Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New York Jets Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

eagle eye wrote: »
    They'll win handy tonight I think.

Well, that aged like milk.

---

As a Broncos fan I honestly watched aghast at this game.

Always had a soft spot for the Jets, but the last few years it has just been a horror show after horror show. I genuinely despair that Gase is still there. As if having to face him at Miami for 3 seasons wasn't enough of a heads up.

Hopefully he's gone after the Cards see to ye next week.

Poor Sam.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Can't see how he can be classed as doing ok. As GM he is drafted a developmental QB to a team with no QB coach. He drafted a punter who kicks it the same distance as last year. He let Robbie Anderson go over $1 million. He signed 37 yr old Frank Gore who is blocking the progress of a running back he drafted himself. He wanted to trade for Kellen Ballage and eventually signed him. He might be good at the OL and even that remains to be seen as the Guard play hasn't been great so far. He could and should get better but this far I think is is getting far too little blame for what overall has been a poor performance.

The QB pick was bizarre, mainly because we already had plenty on the books with white and flacco... the lack of coach is a hangover from the Gase hire, I doubt we make the same mistake in effectively having HC/OC/QB coach all being the same incompetent guy. Mann gets taken in the 6th, I'd have rathered Proche there but I don't think there's a guy available there that's taking meaningful snaps, it's not making much of a difference. Punter/Kicker picks always get viewed poorly but they happen every year. The Robbie one is strange, although from all reports he was asking for more from us that we didn't value him at and then when he hit FA he found that no one else did either, Robbie is looking good so far though, pleased he's got himself a proper coach getting him to run something other than purely vertcal routes. Gore for depth I don't see a problem with, same for ballbag, they're both temporary measures for the HC and different in style to Perine. I do have a massive issue with Perine not being given min 50% snaps once Bell went down but again that's Gase's hands; it's the only position where we have a rookie sitting behind zero talent for no reason. When it's very likely Bell is gone at the end of the year we should be seeing if there's any glimpses of potential in Perine, not watching Gore grind his nose off for 2 yards every play.

Some minor positives to keep an eye out for over the next few weeks, Mims back fit soon, Bell back off IR soon and Zuniga too, bearing in mind we're getting very little edge pressure it'll be interesting to see if Zuniga gets used there much.

So we're definitely going to sign O'Brien right?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

hots wrote: »
    So we're definitely going to sign O'Brien right?:o

If Macaggnan was still in charge I would put my house on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Darnold officially out and 'week to week'

I am actually indifferent to this.
    Last year I was upset when Darnold got mono, this year, 'meh'.
    Another season he won't complete fully. He is sneaky injury prone.

I just hope Flacco doesn't scrape us some wins and take us out of the race for Trevor!

• Advertisement

Moving on to 0-5 and another double digit loss and against a Cardinals team that didnt look all that great. Really was nothing positive to take from it outside of Crowders performance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Franklin Myers is showing promise in pass rushing situations.

The roster certainly hasn't improved since Joe D came in. The O Line sans Becton looks a lot like last years O Line. They struggle to make short yardage downs.
    Pierre Désir is just awful. Draft picks obviously are too early to say. A lot hinges on what Mims is like (if he ever comes back from injury!)

This off season is huge for Douglas. Will get input on the HC, possibly a new QB but he really needs to improve on his FA this time.

The roster is a disgrace, that's not Darnold or Gase's fault.

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    This off season is huge for Douglas. Will get input on the HC, possibly a new QB but he really needs to improve on his FA this time.

Agreed here anyway, it's probably the worst active roster I've ever seen at the moment, and in the off season not only is he going to need to rebuild an 0-16 team, but really an 0-16 team that have been totally blown out by every team they've played, regardless of how poor/mediocre they are.

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/82501/new-york-jets-2020-nfl-free-agent-signings-ot-george-fant-a-big-gamble

If you look at the signings he /did/ make last year it's really only GVR and Desir that look poor in retrospect. Personally I think the line signings have been a big improvement when the line is fit, the worst line issues are showing when you're relying on Andrews and McDermott starting a serious volume of snaps, and then compounded by having no receivers getting open easily.

phatkev wrote: »
    Moving on to 0-5 and another double digit loss and against a Cardinals team that didnt look all that great. Really was nothing positive to take from it outside of Crowders performance

Just watched the game in 40. No positives, some more scary negatives, we have no tight end option at all, really surprised by how poorly herndon has regressed. Our defense in both execution and play calling was awful the drake drive for the TD was embarrassingly easy. The special teams outside of the punter and kicker is just awful, got to be more poor coaching? I'd love to see a returns Vs returns allowed comparison, it feels like no matter where the punt/kick goes the othere team are always in a comfortable position to return for 10 yards+

Christ Hopkins matched up 1-1 with UDFA rookie Lamar Jackson..... give the poor kid some help for gods sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Bell still getting under 15 touches is a disgrace really, why not use him as a receiver more?! Would bulk up or options a bit more at the very least. I know Gase doesn't like him and his workload wont be increased anytime soon.

Prob our only positive was we didn't give up a huge play on their first drive and penalty flags weren't flying left right and center against us! Not really what you want to take out of your fifth loss of the season!

L.S.F wrote: »
    Bell still getting under 15 touches is a disgrace really, why not use him as a receiver more?! Would bulk up or options a bit more at the very least. I know Gase doesn't like him and his workload wont be increased anytime soon.

Prob our only positive was we didn't give up a huge play on their first drive and penalty flags weren't flying left right and center against us! Not really what you want to take out of your fifth loss of the season!

I wouldn't mind if Bell was splitting with someone other than Gore tbh, he hasn't been very effective himself in the chances he has got but there's no reason to run Gore up the centre's hole every other play.

