Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

myshirt wrote: »
    The Isle of Man is to be changed to "The Isle of Person" as it's sexist and discriminates against gender fluid non binary and/or LGBT+ people.

It is the epitome of a patriarchal capitalistic society that maintains it's ascendancy by attempting to subjugate gender fluid non binary LGBT+ persons to an inveterate and intentionally androcratic system of order and it must be stopped.

It's an island of misogyny in a sea of gender fluid?:eek::eek:

I'm not going there for my holidays!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

is david bowies wife now to be known as iperson instead of iman? when will this rubbish be gone.
    And that old band from the 60s are now to be called Personfred Person :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

I’d call for this to be cancelled, tapes destroyed, but I have a feeling NBC have already done this years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

is david bowies wife now to be known as iperson instead of iman? when will this rubbish be gone.

When will these things that aren't happening stop happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

the new gogglebox crew very woke!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

History will determine WOKEID-19 to be far more deadly than covid.

Millions of people brainwashed by a cult, directly through their smartphones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Note:
    The Ford Foundation is one of America's biggest grant givers, doling out hundreds of millions to like minded ideological self-flagellators.
    His three follow up tweets are even more cringey.
    In the Church of Woke, it's never enough
    https://twitter.com/darrenwalker/status/1310659341687586818?s=20

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Ableist...

In the notepad for laters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,309 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

the new gogglebox crew very woke!

Haven't seen it, should we do a google-googlebox on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

:confused:

I think your response says it all.

The language we see around this is so steeped in academia that it's an outright joke. Confused is the right response. The militant left has taken over the social sciences in universities. This is where it's coming from. They visualise an inclusive society where you use inclusive language, however it's important to know if you are seen to be using non inclusive language you will be excluded. You will be ostracised. You will be hammered. These are radical left wing ideologues and very very dangerous people indeed.

• Advertisement

myshirt wrote: »
    I think your response says it all.

The language we see around this is so steeped in academia that it's an outright joke. Confused is the right response. The militant left has taken over the social sciences in universities. This is where it's coming from. They visualise an inclusive society where you use inclusive language, however it's important to know if you are seen to be using non inclusive language you will be excluded. You will be ostracised. You will be hammered. These are radical left wing ideologues and very very dangerous people indeed.

Intellectual Obfuscation.

The parameters are treacherous for the unwoken.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Intellectual Obfuscation.

The parameters are treacherous for the unwoken.

It is coerced group think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

AllForIt wrote: »
    I think it's about time we highlighted the more wacky WOKE notions that are popping up in the media on a weekly basis nowadays, if any of them aren't at all. I'm putting this in AH in the hope it's a more lighthearted thread rather than not.

To start off here's 3 I've come across this last week alone.

Full Stops. Apparently full stops used in text messaging and the like are offensive to young people. Too much on the passive/aggressive side.Source.

Sky news are running a report this week that says one of the reasons black people are severely under-represented in pro swimming is because of their thick afro hair and standard swimming caps don't fit. I would have thought cutting your hair would be a solution to this problem but I suppose doing that would be discriminatory to hair.

Multi Grammy award winner Adele has been criticised for cultural appropriation, because she posted a pic of herself on Instagram sporting an African hairdo. I guess she's not into swimming. Source.

You were doing OK until you came to the bit about black folks swimming. Are you offended because they don't cut their hair? Would you cancel Sky News? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭AllForIt

feargale wrote: »
    You were doing OK until you came to the bit about black folks swimming. Are you offended because they don't cut their hair? Would you cancel Sky News? :rolleyes:

Oh yeah? Well you were doing OK too until you decided to post in this thread :rolleyes:

Black Swimmers.

The plot thickens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Black Swimmers.

The plot thickens.

Imagine if they were Sue.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,249 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Black Swimmers.

The plot thickens.

Black swimmers

The hair thickenez

Arrested Irrationality.

Dreadlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,188 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

:confused:

New age woke bull**** generator

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

emojis have collateralated the norm ( ies ).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

:D

https://twitter.com/UN_Women/status/1312476276637089793

Whenever I hear or read the term "mansplaining" it reminds me of this clip of an Australian politician's response.

The whole mansplaining thing is, if anything, a good way to identify ****ing eejits.
    Great way to totally alienate people who are genuinely trying to help because they are men.

“Oh I’m mansplaining? I’m sorry I didn’t realise, I’ll just mantellyoutogofùckyourself instead so. Toodles” :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Here's what I don't get about the term 'mansplaining'. It seems to have replaced the term 'know-it-all' when it's a man involved. Like, the term 'know-it-all' was a perfectly good (unisex) term for that person who does think they, well, know it all. But when it's a man, now it's 'mansplaining' even though he could just be one of those doses who think they know everything about everything.

The only place I would think the term 'mansplaining' is appropriate is if a man is lecturing a woman about a female-specific issue, like say period cramps or something. But then surely a woman could be accused of womansplaining if she did the same to a man about a male-specific problem?

Can we just get back to saying 'know-it-all', please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Cordell

I know that know-it-all are annoying, as I'm guilty of it myself sometimes, for example now, but somehow now it's only a problem when a man does the know it all to a woman. Also, her justification is idiotic - a used word does not make it acceptable, for example we can't use the n-word because "it is a term that's used".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Here's what I don't get about the term 'mansplaining'. It seems to have replaced the term 'know-it-all' when it's a man involved. Like, the term 'know-it-all' was a perfectly good (unisex) term for that person who does think they, well, know it all. But when it's a man, now it's 'mansplaining' even though he could just be one of those doses who think they know everything about everything.

Like the tweet definition of mansplaining states in point 2:
    A patriarchal act that trains women in self-doubt and self-intimidation just as it exercise men's overconfidence.

OMG! I think I just mansplained. I'm going to go off now and have a good hard look at myself.

There is no doubt that the term " mansplaining" is a derogatory and condescending terminology invented by extreme feminists to rip the piss out of the patriach.

The fact that imbeciles continue to use the term speaks volumes. It is a defining tongue in cheek wth two fingers from feministas.

At least they have shown some level of invention, it's a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Ill just leave this here:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Ill just leave this here:

I love that clip. The poor woman seems completely drained by these mouth-breathers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Cordell

Point of privilege: the room is awfully white.

• Advertisement

"Sensitive to sensory overload" ,

Sublime.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement