Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Was happy to keep Vinagre on the bench for a week or two but actually can't afford for him to drop, as I'll need to get in a 4.0m def then.

I have Taylor, Justin and Mitchell. Other best 4.5m's? Lewis perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Was happy to keep Vinagre on the bench for a week or two but actually can't afford for him to drop, as I'll need to get in a 4.0m def then.

I have Taylor, Justin and Mitchell. Other best 4.5m's? Lewis perhaps?

Lamptey looks like a 4.5 with serious potential. Will be bringing him in soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Coybig_ wrote: »

Great shout. Not bad fixtures too. Potter likes to rotate but hopefully Lamptey keeps his place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Lamptey might be the most fun right back I've ever seen. What a joy to watch! Nut-megs, Zidane-esque spins, always taking on his man. I suppose he just would have been a tricky winger back in the day but that position doesn't really exist any more.

Agree that he's one to watch if not bring in straight away. He was so good against Chelsea and you want an attacking player on the side when you go with 3 CBs. For me he looks nailed, certainly has potential to get attacking returns. Question is whether Brighton can get any cleanies. But it's worth rolling the dice on that. If I had a WC he would certainly be in my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I've never hated a nickname as much as Aggy for Aguero.

Its like I take personal offense to the name.

• Advertisement

Southampton not looking great behind the scenes, especially with Ralph's comments last night. A full strength first team losing to a largely second string Brentford is pretty horrific.

Tottenham still have good fixtures, and though people could argue for negativity behind the scenes there, I think the two signings will go a long way to lifting that cloud. Nothing makes Jose happier than signings.

United lost this fixture 2-1 last season, I was at it and Crystal Palace will set up the same way this weekend. Sit deep and counter. This has worked against United constantly last season, and even as recently as the Copenhagen game did United show an inability to break down a team sitting deep.

I also think United played quite poorly at the tail end of last season, they got extremely lucky in a number of games, the Palace away game a prime example of that where Palace deserved a point.

I had Bruno in from the start, waiting on the bench to play this week but I am by no means convinced in United. Him being on penalties and a likelihood of a lot of long shots given how Palace will set up makes him the best United option IMO.

The hold opens up a lot for GW3, as you said a -4 for 3 transfers can completely change the look of your team, and gives you the advantage of holding the Wildcard for longer.

Some great insight here, thanks. Good ol Woy knows how to set up a team to frustrate. I could see it being a tricky fixture for United, I'm not sure I expect 3 or 4 goals.

Will likely bank I think. I only saw the 2nd half of Spurs and they were so turgid I felt I couldn't hang on to Kane, but he easily could have had an assist in the first half and Soton are looking like they could be a lot weaker than we all thought pre-season. They seem to be a streaky team. It's still the bones of a team that shipped 9 to Leicester, which I guess is worth remembering. Though I only expect Spurs to score 1 to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,649 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I think Aguerio is worse fwiw

Haha it's gas how much it riles people up :D Great ol nickname imo! Can get the Aggy Aggy Aggy Oi Oi Oi chant going too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

I brought in Lamptey with my wildcard this week. Also Stuart Dallas. Difficult to know in defence what to do, go cheap or expensive on big players. Use players from same club to increase clean sheet points or vary it.

My defence is cheap at the minute but it's probably where I may change the most in the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭munster87

Got rid of Alli, brought in Hamiguez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

what's going on at Southampton?

was planning on banking but now thinking Ings out for DCL makes sense. Everton are looking good and have great fixtures for the next 10 or so, I don't really rate DCL all that highly but think he could get a few goals in the next month or two with a lot of talented players behind him. Would free up 1.4 for upgrades elsewhere too.