As for not using him as a receiver more.... mental. We have a coach who loves screen plays almost as much as frequent trips to the jacks and still Bell isn't used? Add to the fact that we only have one other person on offense with hands... no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,939 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Well, the only solace I'm taking is 2 games remaining with the Dolphins. I always throw the records out when they meet, weird stuff happens.
    I say this as someone that was in the stands for the 'Clock game', among other memorable Jet losses.

But, wow this is a bad team. 0-16 a definite possibility, still, hope springs eternal. I guess. Pass the Dingle Distillery whiskey.

And so the Adam Gase nightmare continues! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭corner back 2

And so the Adam Gase nightmare continues! :mad:

Jets fans are not allowed to have anything nice! The jets seem unable to keep good players. Shocking to think that Gase is so precious that liking a tweet can offend enough to get you cut. Last Sundays game was nearly unwatchable and now we can look forward to Fitzmagic carving up the Jets while Flacco hands the ball off to 94 yr old Frank Gore. I think I'll contact the Jets and ask them to refund me my Gamepass subscription.

Jets fans are not allowed to have anything nice! The jets seem unable to keep good players. Shocking to think that Gase is so precious that liking a tweet can offend enough to get you cut. Last Sundays game was nearly unwatchable and now we can look forward to Fitzmagic carving up the Jets while Flacco hands the ball off to 94 yr old Frank Gore. I think I'll contact the Jets and ask them to refund me my Gamepass subscription.

I'm actually hoping the Dolphins throttle them on Sunday. I never had this level of disdain for a team I've followed

No shocks there, not one trade taker either with the ****ty contract he was on... another burning from the past, compounded by Gase misuse this year. I hope Bell gets picked up somewhere suited for him, he seemed to have put a lot of work into getting in good shape and he said all the right things about the team until the last 24 hours more or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I couldn’t believe it when I saw the statement from the jets. I’m convinced jets fans are paying for something in a past life. I mean even the bloody browns are turning a corner it seems and have some hopeful signs.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I couldn’t believe it when I saw the statement from the jets. I’m convinced jets fans are paying for something in a past life. I mean even the bloody browns are turning a corner it seems and have some hopeful signs.

The older generations of Jets fans that would be of a superstitious mindset believe Joe Namath sold his soul to the devil for superbowl lll and that the Jets havent had a single good thing happen to them since then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

L.S.F wrote: »

Definitely not getting any more touches as a Jet now! F*ck Gase!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

The older generations of Jets fans that would be of a superstitious mindset believe Joe Namath sold his soul to the devil for superbowl lll and that the Jets havent had a single good thing happen to them since then!!

Pretty much, speaking as someone who saw Joe Namath play for the Jets at Shea stadium back in the day. My first game, might've been 1970 or 71. Against the Buffalo Bills and their star running back, O. J. Simpson.

As I recall, the Jets lost. Of games I've attended in person including occasional season ticket holdings, they've lost most of them.

Cursed sounds about right, but it's in the blood somehow to keep up with them. Just Endure The Suffering, I suppose.

Bell signs with Chiefs. From the outhouse, to the penthouse

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30120515/rb-leveon-bell-expected-sign-kansas-city-chiefs

Will be playing the Jets in KC in a few weeks too. I wonder how many carries he'll get

Igotadose wrote: »
    Bell signs with Chiefs. From the outhouse, to the penthouse

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30120515/rb-leveon-bell-expected-sign-kansas-city-chiefs

Will be playing the Jets in KC in a few weeks too. I wonder how many carries he'll get

Great landing spot for him, would be an incredible year if he starts with us and ends with a ring.

Jets apparently fielding calls on Quinnen Williams! In order to rebuild you have to have some foundation to build on. It's way to early to give up on Q and as always with the Jets questions are beginning to be asked if he is being used properly. I think I might actually give up on the Jets if they trade him. I don't know if I would be able to stop following the team but I am seriously considering giving it a try.

Jets apparently fielding calls on Quinnen Williams! In order to rebuild you have to have some foundation to build on. It's way to early to give up on Q and as always with the Jets questions are beginning to be asked if he is being used properly. I think I might actually give up on the Jets if they trade him. I don't know if I would be able to stop following the team but I am seriously considering giving it a try.

I can't believe that's true, someone would be having to offer silly amounts for us to trade out of him so quickly and he hasn't shown enough for anyone to do that imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭franglan

It's early to be trading Williams and for what? Can't see a first round pick coming and then the Jets select the likes of Christian Hackenberg with a second round pick and trading out of pick 1 in 2021 for more picks. The Jets would win some hoarding draft picks and burning them with Stephen Hill, Christian Hackenberg superbowl competition outside of that it's moronic.

Highlights from last night... JD with hands in head. Butt-pick. Watching Fitz try and hardcount while giggling with our Defense. Googling Ty Johnson to see who it was with our only nice run of the day.

hots wrote: »
    Highlights from last night... JD with hands in head. Butt-pick. Watching Fitz try and hardcount while giggling with our Defense. Googling Ty Johnson to see who it was with our only nice run of the day.

You forgot finding out that the first time the Head Coach talked to the QB on the sidelines was with 7 minutes to go in the game!

You forgot finding out that the first time the QB Guru talked to the QB on the sidelines was with 7 minutes to go in the game!

Fixed your post!

But yeah that is really shocking, also anytime the camera panned to him when the offense werent on the field he had no interest on what was happening. NOt what you really want from a head coach. Cant wait to see him and Williams eventually come to blows

• Advertisement

Fixed your post!

Cant wait to see him and Williams eventually come to blows

Hopefully after they've both been shown the door. Shower of clowns the lot of them.

Advertisement