Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

Good to see him out doing something all the same. All we ever hear about is Trump said this at a rally or Trump said that at a other daily conference.

Never hear anything about Biden. You would be forgiven for forgetting that he is even running.

Joe will be exhausted by the time the debates come around, bless him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Ah, Bill Kristol is a globalist Neocon, you know the people behind the Project for a new American Century (PNAC) that bought freedom and democracy to the Middle East under the reign of GW Bush and then joined the Clinton campaign in 2016. Trump already made a bad decision hiring neocon John Bolton and later fired him. You really don't want to support Neocons.

He just posted the link, why are you attacking the person who posted it and not discussing the content?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Biden his time

• Registered Users Posts: 25,449 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Ah, Bill Kristol is a globalist Neocon, you know the people behind the Project for a new American Century (PNAC) that bought freedom and democracy to the Middle East under the reign of GW Bush and then joined the Clinton campaign in 2016. Trump already made a bad decision hiring neocon John Bolton and later fired him. You really don't want to support Neocons.

Whats your thoughts on the ad? Never mind the source, concentrate on the content of the ad. What's your thoughts on what she says?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Trump will be rocking Biden to sleep on his knee. Maybe even a Lullaby !

• Advertisement

blinding wrote: »
    Trump will be rocking Biden to sleep on his knee. Maybe even a Lullaby !

Biden

Trump

Trump looks like he will be lucky to make it to election day.

Biden

Trump

Trump looks like he will be lucky to make it to election day.
    You’d think America could do better than both !

I’d do it but I was not born on American soil.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

He just posted the link, why are you attacking the person who posted it and not discussing the content?

Whats your thoughts on the ad? Never mind the source, concentrate on the content of the ad. What's your thoughts on what she says?

At the end she gives the game away, she is a partisan hack - "I am a McCain Republican", "I am a Bush Republican". Both of those were war mongers and actively involved in killing people. I guess she must be OK with that.

vlbbt8kwyrq01.jpg

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

At the end she gives the game away, she is a partisan hack - "I am a McCain Republican", "I am a Bush Republican". Both of those were war mongers and actively involved in killing people. I guess she must be OK with that.

vlbbt8kwyrq01.jpg

Talk about deflation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Talk about deflation.

Ah in fairness, it was a good one, even had a numbered picture to highlight the point.

• Advertisement

blinding wrote: »
    You’d think America could do better than both !

I’d do it but I was not born on American soil.

American presidential election have for the longest time been vicious campaigns where every bit of muck that can be found against you will be thrown at you and if they can't find any they will fabricate it. It is rare you get a candidate like President Jimmy Carter to run and be successfully elected, but that was after a decade of turbulence in the aftermath of the 1960s and the ending of the Vietnam war. Are you a flawed character like Biden or Trump, Do you have the skin of a rhinoceros to be able to take the volume of criticism that comes your way?

Here is some more background on Biden.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

vlbbt8kwyrq01.jpg

Regarding the ads content, regardless of who spoke it.
    I asked a similar question earlier in the thread- do you think Trump could have done more during the COVID question. Yes or no. It's really that simple. No excuses. No obesity or statistical gymnastics. Could he himself have done more during the pandemic that could have saved more lives.

kenmm wrote: »
    Ah in fairness, it was a good one, even had a numbered picture to highlight the point.

It’s also a lie btw.

“These photographs are manipulative, because they depict not Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, but the members of the Free Syrian Army.“

Here is some more background on Biden.

That video shows the polls were clearly wrong in 16. Without understanding why, we can't truly use them to compare with this year's polling.

vlbbt8kwyrq01.jpg

OK

You have answered a question no one has asked, Any chance you could answer the question that was asked?

It’s also a lie btw.

“These photographs are manipulative, because they depict not Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, but the members of the Free Syrian Army.“

Ah to be honest I would have assumed so (the names weren't who they said they were) but I couldn't be arsed checking. Even if they are who they say they are it's completely without time frame or context.

But the colours were pretty and that helps, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

It’s also a lie btw.

The Free Syrian Army were often as bad and as demented.

That's no reflection on McCain. You meet all sorts in a war zone.

He was an old school Gop type, mad for the bomb and intervention, he would have been a great Lincoln Project man.

That video shows the polls were clearly wrong in 16. Without understanding why, we can't truly use them to compare with this year's polling.
    On the face of it though ~ ~ Joe Biden can go to the Nursing Home ~ Ok, they can tell him he is President but Trump will be the actual President. It won’t make any difference what so ever to Joe Biden !:eek:

It’s also a lie btw.

What's the story anyway with this bs? The posters who post it, have they been duped (and it's a hard thing to admit if that's the case) or are they deliberately trying to deceive?

An asshole would ask, and you stupid or ys liar? I wouldn't go that far as anyone can make a mistake. So much information and disinformation. So let's boil it down to another simple question.

Did you A) make a mistake? or B) are you trying to deceive?

A or B?

What's the story anyway with this bs? The posters who post it, have they been duped (and it's a hard thing to admit if that's the case) or are they deliberately trying to deceive?

An asshole would ask, and you stupid or ys liar? I wouldn't go that far as anyone can make a mistake. So much information and disinformation. So let's boil it down to another simple question.

A or B?

The truth is irrelevant when defending Trump.

• Advertisement

The truth is irrelevant when defending Trump.

Maybe so, but let's see if anyone is brave enough to answer truthfully. I'd like to see this thread with a touch more honesty.

2 straight questions. Should be easy, especially with the higher levels of intelligence that conservatives apparently poses.

Edit - I won't hold my breath tho, I'd doubt it would be answered without hesitation, repetition or deviation!

Regarding the ads content, regardless of who spoke it.
    I asked a similar question earlier in the thread- do you think Trump could have done more during the COVID question. Yes or no. It's really that simple. No excuses. No obesity or statistical gymnastics. Could he himself have done more during the pandemic that could have saved more lives.

It is not that simple. The most effective early strategy was to close the borders. That is fine for an island nation but good luck doing that in the United States with a political opposition that claims no problem with open borders and actively protested against the measure while trying to pin impeachment on their president which seemed more important to them at the time than the lives of the US citizens they pretend to care about for electoral gain. Closing the borders is within the power of the Federal government, the rest is up to the individual states. By that standard how well did the EU president do? or the Russian federation president?
    To stop the coronavirus, the most successful countries slammed their doors shut to visitors. It worked.

Until they let outsiders back in.

source

You cannot even say which strategy is right until after the pandemic has completed its lifecycle. The challenges of managing a situation with a diverse population over a wide geographical area area are different to those of an island with controlled entry points and a homogenous population.

It is not that simple. The most effective early strategy was to close the borders. That is fine for an island nation but good luck doing that in the United States with a political opposition that claims no problem with open borders and actively protested against the measure while trying to pin impeachment on their president which seemed more important to them at the time than the lives of the US citizens they pretend to care about for electoral gain. Closing the borders is within the power of the Federal government, the rest is up to the individual states. By that standard how well did the EU president do? or the Russian federation president?

You cannot even say which strategy is right until after the pandemic has completed its lifecycle. The challenges of managing a situation with a diverse population over a wide geographical area area are different to those of an island with controlled entry points and a homogenous population.

The simplicity was in asking your opinion. We know there are a lot of unknowns. The question is, in your opinion do you think Trump could have done anything better. It really is that simple.

Edit:
    Yes, he could have done more.
    No, he done as well as he could have.

The simplicity was in asking your opinion. We know there are a lot of unknowns. The question is, in your opinion do you think Trump could have done anything better. It really is that simple.

To answer you have to be able to compare the response and outcome of an equivalent nation. It realy is that simple. Who should I compare against?

To answer you have to be able to compare the response and outcome of an equivalent nation. It realy is that simple. Who should I compare against?

No you don't. You don't need to compare at all.

Given all we know about the situation as it stands today. The states being individually governed, the platform Trump has, the unknowns on strategy, the pressure people were under. All of it. Do you think Trump could have done a better job?

You can change your mind in the future when the score cards are complete (as it were) or if more information comes to light. It's not some binding agreement, but if you can't or won't answer that's fine too.

A or B?

This question is more simple as it's based entirely on an image you posted. Much more straightforward scenario than a pandemic!

I'm not trying to be a (unt here, but this is where there are a lot of problems with various bits if information that is floating around.

Image taken from original post:

vlbbt8kwyrq01.jpg

A or B?

She claims to be a supporter of Bush and McCain yet George Bush authorised an operation that killed millions and sparked a civil war that led to the destabilisation of Syria and Libya under the follow on administration. Trump has openly said this was a waste and criticised the generals he now commands for their profligacy with war. He has not yet ended any wars, he seems to be moving in the right direction at the moment.

Biden was talking up the war in Iraq years before it happened and voted for that war.

Bush and McCain both supported the media-military-industrial complex an made decisions that directly killed innocent people. How does her support for those two killers square with her disdain for Trump and support for Biden? Her presentation is just electioneering.

No you don't. You don't need to compare at all.
    . . ..

You can't be objective without being able to compare the outcome of one leaders decisions against anothers when the problem has not been resolved.

She claims to be a supporter of Bush and McCain yet George Bush authorised an operation that killed millions and sparked a civil war that led to the destabilisation of Syria and Libya under the follow on administration. Trump has openly said this was a waste and criticised the generals he now commands for their profligacy with war. He has not yet ended any wars, he seems to be moving in the right direction at the moment.

Biden was talking up the war in Iraq years before it happened and voted for that war.

Bush and McCain both supported the media-military-industrial complex an made decisions that directly killed innocent people. How does her support for those two killers square with her disdain for Trump and support for Biden? Her presentation is just electioneering.

Trump Timeline

Sept. 11, 2002: Howard Stern asks Trump if he supports invading Iraq. Trump answers hesitantly. “Yeah, I guess so. You know, I wish it was, I wish the first time it was done correctly.”

Jan. 28, 2003: Trump appears on Fox Business’ “Your World with Neil Cavuto,” on the night of President Bush’s State of the Union address. Trump says he expects to hear “a lot of talk about Iraq and the problems,” and the economy. He urges Bush to make a decision on Iraq. “Either you attack or you don’t attack,” he says. But he offers no opinion on what Bush should do.

Factcheck.org

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Danzy wrote: »
    That's no reflection on McCain. You meet all sorts in a war zone.

I agree. His 'Bomb, Bomb, Bomb .. Bomb, Bomb, Iran' was far more damaging for him, politically speaking at least.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement