Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,437 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

And if every wrestler you hire is a main eventer where do you stand then.

You need midcarders you need jobbers you need talented wrestlers with no charisma who can get good to great matches out of wrestlers with no charisma but have the look.

Cardona hasn’t been brought in to be a challenger to Mox he was brought in as Cody’s friend a good hand a clear mid card guy.

Sydal was clear brought in as he is a really solid worker.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I would have had Pillman Jr clock Sabian and then let Miro make the save.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Miro is one of the best all round performers in the world however for whatever reason he froze last night and lost his train of thought.

Fans who write off wrestlers for a botch or a bad promo are just.........Checks language.

The worst kind of fans the same kind of fans that say every wrestler that works for another company that’s not WWE is a WWE cast off the same kind of fans that just don’t seem to get enjoyment out of wresting yet keep watching so they can complain on the internet.

Didn't notice anything particularly bad about Miro? What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,126 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"Without Lana dragging him down." That's hilarious. Lana was a major part of his act and got him loads of heat.

Also, even if his shirt was $500 it's still a Mickey Mouse t-shirt and looks like something off Redbubble.

Didn't notice anything particularly bad about Miro? What happened?

Not much really he just seemed to lose his train of though a few times during his promo and just stumbled to bring it back on track is what I noticed froze is probably the wrong word to use. However the usual internet fans being internet fans make a huge deal of it they need something to complain about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Not much really he just seemed to lose his train of though a few times during his promo and just stumbled to bring it back on track is what I noticed froze is probably the wrong word to use. However the usual internet fans being internet fans make a huge deal of it they need something to complain about.

you do this with wwe all the time yet complain when people say it about you like you complain about

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭hynesie08

WWE are doing it every week on NXT and they take pot shots on RAW and Smackdown regularly

When was the last time anyone got to the wwe and in their first promo **** talked their old employer? It doesn't happen, people come to wwe and talk about getting to the top of wwe, people leave and talk about not getting to the top of wwe,brass rings and senile old men.... It just makes you and your new company look small time.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    When was the last time anyone got to the wwe and in their first promo **** talked their old employer? It doesn't happen, people come to wwe and talk about getting to the top of wwe, people leave and talk about not getting to the top of wwe,brass rings and senile old men.... It just makes you and your new company look small time.

The Robert Stone Brand is pretty much a dig at Tony Khan and AEW week in week out on NXT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Genetic Jackhammer

This forum Unfu(king readable these days.

I wish half of you would put each other half on ignore between the WWE is the best AEW is **** and vice versa and the Meltzer fcuking bashing this forum is is gone to the fu(king dogs.

The Robert Stone Brand is pretty much a dig at Tony Khan and AEW week in week out on NXT.

Maybe, I've never seen Tony Khan, I took him to be a generic sports agent.

Point still stands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,888 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I never thought of Robert Stone Brand being that way. Probably because I know nothing about Tony Khan.
    Like I'm sure everyone who knows wrestling knows Vince so would easily spot parodies of him.
    Maybe if he had more than a couple clients or an Elite style group with him.

Anyway, as for Miro, we'll see if he now does what he says and dominates every week.
    So since I know ones here have said about Meltzer and his association with AEW, how will he react to this debut after what Miro said at the weekend?

I expected Anna Jay to come for the Tay save.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I wish half of you would put each other half on ignore between the WWE is the best AEW is **** and vice versa and the Meltzer fcuking bashing this forum is is gone to the fu(king dogs.

I dont think anyone says WWE is the best..... sure its the most succesful. I dont think people believe AEW is ****.

They had a bad week or two, it happens and we discuss it.

Same with WWE they have mostly bad weeks with some good moments occasionally. NXT kept it simple this week and it worked.

Its just a discussion. I dont think anyone is a WWE or AEW fan boy without impartially. I think most are just sick of WWE as a whole and want AEW to succeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Silly argument when NXT on national TV exists purely for the purposes of counter programming. They counter programme literally every opportunity they get. Thinking a couple of throw away lines in an ring promo is comparable to that is just ludicrous.

He's a likeable face. Plays to his natural charisma. The face side of AEW is weak anyway so having him as an outright face should really help.

Enjoyed AEW this week, the post ppv reset offers up some interesting directions. Just thinking about it while watching the show, with the roster depth at the moment I'd love them to eventually do a big singles tournament, G1 style.

They could easily book such a tournament, Id be very curious to see that idea take flight.

G1 gets so many stars to the next level, no reason it couldnt work in the states.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    They could easily book such a tournament, Id be very curious to see that idea take flight.

G1 gets so many stars to the next level, no reason it couldnt work in the states.

The worry is giving away money matches on TV but, done right and with the audience conditioned correctly, you'll add layers of storytelling to those eventually money matches rather than just blowing 1st time big singles matches for free. There's a way of doing it that would actually make these matches mean more rather than less. I think, already, they're partly on that trail. How many big time singles matches do AEW give away on TV in a ppv cycle (usually 3 months) I'd say fewer than you can count on one hand.

The ignore function on boards is useless anyway unless all parties use it.

I use it so I don’t have to engage with some posters however they can still engage with me.

That can disrupt a thread just as much when one poster never responds to to a poster that is always engaging with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I can imagine booking the G1 is possibly one of the hardest things in wrestling to do. While I think AEW have the roster to make a very watchable tournament, if it isn't booked right, it would descend into utter chaos.

If Kip turns on Miro at some point that could be great for business. The former is unlikeable, the latter seems genuinely likeable. It just makes sense, they are light on top babyfaces, but they are also light on midcard heels. Two birds with one stone there.