It's very early days but feels like Southampton players are best avoided at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Cartman78 wrote: »
    I think Aguerio is worse fwiw

That was more to do with a former poster here intentionally misspelling the player’s name to troll people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I have already done my planned Mane to KDB. Is it worth taking a hit for Ceballos to Doucoure? Ceballos doesn't look like he will get much gametime this week, having only been given 12 minutes last week when the game was already won so hardly an opportunity to stake a claim to start this week. Everton could do damage this weekend and have a decent run generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

That was more to do with a former poster here intentionally misspelling the player’s name to troll people.

it was more to do with that former poster just being hated by a lot of other vocal posters. Aguerio was just the rod to beat him with. i quite liked Aguerio

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Debating son and ings out. Bruno and Watkins in. Will wait for team news tomorrow. Son played 90 mins tonight and Southampton have looked poor in the two games

• Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Rikand wrote: »
    it was more to do with that former poster just being hated by a lot of other vocal posters. Aguerio was just the rod to beat him with. i quite liked Aguerio
    I can't remember who that poster was. Can you remind me?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

CSF wrote: »
    I can't remember who that poster was. Can you remind me?

This is the thread where it cropped up originally.

Now it's probably best to get back on topic I think lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

ASM & Robbo

To

Willian & Lewis

Only 44 points in week 1
    Captain fail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Will probably bank. Might do 3 or 4 transfers then for GW3. Treat it like a mini-wildcard.

Going without MCI/MUN assets is a risk this gameweek, but would like to see how they play first before deciding who to bring in. Think Utd will find it difficult to break down that Palace defence. Likewise think City won't be trouncing Wolves either.

Kane out Kun in
    Nketiah out Bamford in.

First week of transfers and -4. Start as you mean to go on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Kane out Kun in
    Nketiah out Bamford in.

Do you have kdb as well out of curiosity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Werner out, Martial in done last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This is the thread where it cropped up originally.

Now it's probably best to get back on topic I think lads.

One last post on it. I do not recognise this poster which pleases me that I might be slightly less obsessed with this than I thought I was :)

darego wrote: »
    Do you have kdb as well out of curiosity?

No, Auba and Salah as my expensive mids.

Team:
    Nyland Ryan
    TAA Robertson KWP Lamptey Laporte
    Auba Salah Neto ASM Gordon
    Aguero Connolly Bamford

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Kane out Kun in
    Nketiah out Bamford in.

I wouldn’t, The Times are reporting Kun not making it on Monday.

https://twitter.com/bendinnery/status/1306667498016845826?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

No, Auba and Salah as my expensive mids.

Team:
    Nyland Ryan
    TAA Robertson KWP Lamptey Laporte
    Auba Salah Neto ASM Gordon
    Aguero Connolly Bamford

Really nice team! Debating whether or not to include ageuro instead of kdb, since I have my wc active

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

I love Aguero as a player but yeah looking at that tweet above he won't play Monday, I think he may be rotated this season a bit which is hard then to justify his FPL price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

COH wrote: »
    STOP THAT

This. Started reading the post but just scrolled on when I hit that speed bump.

Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Kane out Kun in
    Nketiah out Bamford in.

If you are selling Nketiah now it will be at 5.9 and you'll be buying Bamford at 5.6, losing 0.2 in team value and the 0.3 you'll be left with itb will be hard to use for a while until more price drops happen. I don't think Bamford is a good choice anyway, his gametime will reduce as Rodrigo gets more involved and could see a mass exodus sooner rather than later as all those who jumped on the bandwagon jump back off, seeing his price drop quickly again.

As said above, bringing in Aguero not a good idea either.

• Advertisement

patmac wrote: »
    I wouldn’t, The Times are reporting Kun not making it on Monday.

https://twitter.com/bendinnery/status/1306667498016845826?s=21
    I love Aguero as a player but yeah looking at that tweet above he won't play Monday, I think he may be rotated this season a bit which is hard then to justify his FPL price.
    Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    If you are selling Nketiah now it will be at 5.9 and you'll be buying Bamford at 5.6, losing 0.2 in team value and the 0.3 you'll be left with itb will be hard to use for a while until more price drops happen. I don't think Bamford is a good choice anyway, his gametime will reduce as Rodrigo gets more involved and could see a mass exodus sooner rather than later as all those who jumped on the bandwagon jump back off, seeing his price drop quickly again.

As said above, bringing in Aguero not a good idea either.

Well... Sh*t.

Was tired last night and pulled the trigger.

You all make valid points.

I'm just hoping that Kun has a few records still to break in the PL that Pep will still use him, especially in the easier games.

It's his last season after all, and he's been a great servant

Advertisement