Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can runners/joggers just F off

• 17-09-2020 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Seriously running up behind you with the heavy breathing and sweating uggghh

The worst was today though some Asshole covering one of his nostrils just blowing his nose really hard into the open air about 5m ahead of me I’m not super strict about social distance but this really pissed me off for some reason

I wish they would distance themselves a lot more it’s not like they don’t have room

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

How about all the runners who gave you plenty of space? Can they F off too. Did you not notice them, or would that interfere with your rant?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,866 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Something has to be done, these joggers are getting in the way of the footpath cyclists.

Life ain't always empty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Set your dog on them

we're just going to have every thread we have on boards.ie, but with a 'covid' sticker thrown on it and started in here, is it?

the goodman meats of fora

All we need now is for someone to bring up the ‘toxic sweat’ issue that was being talked about back in April. Even made it onto Pat Kenny, alongside all the chat about ‘plumes’ of COVID

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Relax bruv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

Ah be fair, some of them are a pain in the arse, jogging right up on top of people panting and gasping.

Lots of them are considerate, but you tend to notice the ones who have no cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Something has to be done, these joggers are getting in the way of the footpath cyclists.

Are you proposing some sort of death match?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

A relatively harmless respiratory virus and people are jogging to get fit, which can contribute to their ability to fight off the virus. Particularly when combined with a healthy lifestyle of not being overweight, sleeping enough, eating wholefoods instead of processed rubbish, drinking lots of water and reducing stress.

2/10 for effort OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

I wish those groups of three walkers abreast hogging the path and forcing me to deviate onto the road cos they won't make room for me to pass would do the same OP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭world class wreckin’ cru

Get out and go for a run, fatty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Bikes are fine. Cyclists are the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Even with your covid paranoia, you said the runner was 5m away ?

Didn't the 'experts' say 2m is the magic distance ?

try harder..

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 13,850 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

biggebruv wrote: »

The worst was today though some Asshole covering one of his nostrils just blowing his nose really hard into the open air about 5m ahead of me I’m not super strict about social distance but this really pissed me off for some reason

I wish they would distance themselves a lot more it’s not like they don’t have room

Nobody is running up behind you.

You are ahead of them and they are running in that direction.

You're not that important.

And if somebody did something 5 meters away from you, then they were socially distancing themselves.

2 meters is socially distancing. It's been in the news a fair bit over the last six months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭KaneToad

A relatively harmless respiratory virus and people are jogging to get fit, which can contribute to their ability to fight off the virus. Particularly when combined with a healthy lifestyle of not being overweight, sleeping enough, eating wholefoods instead of processed rubbish, drinking lots of water and reducing stress.

2/10 for effort OP.

A highly contagious virus with no vaccine and no affective medical treatment. A virus that can lead to death or long term medical complications. A virus that has the potential to collapse our health services - as it did in Northern Italy. It's definitely not relatively harmless. If left unchecked it could be disastrous.

That aside...the real issue of the OP is bad etiquette of some people while exercising. I'd speculate that these people also display bad manners/lack of consideration while driving, eating, queuing etc... it's not the jogging that's the problem!

KaneToad wrote: »
    That aside...the real issue of the OP is bad etiquette of some people while exercising. I'd speculate that these people also display bad manners/lack of consideration while driving, eating, queuing etc... it's not the jogging that's the problem!
    Agreed
    Pubs have had to close down again, because staff got infected.
    Luas red line as well comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

They aren't leaving much space for pulling wheelies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

In fairness, there's no obligation to keep a dog on a lead in all parks, it's down to individual by-laws. A person who leaves dog **** behind is going to leave it behind be they on a lead or not

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

Knuts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭eleventh

biggebruv wrote: »

You have 2 choices when you're that worried
    - wear more PPE
    - stay at home altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

I was out for a walk yesterday when somebody who was out for a faster walk walked past me. And then they went past me and a bit down the path they coughed.

Can they ever just F off with their walking, and coughing at appropriate distances.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Wah wah wah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

If more people got out and ran/jogged daily it would probably be more beneficial against Covid 19. Obesity, cardiovascular disease, vitamin D deficiency, and many more underlying conditions would be reduced.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

VW 1 wrote: »
    I wish those groups of three walkers abreast hogging the path and forcing me to deviate onto the road cos they won't make room for me to pass would do the same OP.

And the dog walkers who have the dog lead extended to the max and refuse to pull it in to make room....

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

Covid 19 has done to social commentary what Hitler has done to talking about politics. Eventually their names appear during the discussion.

Where are joggers supposed to go?

In fairness, if they were to do laps of bushy park in Terenure, there would be someone complaining about them disturbing the flora and fauna or disrupting the ducks, or worse again, disturbing people feeding the ducks.

There is no end to this.

How did we end up here?

Micro managing our way through life now. Simon says blue bin day. Simon says keep 6 feet of distance. Keep 3 feet of distance. Simon didn't say that! It's 6 feet.

The next generation that come through the ranks are going to have very, very interesting lives indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

Could I suggest a cattle prod? That should ensure social distancing while dealing with mucus spreaders appropriately.

7JG0.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,891 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Jasus, I thought this hysteria would have eased off by now.

A "close contact" is being within 2m of someone for 15 mins (more like 1m if you're outdoors). Not passing someone in the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭antimatterx

What about groups of people blocking the path of a runner so you can't get past?

It's painful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

So where do we stand on "Cats with Covid" those sneaky mouse eaters should be banned, I mean they can just sneak up on you with the Covid when you're out in the garden innocently sipping your tea!
    The Gardai should have more K9 patrols to rid us of the Cat-Covid menace!!

z5pjAZmjoELjXK6z9

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement