Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Anybody bothering with the Christmas in July movies on Movies 24? I'm not a fan of the hallmark style christmas films so havent bothered but was just wondering last night as i went channel surfing if anyone else on here has bothered either?

No haven't bother either, partly been pretty busy the last week or so, partly forgot about it and partly not a massive fan.

Did come across Muppets Christmas Carol on Disney+ last night when looking for a movie to watch with the missus, was tempted however will save it for a rainy afternoon with the kids.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    Anybody bothering with the Christmas in July movies on Movies 24? I'm not a fan of the hallmark style christmas films so havent bothered but was just wondering last night as i went channel surfing if anyone else on here has bothered either?

I really don’t bother with the Hallmark style Christmas movies. Once you’ve seen one you’ve seen them all.

They’re a niche and they thrive off it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I might watch one, or maybe two, over the Christmas, but that would be it.

They are all pretty formulaic.
    High powered New York lawyer goes to small snowy mountain town under some flimsy premise. She's engaged, but it's to a horrible creep (insert scene of him flirting with other women, being a sexist pig etc) so that makes it okay when she falls for hunky local ski lodge owner who conveniently recently lost his wife in an avalanche etc etc... The movie will end on Christmas day when Ski Lodge presents her with an engagement ring. Of course she says yes, even though there is not a lot of legal work in a town with a population of 112, not to mention that they just met 6 days ago.

On the plus side, you can always play the Hallmark Bingo I linked to a few posts up. :pac:

pf9O9Ts.jpg?1

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    I might watch one, or maybe two, over the Christmas, but that would be it.

They are all pretty formulaic.
    High powered New York lawyer goes to small snowy mountain town under some flimsy premise. She's engaged, but it's to a horrible creep (insert scene of him flirting with other women, being a sexist pig etc) so that makes it okay when she falls for hunky local ski lodge owner who conveniently recently lost his wife in an avalanche etc etc... The movie will end on Christmas day when Ski Lodge presents her with an engagement ring. Of course she says yes, even though there is not a lot of legal work in a town with a population of 112, not to mention that they just met 6 days ago.

And of course in those small towns they’ve no need for fancy contracts all their deals are sealed with a good old fashioned handshake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Jason Momoa To Voice Frosty The Snowman In hybrid CG/live-action film
    Source: https://deadline.com/2020/07/jason-momoa-frosty-the-snowman-live-action-warner-bros-stampede-1202975009/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’m a fan of the hallmark movies :D I’ve watched a few as it is :) Yeah I’m a romantic Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,049 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

We ration ourselves to about 2-3 of the Hallmark type movies per season :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 TomRiddle35

Scrooged is the only way to go!

Scrooged is the only way to go!

Love Scrooged. For a bonus point can anyone say what other version of a Christmas Carol features during scrooged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    Love Scrooged. For a bonus point can anyone say what other version of a Christmas Carol features during scrooged.

The muppet christmas carol.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 28,049 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Was it the Alastair Sim version?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Watched "Christmas with a View" on Netflix last night - your typical Hallmark style movie.....the male lead was cute though :D

leahyl wrote: »
    .....the male lead was cute though :D

Odds on was Dean Cain :D

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Was it the Alastair Sim version?

Nope. And no to the muppets Christmas Carol. It was a scene from Mister Magoo’s version of A Christmas Carol.

TRS30 wrote: »
    Odds on was Dean Cain :D

No it wasn't actually! It was a Canadian actor (as they nearly always are, masquerading as American:D) - his name is Scott Cavalheiro

Nope. And no to the muppets Christmas Carol. It was a scene from Mister Magoo’s version of A Christmas Carol.

Twas but a random punt. Vaguely remember the secretary's young son that didnt talk watching tv & thought it might be shown that he was watching on TV & guessed at the muppets.

You learn something every day in here!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Mmmmm... Dean Cain. *drools*

Posy wrote: »
    Mmmmm... Dean Cain. *drools*

It's the ripping the shirt open isn't it?!? :D

YES. :D

I mean... no, I think he is a fine actor. >_>

• Advertisement

https://ew.com/tv/hallmark-greenlights-40-christmas-movies/

Some good news for anyone that likes Hallmark movies :)

NEWS JUST IN: The Sony Movies Christmas TV channel will return on September 25th!

NEWS JUST IN: The Sony Movies Christmas TV channel will return on September 25th!

24th!!!
    So we get a whole day extra!! yay!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Shirlywhirl

We watched Klaus for the first time last night and it is very good, felt very Christmassy after it! Its definitely going to be added to the regular Christmas viewing list!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Absolutely love Klaus. Definitely on the every year watch list.

Short and fun
    Buzzfeed Christmas Movie Character Quiz — Who Are You?
    I took the Test and turned out to be:
    Clark Griswold out of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

otnomart wrote: »
    Short and fun
    Buzzfeed Christmas Movie Character Quiz — Who Are You?
    I took the Test and turned out to be:
    Clark Griswold out of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

I got Buddy from Elf :D

I got Buddy from Elf :D

Me too! :-D

• Advertisement

I also got Buddy the elf is there any other answer I wonder :D

Advertisement