Silly argument when NXT on national TV exists purely for the purposes of counter programming. They counter programme literally every opportunity they get. Thinking a couple of throw away lines in an ring promo is comparable to that is just ludicrous.

Fair point, but wwe have never mentioned or acknowledged the counter programming, or running GAB against fyter fest. But cody and his tiny ego have to respond, it makes AEW look gotten too.

AEW are doing fine, they should just focus on themselves and improving their fan base, instead of having matt Cardrona talk about having a chip on his shoulder and then proving that he was exactly where he was supposed to be in WWE.

MIRO talking about glass ceilings when the AEW Main event scene is mapped out for at least the next year is silly, because he's going to be a mid card talent for a while.

Fair point, but wwe have never mentioned or acknowledged the counter programming, or running GAB against fyter fest. But cody and his tiny ego have to respond, it makes AEW look gotten too.

AEW are doing fine, they should just focus on themselves and improving their fan base, instead of having matt Cardrona talk about having a chip on his shoulder and then proving that he was exactly where he was supposed to be in WWE.

MIRO talking about glass ceilings when the AEW Main event scene is mapped out for at least the next year is silly, because he's going to be a mid card talent for a while.

If he's out there every week doing a "damn the McMahons" insider promo ala Voodoo Kin Mafia then OK, that's just silly. But equally to not acknowledge that he's a guy, like others, who has jumped over to AEW from WWE for certain reasons that would be equally silly. To be honest, I'd actually find that insulting to the viewers intelligence. We all know he's a WWE guy, the overwhelming majority of people watching this show know it, acknowledge it, get a nice little pop for it and move on. Simple.

Not mentioning it or not acknowledging it doesn't make it any less petty and detrimental to their own 3rd brand. The other week, because of scheduling issues, they couldn't oppose AEW directly so they ran a replay of the previous night's NXT on Sci Fi (or however they spell it) against Dynamite just to take a small chunk of any viewers they can. Now that's petty.

I think one of the big reasons people are disappointed with miro debut is because we all see what he could be and this wasn’t it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Genetic Jackhammer

sky88 wrote: »
    I think one of the big reasons people are disappointed with miro debut is because we all see what he could be and this wasn’t it

Writing Miro off after 2 minutes of TV fu(king hell it gets worse.

I never said he was done Jesus stop with your reaction I’m talking about last night it’s a disappointing debut that’s it

If he's out there every week doing a "damn the McMahons" insider promo ala Voodoo Kin Mafia then OK, that's just silly.
    So brodie Lee..... Sorry, Mr brodie Lee.
    But equally to not acknowledge that he's a guy, like others, who has jumped over to AEW from WWE for certain reasons that would be equally silly. To be honest, I'd actually find that insulting to the viewers intelligence. We all know he's a WWE guy, the overwhelming majority of people watching this show know it, acknowledge it, get a nice little pop for it and move on. Simple.
    You can acknowledge it without mentioning brass rings though, which is going to look pretty stupid when

Brass ring - wrestlemania tank vs John cena

Freedom - twitch feud with kip sabian

Perception is reality
    Not mentioning it or not acknowledging it doesn't make it any less petty and detrimental to their own 3rd brand. The other week, because of scheduling issues, they couldn't oppose AEW directly so they ran a replay of the previous night's NXT on Sci Fi (or however they spell it) against Dynamite just to take a small chunk of any viewers they can. Now that's petty.

I didn't know this, was it before or after AEW put last year's all out on YouTube free against NXT when they had to run Thursdays....

Nice line up for next weeks show.

Thunder Rosa vs Ivelisse could be tasty.

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1303902402463006725?s=20

Who wrote him off?

Nice line up for next weeks show.

Thunder Rosa vs Ivelisse could be tasty.

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1303902402463006725?s=20

Thats a good show on paper. JE v FTR could be brilliant.

So brodie Lee..... Sorry, Mr brodie Lee.

You can acknowledge it without mentioning brass rings though, which is going to look pretty stupid when

Brass ring - wrestlemania tank vs John cena

Freedom - twitch feud with kip sabian

Perception is reality

I didn't know this, was it before or after AEW put last year's all out on YouTube free against NXT when they had to run Thursdays....

Pretty clear they've swerved off that direction ages ago. Some things land, some things don't.

Not sure what that perception is reality line meant when the current (or at least before last night) perception of Miro was pretty much universally talented guy that was way underutilised below his popularity level. The Cena match feels like a lifetime ago.

Bit of a difference in putting something on a dopey YouTube page (not even the most popular YouTube account associated with the company) than getting your TV network to do you a solid and stick a replay up on a sister channel.

Anyway from my view I don't mind a company getting a few digs in at a competitor. It's wrestling, it's supposed to be fun. Do I need 20 minute monologues about Vince McMahon? No, but Cody hitting a throne with a sledgehammer in a silly ott entrance? I'll eat that stuff up.

the counter programming doesnt bother me as it should mean that there putting on better shows each week to outdo each other

Id be of the same thought. I dislike the Mr Brodie crap or the Cidy sledhehammer throne bit, others lap it up. Thats said, I dont mind someone talking about experience and struggles in WWE either.

Someone talking with passion about their experiences or even having a chip on their shoulder isn't a bad thing in wrestling.

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote: »
    the counter programming doesnt bother me as it should mean that there putting on better shows each week to outdo each other

Not when NXT are hotshotting everything.

Oh lets just have a title match for the sake of it because they have one.

Its just counter productive long term.

Advertisement