Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIV-37,063 ROI (1,801 deaths) 12,886 NI (582 deaths) (02/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Without the meeting minutes you have no idea whether the HSE was present or not.

Do we have the minutes of previous NPHET meetings?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

People ignoring restrictions at level 2 and 3 will still ignore them at level a million nevermind level 5

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The HSE has been a ****ing circus since day one back in 2005.
    And for the 40 years of its previous existence!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,855 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Without the meeting minutes you have no idea whether the HSE was present or not.

NPHET was present. I just gave you the list of several key players in NPHET all top officials at the HSE.

Now I think we all know who wasn't consulted and where that quote came room.

Cable joiner and Eircom technician Paul Reid.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Strumms wrote: »
    “Elsewhere this afternoon, the GAA announced it had suspended all games with immediate effect. A statement released to clubs says that the association has taken this decision following “a number of incidents” in relation to post-match celebrations and “a lack of social distancing” at recent games.”

You know things is fûcked up when the GAA come out criticizing their own. That just never happens.
    The GAA need to respond more harshly on this. And to be a role model for all sports associations.

Any clubs seen engaging this kind of celebration should have titles stripped from them and lose all funding until 2023.

Any club that knowingly allows a positive or potential covid case to play or train with the club, should be DQed from all championships, lose all funding, and lose all access to tickets until 2023. This includes county-level games/training.

Any player that plays while positive or while they should be isolating/restricting should be banned for life. if the player is under 16, they are ineligible to play for any club until 2023 and their parent(s) banned from GAA membership for life.

When we talk about "enforcement", it shouldn't just be down to Gardai or civil servants. Schools and clubs have a part to play too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭landofthetree

quartz1 wrote: »
    Ok well this day become a defining day in the history of Ireland ....the day three Political Parties signed their own death warrants ...how will the electorate feel as we live through the next few months haunted by the suspicion some things could have been avoided

They were screwed either way.

If they go to level 5 a lot of businesses would be finally finished off.

I guess a lof of the people backing level 5 are able to work from home.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Do we have the minutes of previous NPHET meetings?

I thi k they are about a month or 6 weeks behind.

Mary Lou would have known what to do!!

She would have in her hole, this is real life now and not an election poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Anyone want to explain the levels plan again, short and simple please

https://assets.gov.ie/87604/405b1065-055a-4ca8-9513-390ce5298b10.pdf

I thi k they are about a month or 6 weeks behind.

Where can I find them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Semtex?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Kiith wrote: »
    That's an extremely dangerous path to walk down.

But haven’t we already gone there between March to June?

This perception that constitutional rights are more important then taking measures to reduce the spread is misguided. It’s like people think “what happens when this is over and they refuse to give up power”? It’s unjustified paranoia. In time of war you have to make sacrifices, including freedom sacrifices for the greater good. In this instance our children aren’t being sent to fight to the death and we don’t have war sirens going off with plane dropping bombs on us.

I want my drink/pub, sport , leisure activities, ability to shop, To meet with friends whenever I want and I generally want to able to do the comfortable pleasures I am used to because it suits me. That’s it in a nutshell. Economic reasons are just a smokescreen for the majority to justify them wanting to do what they want to do. And most of the restrictions are leisure ones, not essential. We are a very sensitive population who struggle with self reflection (our self absorbed motives drive our views) and objectivity when it comes to a this virus. Trying to twist the discussion away from basic facts to emotive topics (blame etc).

There is a cost regardless of decisions being made. Opening up to whatever degree will bear a cost. You don’t hear people complaining about restrictions providing information that will explain the cost of us being more passive with restrictions. They don’t care what they cost is, they just want what they want.

Yes, different people are going to suffer disproportionately to others. I know some people are really suffering badly financially but Whatever action is taken , this is going to happen. And those suffering the most (or think they are) will be most against whatever strategy suits them the least. This may sound cold but it’s just a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Blondini wrote: »
    So a bunch of non-medical suits have ignored doctors orders on our behalf?

Sounds great.

Doctors don't give orders. Unless you're thinking of Mengele. They give advice and you can take it or leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭tigger123

polesheep wrote: »
    Doctors don't give orders. Unless you're thinking of Mengele. They give advice and you can take it or leave it.

You can. But its you that has to live with the consequences.

If you think that the HSE, who have members that sit as part of NPHET, would decide to give them a day off on the day that an out of schedule meeting is called by the returning CMO, you're more deluded than I thought. You would refuse water if you were on fire, it's actually mad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

Indeed she would. Scurry for cover when the tough decisions needed to be made.

So there's been a member of the HSE present at every meeting anyway, it'd be strange if they decided not to show last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭mcburns07

They were screwed either way.

If they go to level 5 a lot of businesses would be finally finished off.

I guess a lof of the people backing level 5 are able to work from home.

This, it's an unbelievably divisive time in our history. People seem to be firmly on one side of the fence or the other and adamant that their viewpoint is the only valid one. A viewpoint 100% driven by their personal circumstances. The correct approach is probably a middle ground that will ultimately leave most people dissatisfied. We need to be aligned with Europe instead of going out on our own by introducing draconian restrictions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,080 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Is there a Taoiseach briefing to the public due this evening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

It's a well known saying "Doctors orders". Not literally orders per se.

Consider yourself educated me boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

tigger123 wrote: »
    You can. But its you that has to live with the consequences.

Yes and you may be happy with the consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

seamus wrote: »
    The GAA need to respond more harshly on this. And to be a role model for all sports associations.

Any clubs seen engaging this kind of celebration should have titles stripped from them and lose all funding until 2023.

Any club that knowingly allows a positive or potential covid case to play or train with the club, should be DQed from all championships, lose all funding, and lose all access to tickets until 2023. This includes county-level games/training.

Any player that plays while positive or while they should be isolating/restricting should be banned for life. if the player is under 16, they are ineligible to play for any club until 2023 and their parent(s) banned from GAA membership for life.

When we talk about "enforcement", it shouldn't just be down to Gardai or civil servants. Schools and clubs have a part to play too.

Dear god.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,855 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

It's an absolute spectacular rejection of public health recommendations whatever way you look at or whatever opinion you might have on it.

But to be fair the Government need to be given a chance to explain their reasoning and what that reasoning was based on.

Here is where we need strong journalism if there is a press conference.

We will probably get the usual Halloween / Wedding questions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

seamus wrote: »
    I'm a bit uncomfortable using examples of real behaviour, but I agree with your overall point.

Not just the GAA, but every sports association and club should send out a zero tolerance/no-messing message now. And that should involve the association themselves stepping up and taking responsibility.

It's this or a complete lockdown which will badly affect everyone. We've probably 10 days or so to turn this around.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,983 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

CorkRed93 wrote: »
    Dear god.

God won’t help you, what this poster is saying is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Absolutely disgraceful that it was leaked last night . So many people were upset , worried and anxious last night . We had no clarity , no official statement and no guidance .

• Registered Users Posts: 85,663 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

But are any of these students clogging up the ICUs? And before you say "Bring it home to vulnerable people"... they haven't gone home yet.

They are helping spread it, fceking selfish bellends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Boggles wrote: »
    It's an absolute spectacular rejection of public health recommendations whatever way you look at or whatever opinion you might have on it.

But to be fair the Government need to be given a chance to explain their reasoning and what that reasoning was based on.

Here is where we need strong journalism if there is a press conference.

We will probably get the usual Halloween / Wedding questions though.

If Zara King brings up weddings I'm going to have a conniption :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement