Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,080 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I know , I love Aldi too , we all have to be careful with our spending these days :)
    I like the Hogan Stand for the five for twenty euro offer tbh .

Pork chops, chicken, mince etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Pork chops, chicken, mince etc?

Yes , stuffed chicken , chops , meatballs , stuffed pork , steak burgers , can't think of what else G tbh although there's more choices than that . Daughter gets it too and he has no problem switching out an item to a piece of bacon for her .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Yes , stuffed chicken , chops , meatballs , stuffed pork , steak burgers , can't think of what else G tbh although there's more choices than that . Daughter gets it too and he has no problem switching out an item to a piece of bacon for her .

I've done it and there may be a lot of it in my freezer since last May. The Bacon is great and I think I posted a pic of it earlier this year. Feckin hell, ya can't beat a bit of salty bacon with mash and whatever!

Luckily my freezer is full of stuff, but over the last week I tried Aldi meat to see how it worked out. Back the Butchers for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I've done it and there may be a lot of it in my freezer since last May. The Bacon is great and I think I posted a pic of it earlier this year. Feckin hell, ya can't beat a bit of salty bacon with mash and whatever!

Luckily my freezer is full of stuff, but over the last week I tried Aldi meat to see how it worked out. Back the Butchers for me!

Ha , think we must be related G , freezer full here too :pac:
    Think I'm weird , I always say if you've something in the freezer and a bag of potatoes , we'll never starve !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Porklife wrote:
    I bought my sister and her family a lockdown present and the final gift arrived today. Excitedly I went to the post office only to be told there is no post to Australia

Resumes on September 29th

I had sausage in a brioche roll to remain on topic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Resumes on September 29th

I had sausage in a brioche roll to remain on topic!

Yay!! That makes me really happy:)

I burnt my lunch cos I took a stupid work call just as I put it on low. My blabbermouth colleague takes about a week to tell you nothing. By the time she shut up my lunch was like charcoal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Long busy day today with no time for food until just a while ago. There's a pile of other veg under the cheese on those mushrooms so it's basically just a big vegetarian meal.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I was lazy today and ordered Taco Fries.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Rack of Bellmullet honey and maple glazed lamb, roasted , and served on a bed of mushed Leitrim sourced early Autumn Peas minced with fresh mint, salt and lime.

Barley flaked twice cooked pommes de terre croquettes ( 3 servings ) heavily seasoned with wild Zaragozan sea salt, Albaquerqan crushed pepper and a dash of fresh pommegranate grenadine and strong Kilmeadan cheese berlais.

Skulling strawberry and cherry daquiris .

I had sausages, mash and mushy peas earlier with bread and butter. Hit the spot! Scooping a few beers now after an unexpected good day. Might have a takeaway tomorrow.:D

• Advertisement

A blow out tonight!

Pizza. Garlic bread. Chips. Garlic and BBQ dips. Chicken curry and rice. Beer, wine and skinny coke.

Chocolate . Lots of chocolate.

A blow out tonight!

Pizza. Garlic bread. Chips. Garlic and BBQ dips. Chicken curry and rice. Beer, wine and skinny coke.

Chocolate . Lots of chocolate.

A proper munchfest there, that's the job kid.

Had homemade chicken curry and rice here and a few cold cans of Kortenhoef, nice lager.

Looking forward to a couple of pints in the local Monday, there's lads I used have a pint and a chat with that I haven't crossed paths with since March.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

A proper munchfest there, that's the job kid.

Had homemade chicken curry and rice here and a few cold cans of Kortenhoef, nice lager.

Looking forward to a couple of pints in the local Monday, there's lads I used have a pint and a chat with that I haven't crossed paths with since March.

Yeah the kortenhoef from Aldi is decent value and taste.

Made a homemade whopper on the grill with fresh cut chips. Having a few cans of wife-beater now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Roasted duck in a plum sauce, with snow peas and bamboo shoots. And now enjoying bourbon and tonic.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Roast pork steak courtesy of The Chef.
    With mixed veg and sauerkraut.

Dinner is nearly ready for my small troop. Roast chicken, roast spuds, cheesy potato gratin and mashed turnip and carrot. Suppin a beer as I watch over it.

Breakfast this morning was badly needed after a long walk. A big and meaty honey and mustard sausage in the mix.

IMG-20200920-111459.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Steak samich in pitta bread , diced up with rocket and some lovely barbecue sauce.....savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Chicken Maryland, mixed veg and potatoes for dinner

Roasted chicken, potatoes and plums nearly ready, some fresh crusty buttered bread and a glass or two of red wine shall complete the bill of fare.

• Advertisement

There she blows, the loaf that was bought yesterday was put into the turned off oven while the chicken was resting under tinfoil. The plums that were too tart to eat from the packet gave a lovely twist to the chicken that also had squeezy honey on it to hold the herbs and spices.

The rest of the crew are on the way back from west Cork and looking forward to trying it out. There'll be no waste anyway, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Pineapple

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Pineapple

Get out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Spaghetti Bolognese and prawn crackers :)

Love pineapple :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Crisp Sandwich

Spaghetti Bolognese and Garlic Bread and a few cans of Stella

Youngs Cod fillet in beer batter, mushy peas and chunky chips. Lashings of salt n vinegar and bread and butter.

IMG-20200921-180129.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Prawn crackers :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Pasta.

IMG-20200921-201016.jpg

• Advertisement

Slow cooked Beef Chilli with Rice and Homemade Nachos

Advertisement