their aligners and the 'if youve got perfectly straight teeth click that button because'

yeah thanks i will, for the 12,000th time.

littlewoods stuck an ad right in the middle of an epic rock solo. right at the best moment i get shaniqua dancing in her new tent dress from a uk shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

tomorrow is sunday.

sunday is a rip off. its not even a proper day off because of the fear. the only good day is saturday. and even then theres the pressure to use saturday right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Was supposed to be going to a friend's for Sunday lunch tomorrow and a nice autumn walk and woke up to a text just now that they've ended up with 5 people in their house for a session after being at the pub all day since 2pm. Obviously don't want to go now, even if my friend were somehow in a fit state to do the lunch/walk. I think it's too much of a risk for me when I've been really careful re covid. Quite disappointing as I was looking forward to seeing them. Will probably try to go for a nice walk anyway but feeling really anxious and down now, woke up and not able to get back to sleep.

The Thanks link on the main page used to be mainly funny pics not it's all Covid posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

I didn't know they existed, thanks for the heads up. Yes, I ordered some nice clothes in a sale so hopefully they look good on my fat booty even though it's not like I have a major social life now or anything. I'm going to have a gander online for wireless doorbells now :)

Your fun might start if your clothes don't fit, and your looking for a refund. I like the fat booty though! Actually how do you know its fat? Could that be you imagination

Kylta wrote: »
    Your fun might start if your clothes don't fit, and your looking for a refund. I like the fat booty though! Actually how do you know its fat? Could that be you imagination

I'm fat alright. If they don't fit I will send them back. I'm 16-18 so bought 18 a bit bigger so hopefully will be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

KungPao wrote: »

Ponce.

As a Scotsman, reading that made me laugh. In Scotland, a "choob" is basically an idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Biting my tongue while eating.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Ouch!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Adverts that don't have photos of the actual item.
    Instead they have a low-res stock photo that's ripped of a website.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Ouch!!!!!!

An understatement!

An understatement!

I bed you talhin likey dis now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

An understatement!

Just don't bite the same place again!

I bed you talhin likey dis now :p

Emm No you're wrong I'm not actually winking-sticking-out-tongue-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 30,374 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

You were that hungry you decided to start eating yourself :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

You were that hungry you decided to start eating yourself :eek::pac:

He is such a sweet person after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Had a couple coming over for lunch.
    Asian pork belly.
    Mrs Beer woke up with a slight temperature, so had to cancel. Was looking forward to a bit of social interaction.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement