Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Chat. (MOD NOTE post# 3949 and post#5279)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,951 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Lack of horse manure is also a factor.Used always to have a couplec of horses on our land.Always had plenty of mushrooms in good weather years.Havent had any horses here in 15 years,and ditto no mushrooms.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭yubabill

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Chemical Fert is the reason for that - that and herbicides largely behind the loss of Wild flower meadows, pollinators, farmland bird species etc.:( Old timers will tell u that the change from Hay and Oats as stock feed to intensive silage production decimated farmland habitats and in addition led to sharp deterioration in water quality of Rivers/Lakes across the country from the 1970's onwards

Quite correct in all of the above, just to add that fertiliser leaching/runoff into watercourses is known as eutrophication and it leads to algal blooms which cause myriad problems for wildlife.

The first time I saw this on our local river was about 1985 and it's never gone away since, makes it basically unfishable once the weather warms. If someone could show the farmers where their money is going, might make them change their practices.

On mushrooms, always get a few on the local pitch, but they got money to lay a new one and only corona stopped the work, would have got none this year at all. Only one or two other places left once the work is finished, both places used for rough grazing which don't get fertiliser.

One other thing, I've noticed that sheep grazing a field seems to be good to bring on mushrooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

A new season of Meat Eater is back on Netflix tomorrow night.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

A democrat tries to introduce a bill to ban anything that could possibly be used to make a firearm at home :rolleyes:.

https://www.westernjournal.com/dem-reps-attempt-get-rid-ghost-guns-ban-common-tool/

• Advertisement

tudderone wrote: »
    A democrat tries to introduce a bill to ban anything that could possibly be used to make a firearm at home :rolleyes:.

https://www.westernjournal.com/dem-reps-attempt-get-rid-ghost-guns-ban-common-tool/

Wonder how will they register files,hacksaws and drills? Because you could make any firearm with those basic tools too?

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Wonder how will they register files,hacksaws and drills? Because you could make any firearm with those basic tools too?

I think thats what was pointed out to him, and thats what you get when you have people who do not understand an issue or a topic legislating for that issue. A complete mess is the result :mad:.

I think thats what was pointed out to him, and thats what you get when you have people who do not understand an issue or a topic legislating for that issue. A complete mess is the result :mad:.

Really is scary that the Worlds only hyperpower has such an amout of dumbf55k idiots in charge,and half of them want to vote in a doddering senile gropey rascist old white guy to be in charge of a nuclear arsenal.But then again if half the state of New Jersey stops traffic on a freeway to gawp at the Goodyear blimp,and declare it a UFO...Wel then perhaps not.:rolleyes:

https://nypost.com/2020/09/15/ufo-seen-flying-over-new-jersey-really-a-goodyear-blimp/

Really is scary that the Worlds only hyperpower has such an amout of dumbf55k idiots in charge,and half of them want to vote in a doddering senile gropey rascist old white guy to be in charge of a nuclear arsenal.But then again if half the state of New Jersey stops traffic on a freeway to gawp at the Goodyear blimp,and declare it a UFO...Wel then perhaps not.:rolleyes:

https://nypost.com/2020/09/15/ufo-seen-flying-over-new-jersey-really-a-goodyear-blimp/

I was reading about one rep over there, that during a diesel shortage, announced he was contacting the oil companies and telling them to stop drilling for gasoline, and to move their platforms to where they could drill for diesel. I mean sweet jebus.

• Advertisement

Let's not forget the Dem congressman Hank Johnson who claimed the island of Guam would tip over if too many people were on it. I know we have had some beauties in our Dail,but even the Kerry flat cap contingent cant surpass this fellah!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Let's not forget the Dem congressman Hank Jhonson who claimed the island of Guam would tip over if too many people were on it. I know we have had some beauties in our Dail,but even the Kerry flat cap contingent cant surpass this fellah!

Who feeds the gondolas in Guam? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,117 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

and half of them want to vote in a doddering senile gropey rascist old white guy to be in charge of a nuclear arsenal.

That pretty accurately describes Trump too. :D

Mellor wrote: »
    That pretty accurately describes Trump too. :D

But Biden is unbelieveably senile. He is like someone who took a lot of blows to the bonce as a young man, a professional boxer or something like that.

N.b. he makes a gaffe with Biffo 1.09 mins in :rolleyes:

But Biden is unbelieveably senile. He is like someone who took a lot of blows to the bonce as a young man, a professional boxer or something like that.
    Sure, I haven't disputed that. So is Trump. His speech is a shadow of what it was 4 years ago.
    And senile was one of the 5 adjectives. They are both old white guys. Biden slightly older. Racist. The Donald obviously ticks that box, more than Biden ? Probably. Gropey. Well, he is literally being sued for that right now. Trying to use the Justice Dept money to defend. "Grope her by the pussy" didn't really work out.

N.b. he makes a gaffe with Biffo 1.09 mins in :rolleyes:

Plus just as much a draft dodger as any of them.A former lifegaurd and football player gets five deferments from Vietnam...As an asthma sufferer.

I see some are claiming he will be a trojan horse for Killary. Nothing would surprise me about that woman. Not much being banded around on bidens trouble magnet of a son, the carry on in the Ukraine, and the massive amounts of money involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I'd be ashamed to be American if they are the two best candidates for the role of President.

Seriously, out of approximately 329,000,000 people there must be at least 328,999,724 people better than either of them.

Here is Trump being obviously so racist that black folks,some of them quite rascist themselves...[Looking at you Revs Sharpton and Jackson],wanted to hang out with the rascist cracker. :p

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gettyimages.fi%2Fphotos%2Fdonald-trump-muhammad-ali&psig=AOvVaw0yJex1ggTWhNU7T7dJVd7H&ust=1600459207492000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCKDO8aX98OsCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAO

Here is Joe Biden NOT being rascist ....
    https://youtu.be/We6Qr9-dDn8

In fact he has quite a history of "rascism"

"The first sort of mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean "
    On his then boss Barrack Obama.

"Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle, the jungle being a racial jungle with tensions having built so high that it is going to explode at some point. We have got to make some move on this."

Joe Biden on segreation school bussing 1977

"There was a little girl in California who was bussed to school. That little girl was me"

Kamala Harris his running mate in the 2020 elections,and former opponent for Democratic presidential ticket 2020 on Biden's record of segreation and school bussing.

If that’s what you believe, you’re clearly an idiot, and I don’t need your vote. Seriously, you and every single person in this ****ing town deserves to die. Now back the hell up before I tear your throat out with my goddamn teeth.

Joe Biden having a polite disagreement with Democrats in Iowa on the campaign trail :phttps://politics.theonion.com/you-re-a-piece-of-****-and-i-hope-everyone-like-you-di-1841363666.

Choices,choices,choices...:D:D:D:D:D

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I'd be ashamed to be American if they are the two best candidates for the role of President.

Seriously, out of approximately 329,000,000 people there must be at least 328,999,724 people better than either of them.

No there are 328,999,724 SANER people in America who don't want and wouldn't touch this job with a mile-long barge pole. Who would want your entire life,your ancestory,and fammlies lives to be put under a microscope of public opinion,and view to be tossed about and dragged thru the dirt and ****e of the public zoo,so the public can then discard or wipe thier asses with it?Not only does your past,but your present,and your future become public property.Every damn little comment you may have said,tweeted or written,proably back in junior infants these days,will be examined for rascism,xeneophobia, sexism,or any other bit of dirt possible to smear you....As well as having to deal with every global ****ty situation both foregin and domestic,because the buck stops with you,at your desk in the Oval office...For what?750k a year plus perks??? You have to be stark raving MAD!!!to take on tha job and responsibility for that.

• Advertisement

We all know who the intellectual heavyweight is in this race, Kanye west ! He's is not senile, he is something else.

Plus just as much a draft dodger as any of them.A former lifegaurd and football player gets five deferments from Vietnam...As an asthma sufferer.

Which of the two was that?
    I know they both had health excuses and neither served.

But that was standard for all children from wealthy tycoon/political type families.
    WW2 produced a string of presidents that ended with Bush Snr.
    Since then none served properly. (Bush jr national guard was a lot more saavy than dodged the dradft outright). Obama was a child during vietnam to be fair.

Which of the two was that?
    I know they both had health excuses and neither served.

But that was standard for all children from wealthy tycoon/political type families.
    WW2 produced a string of presidents that ended with Bush Snr.
    Since then none served properly. (Bush jr national guard was a lot more saavy than dodged the dradft outright). Obama was a child during vietnam to be fair.

Biden is the "asthmathic."The only military Trump saw was he was packed off to a military academy for his high school time.

Indeed there is a shocking lack of military experiance in US presidents in a long while. Clinton might have qualified with his ROTC...By a very long mile shot with a air rifle.But he dodged out as well.

Should be almost a mandatory qualification that you have at least basic and one tour of combat under your belt before applying for the Commander in cheifs position.:rolleyes:

Biden is the "asthmathic."The only military Trump saw was he was packed off to a military academy for his high school time
    Just checked there. Trump had 5 deferments for Vietnam. The last of which was for bone spurs on his feet - just a few years after he was "going pro" in baseball.
    Should be almost a mandatory qualification that you have at least basic and one tour of combat under your belt before applying for the Commander in cheifs position.:rolleyes:

I've no problem if the consensus is that a military career no longer benefits a politician. But in that case a politician should no longer be in charge for words most advanced military.

If you want an easy life as a president...I think ours must be the top job.

What's not to like about;

Live in a house that makes the White House look like the gardener's cottage in comparison. If you have ever visited the WH,its tiny in comparison to some palaces,even here in Ireland and the UK.With a park outside it bigger than central park NYC,[with your own deer herd on tap ,if you fancied a spot of hunting.:D]

Job requirements.
    Give a bunch of amadahns from Kildare street their ministerial seals of office once in awhile when they get elected.Every five years or so.Bit stressful and hectic this year with two agricultural ministers changing in the spate of 6 weeks.

Sign any laws that are put in front of you,whether you agree with them or not,as you really dont have any power to do anything about them or have no veto.

Be waited on hand and foot.Attend the odd state banquet at home and abroad,while travelling and repersenting Ireland.On the Irish taxpayers dime.

You are commander in cheif,but shure no trouble there.As we are neutral,have never been invaded in the last 500 years And when has anIrish president in CIC role ever betaken of a manouver of the Irish army?Come to think of it,when was the last live national manouver across 26 counties that wasnt a tabletop exercise?

Keep the gob shut on any political events or situations at home or abroad.

[Unless it is of course critiqueing those damn Republican Yank presidents.Democrats get a free pass because...JFK and NI meddling]

Thats about it really...

Plenty of free time to persue your literary, poetic,golfing,or cossword puzzle solving abilities.

Very generous renumeration package,more so than the rest of the EU presidencies.Free gold class health package,free travel,for the rest of your natural life.Armed protection detail as standard .

Apply, any political party ,Dail Eireinn,Kildare St.

Just checked there. Trump had 5 deferments for Vietnam. The last of which was for bone spurs on his feet - just a few years after he was "going pro" in baseball.

I've no problem if the consensus is that a military career no longer benefits a politician. But in that case a politician should no longer be in charge for words most advanced military.

Heel spurs are known more in our part of the world as "flat feet" in military parlance.And back then it was a an excuse.Nowadays not so much with orthopedic inserts and boots and allowing troops some leeway in personalising their equipment within specified parameters.

Be more inclined to say it should and is benefical,as if you have experianced the nasty side of war first hand,you mightnt be too hasty to unleash it on some other mothers sons.

Heel spurs are known more in our part of the world as "flat feet" in military parlance.And back then it was a an excuse.Nowadays not so much with orthopedic inserts and boots and allowing troops some leeway in personalising their equipment within specified parameters

Don't think flat feet and heel spurs are the same. Flat feet are simply fallen arches, I have flat feet.
    Heel spurs are physical protrusions on the bone. I've no doubts that a bad case could be debilitating. I was talking about Trumps convenient debilitating spurs that weren't an issue when he was playing baseball
    Be more inclined to say it should and is benefical,as if you have experianced the nasty side of war first hand,you mightnt be too hasty to unleash it on some other mothers sons.

That's true, I was being a bit ironic, as realistically there no alternate universe where any POTUS gives up that control.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Jesus that's bad, but it would be a lot worse if she were black.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

Jesus that's bad, but it would be a lot worse if she were black.

They must not be taught the concept of the word "Backstop" in that police force.

Advertisement