Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Jude13 wrote: »
    Looks great. Still prefer the M&S Mrs Claus.

Don't watch Ozark so!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Is that the same person? Noooooo

Is that the same person? Noooooo

Yep. :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

James Caan has dashed hopes of an Elf sequel ever happening due to Will Ferrell's alleged feud with director Jon Favreau.
    Source: https://www.film-news.co.uk/news/UK/79170/James-Caan-blames-Will-Ferrell-s-feud-with-director-Jon-Favreau-for-scrapped-Elf-sequel

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Good. Not every film needs a sequel!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Posy wrote: »

Very true. They are rarely as good as the original.

Anyone think of any sequels that were better than the first one?

Rocky, Godfather maybe.....

TRS30 wrote: »
    Very true. They are rarely as good as the original.

Anyone think of any sequels that were better than the first one?

Rocky, Godfather maybe.....

The Empire Strikes back and Godfather 2 generally accepted as the exceptions to that rule, some like to throw Aliens into the mix also. So many sequels tarnish the original which makes them even worse again.

Die Hard 2

Die Hard 2

This is a coin toss for me. Love both of them so hard to say if 2 is better than 1. I watch both regularly to try and help me decide :)

Seeing as the second is clearly a christmas movie whilst the original is questionable in that regard I'd go for die hard 2 ;)

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    Agree with you !

otnomart wrote: »
    John Cleese, Elizabeth Hurley and Kelsey Grammer have been cast in Father Christmas Is Back, a family comedy film now shooting in York
    Source: https://deadline.com/2020/09/father-christmas-is-back-movie-elizabeth-hurley-john-cleese-kelsey-grammer-cast-1234576532/

Stills from the set of Father Christmas Is Back
    Source: https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/tv/christmas-film-starring-hollywood-john-18975565

1_Father-Christmas-Is-Back-2.jpg

0_Father-Christmas-Is-Back.jpg

Sony Christmas movie channel is back as of today!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

DvB wrote: »
    Sony Christmas movie channel is back as of today!

Thanks. 329 on virgin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭world class wreckin’ cru

A fun Christmas movie for horror fans.

Better Watch Out.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4443658/

:)

I have seen that one, its very good, well worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

The kids really like The Christmas Chronicles. I must admit, I really like it too.
    I like Elf, Die Hard, Trading Places, Scrooged and on a cheesier note The Holiday and Love Actually.

Trading places is completely underrated as a Christmas movie. It ticks all the boxes, Christmas scenes, and goodwill. Didnt think much of the Christmas Chronicles. Maybe it will grow on me.

I used to dislike the Polar express, for years, now I think its quite sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭world class wreckin’ cru

I loved Christmas Chronicles. Can’t wait to revisit Die Hard and the same argument in our house whether it’s a Christmas movie or not (it bloody is!).

Trading Places is excellent. I haven’t watched it in a few years so will add it to my list this year.

Funnilyy enough I liked it the first time I watched it with the kids when they were tiny and drank everything christmas, watched it a couple of years later & wasnt as keen on it, the scenes at the north pole just being too odd for me. Must watch it again though as its been a good 4 or 5 years since I attempted it.

• Advertisement

Haven't seen this in years as well. Must add it to the list for this year. Elf2 loves trains so a good one to watch with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

I really liked the Christmas Chronicle, and looking forward the the 2nd one. I'm going to put myself out there for a slating by saying Die hard is not a Christmas film and I'll top it off and say I'm not actually a fan (runs and hides under jumper)..
    Love Actually one of my faves and I think its definitely a build up to Christmas watch.
    Christmas with the kranks is good and national lampoons Christmas vacation up there with the best..
    Scrooged is great, love all of them but the Bill Murray one I think is best..oh actually muppets Christmas Carol is on par..
    So many films, love them all ( just not die hard)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Loved the Christmas Chronicles can't wait for the 2nd one
    Keep putting Die Hard on my list each year and never get to it, hopefully I'll get to watch it this year, I loved it years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

I loved Christmas Chronicles. Can’t wait to revisit Die Hard and the same argument in our house whether it’s a Christmas movie or not (it bloody is!).

Trading Places is excellent. I haven’t watched it in a few years so will add it to my list this year.

Great isn't it? Really looking forward to the second one.

Die Hard is definitely a Christmas movie!! ;)

It's not Christmas without Trading Places :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Mutleyboo wrote: »
    I really liked the Christmas Chronicle, and looking forward the the 2nd one. I'm going to put myself out there for a slating by saying Die hard is not a Christmas film and I'll top it off and say I'm not actually a fan (runs and hides under jumper)..
    Love Actually one of my faves and I think its definitely a build up to Christmas watch.
    Christmas with the kranks is good and national lampoons Christmas vacation up there with the best..
    Scrooged is great, love all of them but the Bill Murray one I think is best..oh actually muppets Christmas Carol is on par..
    So many films, love them all ( just not die hard)

I was going to chastise you over your die hard comment but your other movies are great picks :D

Some great choices there. Scrooged and the Muppets Christmas Carol are my 2 favourite a Christmas carols.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

If Die Hard is a Christmas movie, then so is Iron Man 3 (and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang as well from the same director).

Anna and the Apocalypse is a fun Zombie comedy set at Christmas.

The 2019 remake of Black Christmas was pretty good too, not seen the original.

Going for horror recommendations due to Halloween being soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

Im glad I've regained myself LOL!
    Just got the Disney channel so hoping for some good Christmas films

I have changed on Die Hard, its a movie to watch at Christmas but not a Christmas movie as it doesn't have anything to do with the spirit of Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭screamer

Mutleyboo wrote: »
    Im glad I've regained myself LOL!
    Just got the Disney channel so hoping for some good Christmas films

Fairly slim pickings on it at the moment. Hoping it will improve as we get closer to Christmas

• Advertisement

I have changed on Die Hard, its a movie to watch at Christmas but not a Christmas movie as it doesn't have anything to do with the spirit of Christmas.

The bizarre thing is I never considered it a Christmas movie and voted that way in our poll a couple of years ago, but, I was swayed by the cant wait for Christmas podcasts and if had to vote again probably would vote that its a Christmas film.

Even though it really isn't.

Advertisement