Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXV-44,159 ROI (1,830 deaths) 21,898 NI (598 deaths) (13/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭CFlat

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Do non pubs close every where for level 3?

No, but there are going to be further restrictions on them. Not sure what they are yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

The 65 + daily cases are definitely moving the wrong way.
    If the trend continues it won't be long before difficult calls will have to be made regarding hospital care as we just don't have the capacity.

528387.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

begbysback wrote: »
    Just to reiterate what wise words were posted at the ending the previous thread, today is the day we take the reins back off the white coats, we are no longer heading to the point where an immunologist says we can’t step outside our front doors, a great day people.

In the interest of balance, I'll post the same reply to your "wise words" from the last thread.

The politicians you referred to are the same calibre of people who didn't realise that their golf hooley was in blatant breach of the restrictions at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

Should just allow Dublin pubs to open outdoor at this stage.
    Feck all of them would bother but at least they're all on the same restrictions.

• Advertisement

Should just allow Dublin pubs to open outdoor at this stage.
    Feck all of them would bother but at least they're all on the same restrictions.

Yeah I don't see the point. Most just won't open now regardless, opening with max 15 people is pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Are they really stopping indoor dining but keeping the pubs open? Can't follow the logic there at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭lobbylad

"The level three restrictions will come into place from midnight tonight and last for three weeks until midnight on October 27th"

I wish they'd stop using midnight as the trigger time for restrictions, it's ambiguous. Using something like 1am would be far more clear.

There will be many folks who view "midnight on the 27th" as at the midnight of the 26th/27th and many who take it to be the midnight at 27th/28th!

Now I'm getting confused!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭Deshawn

The 65 + daily cases are definitely moving the wrong way.
    If the trend continues it won't be long before difficult calls will have to be made regarding hospital care as we just don't have the capacity.

528387.png

Make sure the 3 leaders are held responsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Are they really stopping indoor dining but keeping the pubs open? Can't follow the logic there at all.

Pubs only open outdoors it says, and max of 15 customers. Don't know about anyone else but I'm pretty cool not sitting outside in the cold and rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

So midnight tomorrow then for three weeks

Brings us to after the Bank Holiday weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

titan18 wrote: »
    Pubs only open outdoors it says, and max of 15 customers. Don't know about anyone else but I'm pretty cool not sitting outside in the cold and rain

I'd say we'll see a few creative solutions along the lines of some of the "outdoor" smoking areas that popped up after the smoking ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Gruffalux wrote: »
    Cases have not been rampant since the lockdown. This is the false impression upon which people are basing flawed conclusions.

Clusters rather than cases, here's the official chart
    BkQdNz.jpg

Can't be indoors in either. Outdoors max 15. Not worth it to open

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Cant see moving to level 3 having a great impact.

I can't see moving to any level having an impact anymore. If people are unable to follow the rules under level 2, they won't follow them under 3/4/5...

March was a novelty for people I guess, zoom quizes and all that... but now they are done with it and are back meeting large groups of friends in pubs, houses.. wherever.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Any1 else feel in 2weeks time Tony will say "I told ye so!" ?

lobbylad wrote: »
    "The level three restrictions will come into place from midnight tonight and last for three weeks until midnight on October 27th"

I wish they'd stop using midnight as the trigger time for restrictions, it's ambiguous. Using something like 1am would be far more clear.

There will be many folks who view "midnight on the 27th" as at the midnight of the 26th/27th and many who take it to be the midnight at 27th/28th!

Now I'm getting confused!

https://twitter.com/SeanDefoe/status/1313163933881176065?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 54,774 ✭✭✭✭walshb

mloc123 wrote: »
    I can't see moving to any level having an impact anymore. If people are unable to follow the rules under level 2, they won't follow them under 3/4/5...

March was a novelty for people I guess, zoom quizes and all that... but now they are done with it and are back meeting large groups of friends in pubs, houses.. wherever.

L5 removes a lot of “following.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

alias no.9 wrote: »
    BkQdNz.jpg

Cases are a function of testing capacity. We have nowhere near like the numbers of cases we had in reality pre Lockdown no. 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

In the interest of balance, I'll post the same reply to your "wise words" from the last thread.

The politicians you referred to are the same calibre of people who didn't realise that their golf hooley was in blatant breach of the restrictions at the time.

Get it right, it was a few stragglers who went for a game of golf outdoors, went back for something to eat and the place hadn’t handled managed guidelines very well.

Either way all is forgiven, after today all faith has been restored in management after they have grown a pair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

walshb wrote: »
    L5 removes a lot of “following.”

Does it tho? The guards have extra powers right... but do they have enough man power to do anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Gruffalux wrote: »
    Cases are a function of testing capacity. We have nowhere near like the numbers of cases we had in reality pre Lockdown no. 1

I don't disagree, it's a bull**** metric to be even reporting, never mind reacting to.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fabo1thecross

Where is the breakdown of each county. Cant see the smaller one figures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭440Hertz

Any1 else feel in 2weeks time Tony will say "I told ye so!" ?

Possibly, but I think they may have struck a pretty good balance.

The key issue is enforcement and adherence to the sprit of the rules. There'd be absolutely no point in going to level 5 if we can't even manage to enforce or stick to the guidelines and rules at level 2 and 3.

I assume we're probably going to see another massive protest on Saturday and the Gardai will, once again, do absolutely nothing to prevent it. At this stage those protest are becoming normalised and the participants are assuming that there are never going to be any responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,774 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Does it tho? The guards have extra powers right... but do they have enough man power to do anything?

It is a big difference at L5

A lot of settings are removed. People can’t break rules where the environments/scenarios are removed..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I'm not sure what you mean here - I hope we're not back to the "It's fine, we just have a few large clusters" rhetoric.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭rubbledoubledo

Exactly that’s what i posted a while back. March lockdown was a novelty. Different kettle of fish now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

I don't disagree, it's a bull**** metric to be even reporting, never mind reacting to.

It has useful functions. The positivity rate is useful and indicative. It also shows that the virus spread is increasing which is a useful societal reminder. While nowhere near what it was when deaths and ICU numbers were high the numbers are still increasing and will continue to do so.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

It's just highlighting that the Government isn't following any sort of logic now. A month ago pubs couldn't even open unless serving food, now you can't eat inside but can sit by the bar having a feed of pints.

This is going to get messy for the Government very quickly. They're all over the shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Where is the breakdown of each county. Cant see the smaller one figures.

if not listed today then they are on the daily report on gov.ie tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement