Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭bladespin

salonfire wrote: »
    How is he supposed to get into the right lane if he is blocked by all the "inforcers"? That was a serious d*ck move to pull there.

Knowing that road, it's very simple, you get into lane from the railway station side onward, it's clearly marked (unless you want to cut the queue).

bladespin wrote: »
    Knowing that road, it's very simple, you get into lane from the railway station side onward, it's clearly marked (unless you want to cut the queue).

Exactly. 99.99% of the time, nobody is in the wrong lane by accident. No matter where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Flyin'!

I was going about 110 km/h myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Stay in left lane unless passing...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    ^

And parked in the middle lane on an empty road. Awesomeballs

You see those trucks in the back? I'm glad I didn't return to the left lane immediately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

CyberGhost wrote: »
    Flyin'!

And he was probably doing 200+ :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Dartz

CyberGhost wrote: »
    Flyin'!

I can't be the only one thinking it sounded like the Starship Enterprise whooshing passed in the Star Trek opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭endacl

vandriver wrote: »
    Near miss at the airport
    Another year on the L plates would've done no harm...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

endacl wrote: »
    Another year on the L plates would've done no harm...
    I don't think they were his,as he was about 60.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Ah the good auld flick of the steering in any indiscriminate direction without any looking or knowledge of any other vehicles or people around.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

And looked like he wanted to go where it's busses only!!!!

How Bizarre...

12656537.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

Like a ghost town out there last few months but there's always clown

• Registered Users Posts: 5,921 ✭✭✭kirving

^

There's a truck visible in the left lane further back. No harm giving the track driver plenty of space so they don't have to think about you at all.

No condoning that Golf whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭micar

^

Brilliant.......criticise the poster and not the subject of the post.

The golf driver needs to be taken off the road before he kills himself or someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

I don't think they were his,as he was about 60.

I wonder if his license was expired ...

And looked like he wanted to go where it's buses only!!!!

How Bizarre...
    Perhaps he usually takes the bus!
    That would explain the driving.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

There's a truck visible in the left lane further back. No harm giving the truck driver plenty of space so they don't have to think about you at all.

Yeah, I'd be the same; Empty motorway at night, just me passing a truck with no other cars behind; I'd hang on out there a little bit longer than usual before returning to lane 1.

That golf came out of nowhere, and I'd say doing 200+km/h.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I'd be the opposite, I prefer to pull back into the lane when it's safe to do so. If there was enough room for a Golf with the zoomies to undertake the driver, there was more than enough room for the driver to finish the overtaking manoeuvre in a timely manner.

liamog wrote: »
    I'd be the opposite, I prefer to pull back into the lane when it's safe to do so. If there was enough room for a Golf with the zoomies to undertake the driver, there was more than enough room for the driver to finish the overtaking manoeuvre in a timely manner.

Far bigger crime than 200km/h+. Fight the good fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭cpoh1

The speed of the golf...mitigating factors, dry, quiet, good visibility, suitable road with 3 lanes etc. Not so good the way he passed on the left, crazy manouver at that speed.

The cam driver in the middle lane is sloppy and theres no harm in pointing it out as its a totally separate issue, it in no way is condoing the speed of the golf.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Far bigger crime than 200km/h+. Fight the good fight.

At no point did I suggest that the Golf was ok to do the speed he was, however in my own driving, I've had far more problems with drivers with bad lane discipline than somebody overtaking me on the right at excessive speeds. It's annoying how many times I have to move across two lanes to overtake because somebody can't be bothered to complete their own overtaking manoeuvre,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

I'm just wondering what's the speed limit on that stretch of road where the VW Golf incident occurred?

If it's 100 km/h, then imho, not much wrong with doing the 110 km/h that the driver says he was doing, since nobody should be going much faster than 110 to want to overtake in the first place anyway.

Even if it's 120, still not much wrong in that particular case, since anybody approaching from behind would already have been in the middle lane anyway to overtake the lorry, and so would have to just cross one more lane to overtake the 110 km/h car, before returning to whatever lane they liked.

I'm wondering why the guy in the Golf chose to pass on the left rather than the right. But plain to see he's not too concerned about doing things properly anyway, if that's the way he drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

If it's 100 km/h, then imho, not much wrong with doing the 110 km/h that the driver says he was doing, since nobody should be going much faster than 110 to want to overtake in the first place anyway.
    The speed doesn't entitle a driver to use a particular lane.. :confused::confused: :rolleyes:
    Even if it's 120, still not much wrong in that particular case, since anybody approaching from behind would already have been in the middle lane anyway to overtake the lorry, and so would have to just cross one more lane to overtake the 110 km/h car, before returning to whatever lane they liked.
    No, they shouldn't have been in the middle lane..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

It would have been interesting if the driver correctly returned to the driving lane with the Golf coming up at that speed. The Golf driver might have been forced into the hard shoulder, or worse.

It's hard to believe the kind of knobs we have to share the road with.

It would have been interesting if the driver correctly returned to the driving lane with the Golf coming up at that speed. The Golf driver might have been forced into the hard shoulder, or worse.

It's hard to believe the kind of knobs we have to share the road with.

Or he could of stayed in the middle lane ..., it is weird that he chose to turn the whole situation into a moose test with undertaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

I dunno, lads. I just drop in and out of this thread from time to time, and have seen remarks in the past about how sometimes there's a tendency to just criticise the person who puts up a clip rather than the person who's bad driving they're highlighting. This is a real example of it.

Even if we take it that the poster who put up the clip was wrong to be in the middle lane, that's by far the lesser of two evils in that clip.

Yet people are queuing up to criticise him (or give thanks to others who have criticised him already), while the closest thing there is to criticising the Golf driver is statements like "I'm not condoning it, but..........."

Chances are the poster here had just gone past the lorry maybe 10 to 15 seconds earlier, and who knows, maybe he intended to pull back into the left lane just a few seconds later. If all of you are so particular about road position that you can't tolerate somebody being in the "wrong" lane for maybe just ten seconds on a virtually empty road, then wow, people really are very particular indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Motorway lane discipline in Ireland is made much harder by the complete inability of most drivers to merge. You get a line of cars bumper to bumper on the slip road all moving out like a continuous 90kph train, and if they see a car in lane 1 they generally make the situation worse by braking. Like, WTF do they think the multi-million euro grade separated junction is for?

Coming from a country where people tend to both merge safely and exercise lane discipline, I've tried over the last 20 years to carry on as I used to but I do understand why people here are a bit sloppy about it, and effectlvely treat lane 1 as an off/off lane.

Crapness begets crapness, it's a doom loop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/motoring-news/577449/truck-driver-arrested-and-charged-following-dangerous-driving-incident-in-limerick.html
    A MAN has been arrested and charged in connection with a terrifying incident on the main Limerick to Tipperary Road.

Video footage of the incident, which shows an articulated truck performing a dangerous overtaking manoeuvre on the outskirts of Limerick city, was posted on social media earlier this week.

The 45 second video, which was recorded on a dash-cam, shows an articulated truck and trailer crossing onto the incorrect side of the N24 as it overtakes a number of other vehicles including a van and a smaller lorry.
    poster

Several vehicles travelling in the opposite direction can be seen taking evasive action and pulling into the side of the road to avoid a potential collision.

One of those vehicles is another articulated truck which is travelling in the direction of Limerick city. At one point the footage depicts three trucks side-by-side on the road.

The incident happened near a number of homes and a short distance from Beary's Cross which is a known accident blackspot.

In response to a query from the Limerick Leader, a garda spokesperson confirmed a man is facing prosecution in relation to the incident.

"Gardaí have arrested and charged a man, 50s, in relation to a dangerous driving incident on the N24 between Limerick city and Pallasgreen on September 14, 2020. He was arrested on September 28 and detained at Roxboro Road Garda Station. He was later charged and is due to appear before Limerick City District Court on October 26 at 10.30am," he said.

Advertisement